Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
    So you think that Majorsal doesn't like any episodes that have Daniel and Vala in them? I don't enjoy Sam, but I still found this to be a wonderful episode even though she was in it as much as the rest of the team.
    I'll let Majorsal speak for herself, but will stick with my impression that she won't find this to be a wonderful episode as you assume she will, once she sees it.

Speaking for myself as a non-shipper of any characters, I found the Vaniel stuff to be far far more overt and yucky than anything they've ever done with Jack and Sam. I get the idea of aliens not knowing earth customs/culture and being a bit out of place, but I don't understand the writer's mentality of making Vala equal parts little girl and vixen. The scene where she skipped out of the room and talked (or rather whined) to Daniel after he said it wasn't his birthday, really made me cringe. She was bored – and behaving as a spoiled little child. Vala is far more tolerable for me when she's not around Daniel so much.

Vaniel notwithstanding, offing Thor and the Asgard, the horrible makeup/aging on the characters, having Landry onboard, not having Thor at least mention Jack, would prevent me from saying this was a wonderful episode for the series finale.

I don't enjoy Sam, but I still found this to be a wonderful episode even though she was in it as much as the rest of the team.
    Good to hear the rhetoric has changed.

Comment

It's a good thing Carter always keeps an extra cello on board.

Comment

I was wondering what you guys think will happen, though through Atlantis or the movies, that since the US gained sole access to Asgard tech and knowledge. The Odyssey is US Air Force and not affected by the IOA, so what do you all think the result of this will be?

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
          I was wondering what you guys think will happen, though through Atlantis or the movies, that since the US gained sole access to Asgard tech and knowledge. The Odyssey is US Air Force and not affected by the IOA, so what do you all think the result of this will be?
          The United states as a whole just gained a million plus years of knowledge.

i think there a little pissed.
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPower View Post
            It's a good thing Carter always keeps an extra cello on board.
            she made it with the matter replicating thing.

Comment

Guess this explains why Cassandra was teh shizznet in the future shown in 1969. Also explains why the stargate was packed away like old china wear.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                Guess this explains why Cassandra was teh shizznet in the future shown in 1969. Also explains why the stargate was packed away like old china wear.
                explain....you mean gaining the asgard knowledge??

Comment

Well for the time being they are going to be too busy using the Odyssey to fight the Ori, so I don't think there will be much time for anyone to study it. However, when they do it would be smart of them to use Earth's best minds to help as they have a long way to go to even begin scratching the surface.

In a way though I'm hoping the U.S. will stay true to it's current approach as it makes it more likely that they'd be willing to give lesser technology to other countries. I'd very much like to see 304s from various countries running around and I seriously think they need to start now in order to build a proper fleet for defense. Even without the new technology a fleet can protect from Goa'uld/Wraith attacks as well as go out into the Pegasus galaxy in force. Meanwhile, the U.S. will always have the best tech to outdo them with, so they won't have to worry about losing their edge. The other countries would just be happy to have the capability to build their own ships and they're already used to worrying about the U.S. having far superior tech so it won't change much. Plus if the U.S. decides to change their minds after they learn how to copy some of that stuff to other ships, those features can also be adapted to the ships other countries have at a later date. I suspect that the Ori will figure out a way to modify their shields to make those Asgard weapons less effective so in the future they may very well need a fleet if they want to combat Ori ships.

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
                    Good question. The Asgard did have the right to give their technology to whoever they chose, but I can't see the IOA being thrilled that the US got it.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

if every country were to biuld ships (in the IOA) then its most likely the secret of spaceships will come out and then the stargate causing mass panic and robbery

but if the US gave naquada generators or jaffa staff weapons to the other countries that would shut them uo for a bit
                      sigpic

Comment

if anyone wants to know the name of the song in the episode its called "Credence Clearwater Revival - Have You Ever Seen The Rain"

perfect song to end SG-1 with.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                          Good question. The Asgard did have the right to give their technology to whoever they chose, but I can't see the IOA being thrilled that the US got it.
                          But they didn't give it to the US. They gave it to Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                            Yeah, that was my impression to...until I noticed the scenes with Landry after. I think she was cry because Landry was dying.
                            Nope. The scene with Vala crying in Daniel's arms took place when they still were young. Landry died much later. I've rewatched the episode today just to make sure about it. I think a miscarriage is very probable explanation.
                            Last edited by Truskawka; 15 March 2007, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I doubt anything will change.

Comment

I dont't really care what their actions would be because i find those episodes so boring i want to commit suicide. One thing, if Hammond needed Thor to convince the other nations that SGC led by him was more than capable to take care of off world missions, what will happen now and who will come in the SGC's aid? We have greed in our DNA and i hope Joe skips these episodes, they simply show how sad and "young" we are....

Comment

Working...
                                X