No announcement yet.

Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't, there are a million and one reasons why she could be crying.

Comment

All I will say is, is this; "The United States of Tauri". lol.

Look in the news, who says whats wrong with what-ever country? Not the UN, it's who-ever is the President of America.
      http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

Spoiler:
        Creedence Clearwater Revival - Have you ever seen the rain?

C'mon! it can't be the end.
        School is overrated.

Comment

Talking about dis-satisfaction, SG1 Continuim? What a crap story (IMO, so far)! If Teal'c & Vala are by Baal's side, and Earth hasn't discovered the Stargate yet etc... Then how come the remaining characters are knowlodgeable about the programe etc....?

I know it's early days for the spoilers to come out, but, COME ON!!!!! surly the writers can do better than that? to me it sounds like Moebius (sp) again, now I liked that 2-parter, but this looks like a complete hash-up of a story.
          http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

Originally posted by Truskawka View Post
            Nope. The scene with Vala crying in Daniel's arms took place when they still were young. Landry died much later. I've rewatched the episode today just to make sure about it. I think a miscarriage is very probable explanation.

I'm more inclined to believe that Vala was crying because her little pink nightie was threadbare and she couldn't replicate an exact duplicate.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              I don't, there are a million and one reasons why she could be crying.
              Yeah. She was crying because she was stuck on a ship for nearly forever. The same reason Cam trashed his room.

Cam and Vala needed to be up and active and doing something to get themselves out of the creek they were all up, and they couldn't, because only Sam could work out the bulk of the solution. Psychologically, that's where they were, because that's the type of people they are. That's why Cam hassled Landry (again) about using the F-302s. That's why Vala went to Sam and tried to help in the lab. They more than the others need to feel like they're doing something, and for the most part they were powerless to help.

Cam trashed his room, Vala cried.

I might have done both in the circumstances
              scarimor

Comment

Awefull Episode...

This is what ruined it for me.

No1. Dumb Plot Line, If the Ori can detect the Asgard Computer Core why havent they already been to Asgard HomeWorld? Sureley they would have launched a massive attack on them as their main competition in the dispute for the galaxy.

No2. If the Asgard Modifications allow for a time dilation field, as well as The capability to reverse time, surely it would have been a good idea for the asgard to use that technology for there own purposes, granting them more time to come up with a solution to their physical Problem, and to undo there mistake which resulted in a disease accelerating their death. By Creating a Time Dilation Field, and then reversing Time and shielding all the progress they have made in the time they have left in a computer memory storage device?

No3. Why didnt the Asgard Fit out more Ships than just the odessey, with there technology?

Comment

Originally posted by Jafox View Post
                  Awefull Episode...

This is what ruined it for me.

No1. Dumb Plot Line, If the Ori can detect the Asgard Computer Core why havent they already been to Asgard HomeWorld? Sureley they would have launched a massive attack on them as their main competition in the dispute for the galaxy.
                  The team theorized that the modifications (i.e. interaction of Asgard/Human tech) might be the problem. And even that wasn't confirmed.

No2. If the Asgard Modifications allow for a time dilation field, as well as The capability to reverse time, surely it would have been a good idea for the asgard to use that technology for there own purposes, granting them more time to come up with a solution to their physical Problem, and to undo there mistake which resulted in a disease accelerating their death.
                  Er... because time is the thing the Asgard can't use. They've got a degenerative disease. They're dying. Stick some Asgard in a field to work on the problem, and they'll just die.

No3. Why didnt the Asgard Fit out more Ships than just the odessey, with there technology?
                  Because they didn't have time, what with dying and all?

Remember that Thor said they had little time left to do the work.
                  scarimor

Comment

The team theorized that the modifications (i.e. interaction of Asgard/Human tech) might be the problem. And even that wasn't confirmed.
                    I completely agree with theorized.Sam was playing with tech light years beyond her and she did not comprehend the readings she had from the Hyper drive, therefore, she blame those to be causing the ORI hunt. I doubt the Asgard would give them something unfinished and rushed that would jeopardise their legacy. Adria was crossed of what happened with her campaign and she wants sweet lill revenge. This is how i view the whole "hype drive yields some strange readings"

Er... because time is the thing the Asgard can't use. They've got a degenerative disease. They're dying. Stick some Asgard in a field to work on the problem, and they'll just die.

Once again, we think alike. They went out in style making the most they could. They preferred to spend their last moments on something they were famous for and on something we could use to take their place and make sure they will not be forgotten.

We were spoiled but not that spoiled. They put the foundation brick to our fleet and that is all we need. We need to learn much more before we can have our own fleet and that would be a story killer for SGA.

Comment

this ep kind of reminds me of the episode where o'nel and tealc are stuck in that time loop hole.

hmmm not a bad ep do. but i do find it a really really really odd final.

so we inherit the asgards teck and knowlege. hmmm i was kind of hoping they would do the same as the ancients instead of finding a cure or the whole reproducing system. that they would restart theire whole new asgard breed( creating a second evolution).

in a bit more primative way then the ancients ofc

still was hoping for a comic situation in sga with ronan and an asgard.

the whole goodbye was to short. felt rushed. they should have extended the ep like in season 9 threats.

oooh well they must now build a hybrid ship called thor

and a new fighter called hammer! (seeing mitchel say can't touch me )
                      Eagles On Pogo sticks

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                        Yeah, but the neutrino ion generators have a power output almost the same of a ZPM.

Vala,
                        rubbish...just because they both supply enough power to fully power asgard tech doesn't mean they are equal. Z.P.M's are obviously superior i doubt an asgard neutrino generator could sustain a shield for days against a Wraith fleet
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

My thought on this:

Revealing the existance of the Stargate would be very different at this point.

If all the Asgard tech comes with decent holographic help files then it is possible that this will usher in the 2010-like new era for Earth but without the Aschen and the baggage that comes with them

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                            if every country were to biuld ships (in the IOA) then its most likely the secret of spaceships will come out and then the stargate causing mass panic and robbery

but if the US gave naquada generators or jaffa staff weapons to the other countries that would shut them uo for a bit
                            So long as the other countries agree to take the same steps the U.S. does to build their ships in secret (something that could be part of the agreement for them to get the specs and needed supplies to start them off) I don't see how there's any more of a risk than if they gave them staff weapons which can be smuggled out and shown to the public (if you're not going to trust them to pick their contractors properly, then you certainly can't trust them to keep small objects secret). After all, they're space ships and once completed they will spent almost all of their time in space.

Anyway, I don't know about every country in the IOA building ships, but certainly the main players with the bulk of the world's military resources should be given the option to spend their money on such programs. That way there are 4-5 extra ships produced a year, everyone is happy for the time being, and Earth is defended.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                              I don't think the Asgard would have won. Maybe with increased numbers against one ship they could have did some serious damage, but Asgard ships are lacking one important key item that the Odyssey has, a ZPM.

The Odyssey was powered by a ZPM as well as an Asgard device so it could have easily been the ZPMs power increase that allowed them to defeat several Orii ships so easily.

It would have been interesting to see how a ZPM enhanced O'Neill class would have turned out, that could probably take on the whole Orii fleet single handed.
                              Good point here. Green for you. Just as the ZPM enhances the shields, I guess its bound to up the anty on any energy weapons too huh?

Although, the Asgard have to have some kind of super power source as well. Neutrino Ion Generators anyone?
                              You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Originally posted by Nee View Post
                                if anyone wants to know the name of the song in the episode its called "Credence Clearwater Revival - Have You Ever Seen The Rain"

perfect song to end SG-1 with.
                                i like the Rod Stewart version better

the offical stargate song.
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X