X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has to be one of the fav. sg1 eps ever i have seen it many many times

Comment

I like O'Neill's quoting or semiquoting General Patton
      The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other ******* die for his.
      saying
      "I think a better idea is to get the other guys to lay down their lives for their world first"

Comment

I would like to know how Apophis and Klorel got off the ship to live another day. I know they used the "Ring Transport Device" to go to the other ship, but that ship blew up and as far i know they couldn't have made it through the Stargate cuz Daniel used it in the last few seconds before the ship blew up.

Any thoughts?

Comment

I watched this episode yesterday. Me likey. This is a good episode to kick off the second season. And the shuttle gag is priceless. Jack to Bra'tac's plan: "Four men and possibly a shuttle". LMAO.

Comment

i agree
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
              For me, it's Daniel's heroism--thinking he's dead, then Yay! Daniel is alive!
              Daniel and Sam working together to save the day...
              The first glimpse of the 'yes, an archeologist, but so much more' person that Daniel will become.
              So true, and funny lines made this a great start to season two.
              sigpic

Comment

I adore and miss Klorel and Skaara. I think they missed a lot of story by showing, or seemingly showing Skaara getting through to Klorel. It really seemed like he was talking to him. I think it would've been good to see that scenario play out.
                Last edited by Lunaeclipse; 18 June 2010, 10:51 PM.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Daniel's theory was that they must've used the stargate just after he used it (Can't think of the ep at the moment). I agree there didn't seem to be any time unless they used it before Daniel did... Before Daniel put that theory out I had imagined that Klorel and Apophis escaped in Deathgliders.

The sarc in this ep fixed Klorel's clothes as well, so this must've been a good model. If it didn't get blown up Klorel would never have had to get new clothes again... Actually he didn't have to, maybe he had a spare of the same model...
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 27 April 2010, 05:01 PM. Reason: You don't need spoilers for early seasons of SG-1 or in the ep thread.:)

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                  "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                  a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

When Klorel wakes up after being shot, it so sounds like he was cussing in another language...

Comment

Now those Naquadria enchanced (spelling?) warheads had the ****iest bangs ever, well, its an old show and the effects gets better per season, but still? :O, it was a paint drawed explosion.

Well, I LOVE, Stargate series, I breathe Stargate.
                      When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.-Arthur C. Clarke

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology -Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Cadmiumcadamium View Post
                        I would like to know how Apophis and Klorel got off the ship to live another day. I know they used the "Ring Transport Device" to go to the other ship, but that ship blew up and as far i know they couldn't have made it through the Stargate cuz Daniel used it in the last few seconds before the ship blew up.

Any thoughts?
                        Was there anything to say that only one ship had a stargate? I'm sure there wasn't a comment on that in the grasp/lair for or against it. I think it is assumed there was only one, which seems strange to me. Seeing as Apophis is the 'big bad' why wouldn't he have one for himself? Is he really that self- assured... However later on, I think it's in another episode, Daniel puts out the 'must've used the gate before me theory. But these are just ideas, and not canon facts.

Any one else got anything to add?
                        Last edited by Lunaeclipse; 24 June 2010, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Well I think you would have a problem having a gate on each ship because then one would have to take precedence and that means both would not work at the same time. I know originally they had Apophis leaving in the rings without Klorel, and dying in the explosion. But the fan response to Skaara/Klorel was so overwhelming they decided to add him into the shot to leave their options open. And I think that was their plan with Apophis too. They just wanted to keep the option to bring him back, which is why they didn't say anything about Apophis gating away before the explosion until much later.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            Well I think you would have a problem having a gate on each ship because then one would have to take precedence and that means both would not work at the same time. I know originally they had Apophis leaving in the rings without Klorel, and dying in the explosion. But the fan response to Skaara/Klorel was so overwhelming they decided to add him into the shot to leave their options open. And I think that was their plan with Apophis too. They just wanted to keep the option to bring him back, which is why they didn't say anything about Apophis gating away before the explosion until much later.
                            Awesome, I didn't know some of that. That answers a few questions that I had. Thank you.
                            Last edited by Lunaeclipse; 25 June 2010, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Oh wow, what a strong start to the second season. I just love the concept of stargates within ships. Obviously it was a bit predictable in places, but nevertheless a good show.
                              sigpic

Comment

What an impressive premiere for the second season!

I must confess: I did not enjoy very much the preceding three stories which all built up towards this explosive epic. But I was able to appreciate all the background that those stories had provided once I saw the exploding spaceships, Bratac, Klorel and Apophis, and the tense action and deliberations on earth and with the commando team.

Comment

Working...
                                X