No announcement yet.

Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your right, and why did they have to take the ship to the Asgard home world, why couldnt the Asgard gated to the SGC and install their database there where it would be safe, or modified the Odyessy and the rest of the earth vessels

Comment

Originally posted by squeakypants View Post
      Good point about the fleet. It was kind of weak that they supposedly had all the technology of the Asgard on the one ship.

That entire episode was pretty horrible. I'm still in shock they ended it on such a bad note. "Have you ever seen the rain?" is going to haunt me every waking moment for the next 50 years.
      i loved the ep myself. and it's not like it's over yet.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by squeakypants View Post
        Good point about the fleet. It was kind of weak that they supposedly had all the technology of the Asgard on the one ship.

That entire episode was pretty horrible. I'm still in shock they ended it on such a bad note. "Have you ever seen the rain?" is going to haunt me every waking moment for the next 50 years.
        Yeah, that was kind of weird. Especially since the Earth ships aren't that big compared to other ships out there. Plus, didn't they have to take out a bunch of stuff to fit in all of that new technology? Does the Odyssey still have missiles or not? It would be wise to keep them incase the beam weapons get damaged in battles in the future, sure they don't really do much of anything but a mostly ineffective weapon is better than no weapon.

Totally! I never liked that song and now that it's in a Stargate ep, that really bothers me! I don't think I'm ever watching that episode again and if I do, I'm going to skip ahead of SG-1 suffering and becoming old parts as those depress me.

Vala,

Comment

This episode was better than I had been led to believe.

What I liked: Moments with Sam & Teal'c--how they really understand each other.

Sam's commitment to saving them--very in character.

Daniel studying the files right to the end.

Sam and Thor--I actually got a bit choked during their last conversation. How they all walked through the gate at the end--very appropriate ending, IMHO.

What I didn't like: the Asgard were too lightly sacrificed by TPTB for my taste, but then I've always been a Thor fan. At least we finally got to see him again.

Daniel's being so nasty to Vala and then suddenly they fall into bed. Bleh.

It took months? for anyone to try to help Sam? I know no one has her scientific expertise, but they just left her alone working on it for months on end?

Comment

easy way to buy some time....

well like in season 3 when the asguard said we have to deal with another enemy so we cant help you much with ur gould problem... give the ori that same problem.... if we really wanted to, couldnt we pull a crystal from the supergate or via some atlantis records or even through morgan or meirden b4 they exited gotten the location of the ori galaxy??.... then forward that info on to the wraith... have them fly over there and start feeding on their followers.... more than likely the ori would destroy the wraith and the wraith wouldnt tell them where they were from. pegasus is now free of wraith (and ori) and we've bought ourseleves some time to deal with the ori and bought atlantis some time to deal with the asurans.... but thats just my idea

also yes i do agree with now relating that song to sg1 just like i do with all along the watchtower to bsg
            ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
              You might have a point but Mitchell seems to be as good at science as Jack was.
              Also, Daniel was kind of busy reading the Asgard database.

Vala,
              he's better at that than anyone else so it makes sense he would read it and leave carter to the tech aspect, look in the quantum mirror(destroyed i know) in some universe out there, daniel saved them all with his research, instead of carter
              sigpic
              EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
              -Liberty Prime

Comment

I don't know if Mitchell really could have helped out because the whole time dilation thing was kind of off the wall anyways, but Stargate does dumb down pilots to make them look "cooler."

Aviation pilots are brilliant people and would have a grasp for those subjects mentioned.

Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Great Episode, I loved it, I think the whole Relashonship between Vala and Daniel was really cool, I also liked when they destroyed the Ori Ships that was cool. It was sad to see the Asgard die off though, *cry*
                  It takes a War to aquire Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                    You might have a point but Mitchell seems to be as good at science as Jack was.
                    Also, Daniel was kind of busy reading the Asgard database.

Vala,
                    Very true. The Mitchell and Jack comparison is right on. However, Mitchell was a little better at pretending to care about the science stuff than Jack ever was IMO.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                      That and they were busy doing other things. Daniel was busy being randomly shipped with Vala while Cam was, I don't know, lusting after Daniel.
                      Are you joking? There has been obvoious sexual tension between the two characters since Vala's first apearence. And if Daniel's reaction in the scene in Origin where she burns alive didn't make it obvious that there was smothing between the two, then the countless inuendos in Vala's other 28 episodes on the show did.

Perfecto!

Comment

-we see vala crying and daniel consoling her followed by mitchell going nuts tearing up his place... we assume they are related. however maybe they arent. daniel and vala didnt have a kid on that ship, which woulda made tealc not have to have made his sacrifice. maybe she couldnt and thats why she was crying. perhaps the ori left her unable to bear another child after adria... i mean that would be at least adria's 1/2 sister and posisble successor to the ori power on this plane should anything have happened to her. it coulda created problems for them in the future and perhaps that is why we see her crying and with no kid??
                        -your thoughts??
                        ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                          an Adria Amen to that! And thank you for reinforcing the "Hathor" scenes. When Vala went after Daniel's belt, all I could think of was - [b]deja vu!! OMG! it's *Hathor* all over again!!
                          Oh yes, how could I forget Adria in the list of women who have manipulated Daniel. I purposefully left out Ke'ra/Linea, but I guess you could include her.
                          The Hathor thing was a bit obvious to me because the way he pushes Vala back is just like the way he pushed Hathor away before she gave him another dose of the drug.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe Vala is anything like Hathor. I believe she really does care deeply for Daniel. But the way she expressed it was a bit disturbing, even though Vala had no way of realizing how her actions could be interpreted.

thank you for explaining what the OOC means.
                          You're welcome. Anything to help another poor soul who is confused by the plethora of acronyms on the internet. Do you have any idea how long it took me to figure out what UST meant? Actually, OOC took me a while too.
                          Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                          Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally Posted by brulz
                            They went a bit extreme with Daniel being a big insensitive jerk. Didn't really fit his character.

Why was Vala crying? I kinda thought she must have lost a baby or something.

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by suse
                            ETA: I thing the "Vala crying" comment was about a scene during the montage, not when Daniel blew up at her.
                            the two thoughts right next to each other made separating both a bit difficult.

So, to compensate and go with that *baby* thought in mind, I'll still have to rewatch the eps to grasp the actual order I'm mentioning below, so I can't say for sure, but--
                            if that's the segment being raised in question with Vala crying...

It was a scene that occurred AFTER Daniel and Vala finally kissed, and life was better for Vala - at that point in time, until Daniel cradled her and she was crying and couldn't stop or help herself.

I vaguely remember what else transpired around all that. Sam was trying to find a way out of everyone getting killed from the laser blast inching its way over. When Daniel wasn't with Vala or eating, he was absorbing the info on the Asgard database.

Landry was bothered about them all being stuck, but took it quietly.
                            Cam exercised but during this particular segment-
                            Sam managed to artifically create and materialize a cello.
                            Cam was in his room and started trashing it- threw everything around in a hot temper fit.

Somewhere in that whole segment, Vala was being cradled in Daniel's arms and was seen crying.

Actually, I didn't see it as her losing a baby, if they even tried, which I wouldn't have gone that route of bringing a child or children into that life, just to watch them die along with everyone else.. to me, that's folly thinking. Plus, I think the kids might rebel based on the circumstances. Another bad reason, IMHO, even if its just to populate the universe (and go no where) because of one's own personal voids / feelings.

and yeah, the baby factor did cross my imagination, but I felt the vibe was stronger from their fear of dying, and how each character reacted to that news from that point forward.
                            Agreed about the baby part. It was just a note that I thought the other poster might be refering to that crying bit, not the "Daniel rant" crying bit.
                            Originally Posted by suse
                            Just because I didn't psychoanalyse Daniel doesn't mean I don't get why he blew up. It still felt Out of Character. After 2 years spent not responding especially. He could have just walked out - angrily -after a sharp comment.

But he was cruel. Horribly cruel. OOC even. IMO. I never saw sexual tension there so don't see D/V anyway. <shrug>

okay, revisiting this only for a brief moment. No sexual tension??
                            1) first Vala tossed and turned in bed - signs of extreme *boredom* to pass the
                            "empty bed syndrome" moments.

2) Vala shows up in her "sexy nightee" at Daniel's quarters shortly after tossing and turning in bed. Daniel immediately closed the doors on her, leaving her standing in the hallway in her sexy nightee.

3) Fairly sure Vala made a comment directly to Daniel, asking him *IF* he liked girls... to which he replied "yes". All of these are sexual innuendos - so far (lessons from REAL life - heard from friends passing this sort of info on - and they've all confessed about it all being sex, sex, sex! -showing up in script form in this ep).

4) and if this next detail wasn't obvious - don't know what else could be, short of Vala ripping Daniel's pants off next.
                            VALA casually walked up to Daniel and proceeded to begin pulling Daniel's BELT off his pants, to which he immediately put a stop to *that* and I think said quietly at first.. "Stop it!" .. when that wasn't strong enough, he said it louder.

When Vala made a (sexually instigating type of) comment to Daniel, that's when Daniel went on his further little rant and got more outraged about losing Sha're and how much he did not think he and Vala were "right" for each other...
                            Vala being sexually aggressive does not equal sexual tension to me. It takes two to tango.
                            If Daniel sounded cruel - he was trying to get his point across
                            first gently, which didn't sink into Vala's brain; or else she was strongly ignoring his (subtle) warnings..
                            then forcefully and obviously angry.. to which Vala began crying.

As has been mentioned in numerous places elsewhere, Daniel was not OOC in this situation. People need to take in the whole of his experiences from the original Stargate movie (as has been noted), into Season 1 all the way up to now to get the jist of the entire picture. I've read before how some people don't like seeing romance in any of the Stargate eps, but it's there.

And based on Daniel's super nice personality during most times, he does have his moments where he just cannot and will not tolerate being overly manipulated. Vala over manipulated him. It's all been discussed why that is different from Daniel's other "female" *kissing* (etc) encounters.

,snip>
                            As has been mentioned numerous times Daniel acted OOC. You opinion that he is not does not make it fact. If I feel he acted OOC he acted OOC to me (and others also, as had been mentioned.) I can see lashing out. I can't see the extent he took it. Hence, OOC.

I'm not quite sure where you are going with Daniel's 'other "female" *kissing" encounters' and frankly I don't really care. I'd agree that Vala is a manipulator though. That isn't news to me. Or Daniel.

I can see romance (or the potential for romance) in some character interactions. I've seen Sam/Teal'c and Muscles/Vala. Sam/Jack has been played with a few too many times. I still like the idea, the actors make magic on screen. Too bad I don't think it would work. Too much baggage.) Some even see Jack/Daniel I just don't see Daniel and Vala. At least not til he kissed her. You reading into it does not mean it's there for me. Again, sexual aggression does not equal tension. It equals harrassment if the other person does not reciprocate. Which Daniel hasn't for *2* years. Hence (for me) no tension.

Note: You'd think I don't like Vala. I do (now) It look over a year but she really grew on me over the last 10 eps.

suse
                            Last edited by suse; 24 June 2007, 08:50 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Actually, I didn't see it as her losing a baby, if they even tried, which I wouldn't have gone that route of bringing a child or children into that life, just to watch them die along with everyone else.. to me, that's folly thinking. Plus, I think the kids might rebel based on the circumstances. Another bad reason, IMHO, even if its just to populate the universe (and go no where) because of one's own personal voids / feelings.
                              When I was watching the episode I thought "man they are acting like they had just lost a pregnancy or something". Their demeanor in the scene fell in line with what I have seen in other television and movies when such a traumatic even occurs.
                              Last edited by brulz; 24 June 2007, 08:51 PM.

Comment

I truly cannot understand how so many viewers bought into the final episode. In my opinion this was the worst finale I have ever seen. There was so much potential for a final episode for this series and they blew it by turning the show into a soap. I fail to see the appeal of watching what the characters did for 50 years while stranded on a ship, we have seen similar storylines on this series. This has been a major let down for me. They could have went with a number of interesting, dynamic themes - epic battle with the ori, return of Vala's daughter, seeing Jack one more time, a battle on Earth for once (without being in a parallel universe), the ancients stepping in and the list goes on. But instead we are left with an entirely unoriginal waste of time. Lets be honest here, the freezing of time/going back in time has been used and abused in this series - there was even a two part finale in the past seasons involving this theme. Why was this brought up again??? Althought the acting was superb, the storyline gave me the impression that the writers were rushed as if they procrastinated and found themselves craming material at the last minute. The storyline was random, disorganized and just not in line with what SG-1 has been all these years

I expected the series to end with a bang (creative or literal), but IMO it ended in a whimper.

Comment

Working...
                                X