Originally posted by Adria View Post
    the only part that made me cry was ...unending spoilers

Spoiler:
    carter and Thor's finally conversation
    DUDE! ME TOO!

Comment

Originally posted by theStormWeaver View Post
      DUDE! ME TOO!
      That was an awesome scene. Very well done throughout.

The ending scene made me tear up a little. It was the way I had always envisioned them ending the show, but still, when the time finally came, I wasn't ready for it.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I thought i was ready for it....but i was so sad during the entire show knowing it was coming to an end.....
        When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
        I miss you.
        Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

Comment

I'm with you. I had sad feelings throughout the show when I watched it last week. Like you I had been too busy and wanted to wait till I had time to savor the ending. Knowing that the movies were coming though made it feel less like a real ending. I will feel that at the end of the 2nd movie I am sure.

I would have liked them to have done the final ep as a 2 hour because all we get as a good bye is a commercial filled (more then usual it seemed!) 45 minutes or so. The episode was also missing what every episode has missed and thats RDA. Not much to do about that I guess.

Another great show says good bye. A whole decade has passed, and since the movie even longer then that. Hard to believe so much time has passed. In a way that adds to the sadness but hey we have well over 200 episodes, a major motion picture, 2 more movies coming and a spin off where I am sure we will see many of the SG1 cast as guests. So its a bittersweet goodbye but if you collect all the seasons you have hundreds of hours of stuff to watch

Comment

I cried at the end of the episode, but I cried even more later, after I'd let the reality of it sink in, you know, and the second time seeing it.

Also, I have to say, I don't think Daniel was being an ass in that one scene. I mean, if you think about all the times Vala had done stuff like that to him, and he really felt something for her at that point (not something that would have lasted under different circumstances, but still). I know he would never have blown up that way if he wasn't genuinely hurt by her seemingly totally superficial advances. I did feel bad for Vala there, but I felt bad for Daniel, as well, perhaps more so. Of course, I am rather biased. It isn't as though I believe Daniel is without fault. I'm just more inclined to be understanding when he does something that would make most others simply angry at him.

Comment

I have to admit - I shed a tear or two during the scene with Carter and Thor.

The whole episode was really emotional for me and was really torn while watching it. On the one hand I enjoyed the episode for what it was - a brilliant story and episode for the end of a wonderful show. On the other hand I was sad that it was over, the end of an era.

I've only seen the episode the once so far and don't want to watch it again until they come out on DVD at which time I know that I'll feel the same emotions all over again.

SG-1 will forever go down as my favourite show and I know that I won't have any problems rewatching all of the episodes for many year to come.
              "But I want to do community service, I want to teach the handicapped how to yodel"

Comment

I didn't cry...but would have if I had functioning tear glands.

I was sad to see this show end...it has also been my favorite show for a long, long time. I know a lot of fans were ready for it to end, but I wasn't ready. The writing was still good and the actors were still having a good time...it could have lasted longer. Oh well...looking forward to the movies (hopefully more than just the 2).
                sigpic
                FOX Network

Comment

I'll admit I shed a few tears, I grew up with stargate sg1 :/
                  To be snarky is to be awesome

Comment

I cried too...but not out of sorrow.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                      I cried too...but not out of sorrow.
                      Were you happy it ended?

Comment

Originally posted by Friesiangirl View Post
                        Were you happy it ended?
                        Yes--it slowly died for 2 years. It was the end of Cooper's failed experiment that was ALMOST named, Stargate Command.

Hopefully the movies will be back to being classic Stargate. *crossing fingers*
                        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Yeah... I'm excited to see the movies as well

Comment

Originally posted by 1DanielForMe View Post
                            I cried at the end of the episode, but I cried even more later, after I'd let the reality of it sink in, you know, and the second time seeing it.
                            I known about this since last year like we all have and it still gets to me. I know it wasn't the same without RDA and the storylines were stupid at times, but it was still SG1. I really thought that as season 10 went on that the show was getting better. The character interactions were finally starting to jive and they were starting to build a new adventure for us to see. Then just like that SCI-FI pulled the plug. To this day I am still disillusioned with the channel and only watch Stargate to support the cast and crew that for 10 years have brought us both to laughter,suspense, and tears. I am happy that SG1 will continue in some form, but it will never be enough. It will never be the same and that saddens me. I am not ashamed to admit that I was brought to tears during that last scene when it seemed that SG1 was not leaving to go off world but leaving a hole in the lives of so many fans around the world. I hope that MGM realizes this and produces a ton of SG1 movies.
                            sigpic
                            "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by spacecowboy000 View Post
                              I know it wasn't the same without RDA and the storylines were stupid at times, but it was still SG1.
                              Yeah, it wasn't the same, but there were bad storylines sometimes with RDA too...Citizen Joe?

Originally posted by spacecowboy000 View Post
                              I really thought that as season 10 went on that the show was getting better.
                              I noticed the same thing. The second half of season 10 was some of the best Stargate I'd seen in a while.
                              sigpic
                              FOX Network

Comment

Originally posted by Pepermint Jaffa View Post
                                Yeah, it wasn't the same, but there were bad storylines sometimes with RDA too...Citizen Joe?
                                Yeah, but at least with RDA it was funny.
                                sigpic
                                "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X