The Serpent's Lair (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
    Don't think he was trying to be... Cam is Cam, and Jack is Jack.
    HAHAHA, I'm very sleepy at the moment and read that as Jam is Jam, mmmmmmmmm jam.

Anyways, finally caught up with this Rewatch shinanigan. Settled into season 2 nicely now. Damn good episode, amazing what a bit of C4 and a few grenades will do in the right hands. 2 motherships down, one very angry systemlord to go !
    sigpic
    What a show !

Comment

This was a great start for season 2. I loved the dynamic between Bra'tac and Jack throughout the episode. In fact I pretty much loved all the scenes with Bra'tac in it his arrogance and him bossing Jack around was hilarious!
      My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
        1. Was not expecting Bra'tac to show up.

2. Liked the exchange between Jack and Bra'tac...exchanging ideas...some of the more primitive ideas working.

3. Bra'tac seriously overestimated Earth's capabilities.

4. "Now we die". "Well that's a bad plan".

5. And we see SG1 save the world, and even rewatching that applause reminded me how big a deal it was.

Great way to start the new season.
        Yeah, all the points you mentioned made the episode for me...it was a great way to start off season 2. I love how they think Apophis is dead from this point up until when he shows up next.
        sigpic
        Jack: Uhh, Daniel - for cryin' out loud!!, I said I would watch the Stanley Cup playoffs with you!
        Is all this necessary??!?

Comment

Were they dead cert they had killed him, I mean they mention having

Spoiler:
          "beaten the crap out of Apothis"
          in the following ep but OK...it's been a while since I saw the middle chunk of S2 but I don't think they wrote him off completely.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Spoiler:
            in the following ep but OK...it's been a while since I saw the middle chunk of S2 but I don't think they wrote him off completely.
            You may be right.
            sigpic
            Jack: Uhh, Daniel - for cryin' out loud!!, I said I would watch the Stanley Cup playoffs with you!
            Is all this necessary??!?

Comment

Spoiler:
              They were positive they had killed him, simply because both motherships blew up, and even a "god" couldn't survive that. So, until "Family" in Season 2, they were certain he was dead. They later assumed the two of them had managed to get to the stargate just after Daniel went through and likely just as the ships were blowing up. That was the only way off. I doubt that given how little time Daniel had to get through the gate that they thought anyone else would have time to do the same.

Comment

Fair enough.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I thinks it's more likely that Klorel and Apophis escaped using the Stargate before Daniel came out of the sarcophagus because of the time issue if they did not just go by deathglider as the other team member did.

Comment

Originally posted by ekolint48 View Post
                    I thinks it's more likely that Klorel and Apophis escaped using the Stargate before Daniel came out of the sarcophagus because of the time issue if they did not just go by deathglider as the other team member did.
                    Yes. That's likely, too. Esp. since Daniel only had about 30 seconds left on the C4 countdown before it blew. But I think it was more likely they went through seconds before he ran into the room, and the gate had just shut down as he was running down the corridor to the gatetroom. So it would have been extremely close.

Comment

This was a great season opener. It was packed with action and plenty of humor! I loved seeing Bra'tac again as well as the banter between him and O'neill. The team definitely became closer and more respect earned during this episode. Jack, while trying to be funny ("just bite them"), trusted Sam to protect them while in the jail cell. Then when Jack tells Daniel to watch their backs. I also liked to see Skaara fighting Klorel when the missiles where coming in. It shows that Skaara is still fighting for control and will be a bother for klorel in the future. Some of my favorite moments were:

*Hammond shooting down Samuels after he requests to leave for the Alpha site
                      *"bad day" reference throughout the episode and then finally "not so bad after all"
                      *Jack "we've been in worse situations before" Teal'c "not that i am aware"
                      *Bra'tac "Perhaps when the ships of your world attack, we will be able to--" Sam "Uh, did you say the ships of our world?" Bra'tac "Surely you have such vessels" Daniel "Well, we have number of...of..." Daniel & Jack "... shuttles" Bra'tac "These 'shut-tells', they are a formidable craft?" Jack "Oh, yeah. Ya"
                      *Jack hugging Daniel and calling him "Spacemonkey"

Comment

Originally posted by moondragon View Post
                        *Jack hugging Daniel and calling him "Spacemonkey"
                        I've never liked the spacemonkey line. I think it's a very weak ending.

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                          I've never liked the spacemonkey line. I think it's a very weak ending.

Seaboe
                          Well sure, they could have definitely ended the episode with something more profound. For me the line isn't about tying up the episode. It's about Jack and Daniel's friendship and how it grew stronger after the ordeal. Jack finally saw Daniel as more than just the archaeologist of his team. Daniel was able to prove that he could fight alongside the military personnel and not be a hindrance (he even added the extra C4 to the piloting console). The spacemonkey line was Jack showing Daniel that he would have been missed if he would have died.

Comment

Well sure, they could have definitely ended the episode with something more profound. ... The spacemonkey line was Jack showing Daniel that he would have been missed if he would have died.
                            It's not the lack of profundity that bothers me. I think it's a stupid thing to say. Thank G*d they never used it again (although you'd never know that from its popularity in fan fiction).

Seaboe
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Well sure, they could have definitely ended the episode with something more profound. For me the line isn't about tying up the episode. It's about Jack and Daniel's friendship and how it grew stronger after the ordeal. Jack finally saw Daniel as more than just the archaeologist of his team. Daniel was able to prove that he could fight alongside the military personnel and not be a hindrance (he even added the extra C4 to the piloting console). The spacemonkey line was Jack showing Daniel that he would have been missed if he would have died.
                              Spacemonkey, to me, was definitely saying that he was glad that Daniel was alive, but I also take the term of endearment as a way of also congratulating him for finding his own way back...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                              "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                              a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I am in total agreement with you. I just loved Bra'tac's nickname for Jack; Human. I also enjoyed the way it annoyed Jack whenever Bra'tac called him by that name. Watching Bra'tac stand up to the Go'uld was amazing. There was a great deal of action in this episode, and that made it exciting to watch.
                                "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                                "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

Working...
                                X