Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    There are at least 5-10 new thread about the Asgard.

Spoiler:
    and prolly twice that many saying there are 5-10 threads on the same thing. to me this is the biggest thing to hit SG-1 a major ally is gone....deserves some major discussion

Comment

I think i'm going to cry lol IT'S FINISHED AGHHHH

Comment

Originally posted by Gelasius View Post
        Spoiler:
        and prolly twice that many saying there are 5-10 threads on the same thing. to me this is the biggest thing to hit SG-1 a major ally is gone....deserves some major discussion
        sigpic

Comment

I have to say I don't like Sam much either but her acting while she aged was GREAT!! At 20 years the were all roughly 60-they looked way to old except for Sam, but at 50 years they were about 90 years old-I thought the make-up looked better. I mean come on--RDA is pushing 60 and he looks GREAT!! Why diid these people look like they were already 80?

Comment

i just watched the ep.. i won't read all the posts, so forgive me, if this was said already.. but i need to get this out of my system...

wow.. that ep was like a soap opera... daniel shouting at vala (which was really SO out of character for daniel), telling her how he will NEVER be together with her and a second later he kisses her, because she shed a few tears? and they happily lived ever after? oh come on, gimme a break here.
            they are just an awkward pair... of course the storylines forced it to be daniel and vala, but she would have been better paired with cameron from the start.

killing off the asgard... WHAT?? don't show them for like ages and then.. oh yes.. they have a problem.. right, i remember.. oh heck.. i don't know how to solve it so let's do, what seems to be the solution to everything in the stargate world now.. lets kill them all. great thinking.. wow, again a well written (sorry i have to say it) crap. i just can't believe this.
            oh and then having 50 to 60 years but not a single second like "oh my god, they really did it, they blew theirselves of the face of this galaxy". not a single sign, they cared. are our heroes just emotionless, but walking crashtestdummies?

and it makes no sense to me at all, that the ori could find them because of the new asgard technology. well.. the ASGARD used their own technology as well and the ori didn't show up on their doorstep every two seconds. so why now? why suddenly because the technology is on the odyssey?! that makes no sense at all. but again, if they would have said it's adria, our new ascended being, who tells her troops where to go and in fact probably beam them there (because there's just no way in hell the ori ships can be everywhere in the galaxy and arrive just seconds after the odyssey drops out of hyperspace). well if they would have come to that conclusion then it wouldn't help to remove the asgard tech again. and our heroes would be stuck jumping through hyperspace like little bunnies.. wouldn't they. very hard to make movies with that backstory. but at least adria as the reason for the sudden ori interest in asgard technology would make sense.

oh, and is it just me, or did they use the same shot for that energy beam coming closer twice?

hm.. what else.. ok, the good parts.

i loved daniel's answer to vala's question how they always knew which asgard they're talking to. "the voice" was the perfect answer, i just had thought that seconds ago. and with michael doing thors voice, it was just a great line.

showing a little private stuff of the group, sam learning to play cello, christmas, having dinner together. that was all kind of nice.

the mentioning of the fifth race, daniel in the hologram room which was sort of the room in "torment of tantalus" it rounded everything up nicely. to have that connection to the first season the start of exploring the stargate world.

i liked the last scene in the gateroom, walter got is last scene as well, and it showed that sg1 will continue doing what they do best, walk through the gate and save the world. but when they walked up the ramp the full force of realisation hit me.. this would be the last time. no more new episodes. my one favorite tv-show had come to an end.. just yesterday i thought, i wouldn't miss it that much.. well, i guess i was wrong, because the tears started to roll...

so all in all: it was a nice episode, not by far one of the best, and not by far worthy to be the last. i would have expected much more action, fighting the ori side my side with the asgard (i still can't believe that they're gone! what a meaningless slaughter). later on it was too much of a soap opera for me, nothing really happened.
            moebius 1+2 was a much better ending for the show (but as we all know it wasn't really the ending

fortunately we know there are two movies coming, otherwise i would be much more dissapointed, because the ori are still in our galaxy and they won't give up and why should we expect adria to give up, now that she's ascended and all powerful???

very sad, that the show must come to an end. i would have liked to see it going on and on for more years to come.

but i will stop my rant now

life is too short, and.. indeed...
            Last edited by phibi; 15 March 2007, 04:00 PM.

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
            Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
              Well, you know what, I think that as the series is now over personal likes or dislikes of characters is really a moot point.
              Not for me. I don't like Vaniel, never have, never will and it won't be a moot point if that "entity" showcases the two DVD movies.

Comment

Wasn't the Asgard ship in Camalot a Daniel Jackson? And as for the lighting...that blue when they were under attack sure was strange.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn
                  Yes and? Because the show ended, they had to kill all Asgards?
                  Sorry, I can't even begin seeing how both are even remotely related.

Of course, while we're at it, nobody among SG-1 thought of downloading their brain into a crystal or whatever, and let Teal'c transport it back in the past. Especially's Carter's. 50 years studying asgard tech. Priceless you would say, and clearly worth one of those convenient plot devices.

[...]

But now, weepee! We're the 5th race. Only a fraction of the planet knows that there are aliens out there, and the fleet is controlled by only a few countries and solely used within military overseeing. Millions of people are still living in unacceptable conditions, subject to very low levels of hygiene, don't have access to a decent education, can't be healed properly, are menaced by wars, genocides, crimes and other sorts of violence everyday, and sometimes we're two hairs away from mutually nuking our asses off.

Hail Thor! For all his objectivity, logic, responsability and consciousness!
                  heyyy ! I agree fully

not even kill the asgard, more like cancelled them out (duh). there's no point in even bringing up such a an important element as the asgard race to the storyline if you're gonna cap it with nothing more a downright senseless demise

because yes for one thing the asgards' death was a completely idiotic one. they didn't even go off fighting (ori or whatever) but died because of some stupid disease. they could've uploaded their consciousnesses (or their memories, whatever) into those nifty computers pending a cure, as one of them did several seasons ago, or sifted through the ancient database & come up with a cure for the plague, or hey why not have them simply solve their biological problem on their own, surely a race advanced & clever enough to match ancient-level military tech would be able to come up with an answer to their problem the good ole fashion way ? but nooo the writers had to blow 'em up. yeah way to blow up the storyline u sick ****ers

my other gripe being...giving all that ultra-advanced tech - especially the weapons tech...to the tauri. they could've given it to some other more civilized & more advanced race - a race which would know how to grasp & handle this tech & above all make better use of it - such as, I dunno, the tokra for example ? instead they opted for the humans, yo ! now mankind can destroy itself without the ori's help. heck maybe that's what they're planning for the movie - I almost hope so, in a way - at least it would have the merit of bearing a modicum of consistency : story begins a few years after the events in unending, the solar system now has 8 planets and there's a huge cloud of dust where a 9th planet was. movie title : stardust
                  as for what comes next let the writers figure it out, they made this mess in the first place

/rant

now, despite all this...I still enjoyed the ep. go figure

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    Highly pissed off "ascended woman".
                    obviously she's "highly" pissed if she's ascended :|

Comment

Somehow, I have a feeling that at least some (if not all) of the Ori survived the events at the end of 'The Shroud'. Before S10 aired, Mallozzi himself stated that the solution to the Ori problem (aka the Sangraal) wouldn't be all that simple.

Either that or I'm really clutching at straws here since I'm still pretty convinced that there's no way they'll be able to resolve the entire Ori storyline in Ark of Truth (perhaps just a part of the cliffhanger from 'Dominion', but not the entire arc) , since it'd just feel waayy too rushed IMO even if they pull off some uber deus ex machina considering how much more formidable these jokers (and their worshippers) are compared to the like of the Goa'uld, Wraith and the Replicators (both varieties).

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                        Wasn't the Asgard ship in Camalot a Daniel Jackson? And as for the lighting...that blue when they were under attack sure was strange.
                        no, TPBT admitted that there put the wrong ship in the eposode.
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
                          I was wondering what you guys think will happen, though through Atlantis or the movies, that since the US gained sole access to Asgard tech and knowledge. The Odyssey is US Air Force and not affected by the IOA, so what do you all think the result of this will be?
                          Nothing, because if they wanted it to be realistic. They'd never let them know about it!

All they had to inform the IOA was that the Asgard are having problems, they were going to set up a meeting but the Ori got in & there was no time for anything. They don't even need to tell them they are all gone!

I dont't really care what their actions would be because i find those episodes so boring i want to commit suicide. One thing, if Hammond needed Thor to convince the other nations that SGC led by him was more than capable to take care of off world missions, what will happen now and who will come in the SGC's aid? We have greed in our DNA and i hope Joe skips these episodes, they simply show how sad and "young" we are....
                          They have holographic tech, so if needed they could use a virtual Asgard like Carter done in 'Covenant', where she could play the role & the hologram will mimic her actions. That would probably be well good enogh to fool them.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                            Well, you know what, I think that as the series is now over personal likes or dislikes of characters is really a moot point.

This episode marks the end of Stargate SG1. Yes, I know there will be the movies, but they are going straight to dvd and really arn't the same thing. Stargate, the TV show, ended with this episode. Any and all resolutions that tptb were prepared to give were provided.

I found all of the team members to be good in this episode, even Sam. She wasn't perfect, she didn't have all of the answers, she needed help from Vala and from Mitchell to provide the solution to thier problem. She needed Daniel for moral support and to show her that even if she had given up, he hadn't. Daniel helped her get back to trying to work things out. She needed Teal'c for a shoulder to cry on and I think a whole lot more. I found myself actually liking this Sam, she seemed human and real, much like early seasons Sam before they turned her into supersam.

This was a very nice way to end the show, the whole team stepping through the 'gate to continue thier adventures.

I think we should all be grateful for the last ten, mostly, wonderful years.
                            Agreed. Regardless of the fact that there will be movies Sg-1 as far as the TV series is over. I found everything about this episode done very well. I can't find one thing that was bad about this ep. It was perfect IMO, and a perfect way to end the series. I think the last 10 years have been and wonderfull, every last minute of it I will truly miss it. Bring on the movies!
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I just thought of something... instead of upgrading Oddyssey, why didn't the Asgard simply build a ship from scratch, call it Legacy, and then drop it in Earth orbit?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                                I just thought of something... instead of upgrading Oddyssey, why didn't the Asgard simply build a ship from scratch, call it Legacy, and then drop it in Earth orbit?
                                cause the way it was done was more dramatic
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X