Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Perhaps he has but it was not shown, just like other things such as jack revisiting the planet from a hundred days...
    Exactly, just because it hasn't been shown doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. Up until Enemy Mine I'm sure most people wouldn't have thought that Daniel had been keeping in contact with Chaka, but he had.

Comment

Great episode.

I just sad no more SG-1
      Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
      (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

I watched it and Tivo'd it and have watched it several times since then. Each time I get misty eyed. Yes, I'm a sap. Anyway - Here's my thoughts -

I will miss Stargate! I have all the DVD's and have enjoyed the show all these years - well written, well acted and very fun to watch. I know we have the direct to DVD's to look forward to but it isn't the same as seeing your favorite characters each week - on a Friday - after a misarable week of work or school!

I love the asgard and if they had to kill them off, I would have liked to see more sadness. Ya know? It just seemed like "Yah - the planet exploded, they are all dead..next??" I hope Loki is still out there doing his experiments and we can see them again. What about Hermiod?

The scene with Sam and Thor was very nice. "You have earned my respect and my friendship.."

I thought Daniel was pretty mean to Vala. It just didn't seem like him. And after he says all that to her, she just sits there and cries a little. That didn't seem like her.

The musical montages were great and the scenes where Sam plays the cello were haunting. She carried the guilt and burden for all those years and appeared to keep to herself, but I can't help but wonder - wouldn't she have hooked up with someone too? I mean - 50 years and there were some good looking guys there!!

I missed Jack. Nuff said.

The old age makeup was well done and the special effects were awesome! The ending where time reverses was really well done and the ending where they go through the gate was a nice hint that there will be more Stargate.

I could go on and on but this is already a long post.

I will miss StarGate on TV!! I hope the DVD sales are so great that another network pics it up.
        Atlantis Girl

Go to this link to help us keep the wraith on Atlantis - http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/

please sign the save Elizabeth petition to keep her on Atlantis to!
        http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savedrelizabethweir/

Comment

As far as Daniel's behavior towards Vala in the scene in his quarters, initially I too thought it was very mean and not very Daniel-like at all. Then I read Michael's TV Guide blog where he explained his thought process behind that scene, how Daniel really believed that Vala just didn't really care about him even a bit. That Daniel was acting out of a need to hurt before he was hurt himself and that when Vala started crying and actually showing some honest emotion he was shocked into lowering his emotional barriers. With that context I watched it again and it made a lot more sense to me.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

The Vancouver radio station we have on at work has 'Have you ever seen the rain' on the playlist since last Friday. I wonder if someone there is a fan.. or maybe I never really noticed it playing before...LOL!

As for Vala crying. I took it as her shock at Daniel's unexpected response when she finally dared to let down her barriers and finally admit to herself that she cared for Daniel and had treated him badly. She honestly wanted to make amends and his reaction was one of pent up frustration and this genuine approach on Vala's part was just another straw that finally broke the camel's back as far as he was concerned!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              I know it's your opinion, but the Ark of Truth story was already condensed into a movie from a whole season. Cutting that in half would've probably destroyed it altogether.
              They had 3 eps to waste on it. LONGER than the movie.

That being said: I'd rate Unending as better than at least 30 of the last 40 Stargate Command SG-1 eps. At least the story moved. (And I like CCR. )

suse
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                I wonder how much of that was her own doing in a way? She was so dedicated and focused on trying to find a way out of the mess they were all in. She put a lot of pressure on herself to fix things.

And Mr. Give Sam A Hard Time About The Time It's Taking didn't? Notice only Vala actually tried to help Sam. (A least that we saw.) Landry should have ripped 'Our Hero, Da Leader' a new one. He acted like a 10 year old. But then, no one ever calls Cam on anything.

Yeah, Sam's very much a work-a-holic and rather one-minded when she's trying to solve a problem. But really, I'm sure she wanted to get home too. And who else is going to come up with the solution? She did take time, learning to play the cello. And they had to keep in shape sometime.

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                  As far as Daniel's behavior towards Vala in the scene in his quarters, initially I too thought it was very mean and not very Daniel-like at all. Then I read Michael's TV Guide blog where he explained his thought process behind that scene, how Daniel really believed that Vala just didn't really care about him even a bit. That Daniel was acting out of a need to hurt before he was hurt himself and that when Vala started crying and actually showing some honest emotion he was shocked into lowering his emotional barriers. With that context I watched it again and it made a lot more sense to me.

This coming from the man I mean Shanks who sees Daniel as a "mini-RDA". Far be it from me to ascribe motivations.

suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Did any one notice that Daniel looked suspisciously like Machello in this ep?

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post

Wow! Seeing Amanda crying really hits home. I'm going to really miss SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by nccjones View Post
                        Wow! Seeing Amanda crying really hits home. I'm going to really miss SG1.

Me too! I've been missing SG-1 for the last 2 years!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                          Ya eh? Weird. WAIT! Maybe Machello is an old Daniel that went back in time!
                          (I just made that up and it sounds pretty stupid)
                          But ya, so weird!

But hey, wrinkle makeup is weird to make. Makes you look like an old alien (sorta)

Whatever!

Unending is still great. The best part: When they pass time with Mitchell running, Vala on roller skate, Chirstmas and of-course Mitchell trashing his room. All to the song "Have You Ever Seen The Rain?"

Sooo

Comment

I hope you guys realize that Machello was played by Michael Shanks in that episode.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              I hope you guys realize that Machello was played by Michael Shanks in that episode.
                              Thank you PG15 I thought something about that but I wasn't sure

Soo

Also whoever made that "SG1 tribute" video on youtube.com, very nice. Sorry I can't remember your name so tell me please. It was very very good.
                              Last edited by General David Niemi; 29 June 2007, 03:37 PM.

Comment

so i hated unending when i first saw it... now that ive wacthed it abt say 8-9 more times from itunes... i think its one of the best sg1 episodes ever.... such a fitting end for a great show... no big blast explosions (weve had many)... instead it was more sacrifice by the team that sacrifces the most (mostly by teal'c)... now id give it an 14.5 out of 10...
                                ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

Working...
                                X