No announcement yet.

Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they ruined that episode no denying it, who kills the Asgard plus makes Teal'c 50 years older, the writers have lost their ways.........or its a plan for the movies WHICH I DOUBT
    I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Hello.. i just finished watching Stargate SG-1 and omg... i cried!!

But im still confused so (please dont hurt me for this question)

Are the Asgard dead.... like all, even the ones in Atlantis?
      And if the asgard are all dead, we can use the technology to our advantage now? like without the asgard on the daedalus always telling us not use beam nukes on the wraith ship?

Comment

it didn't make sense killing off the asgard. It would have been better if they also ascended (maybe with the help of the ascended ancients).

Giving their tech to the tauri makes the tauri way *too* powerful.. We already have ancient tech (atlantis, ancient database and etc).

Comment

Originally posted by ohnd View Post
          Hello.. i just finished watching Stargate SG-1 and omg... i cried!!

But im still confused so (please dont hurt me for this question)

Are the Asgard dead.... like all, even the ones in Atlantis?
          And if the asgard are all dead, we can use the technology to our advantage now? like without the asgard on the daedalus always telling us not use beam nukes on the wraith ship?
          Spoiler:
          The Asgard are all dead. Hermiod did not appear in SGA for quite some time and I guess TPTB prepared the audience for this. Concerning the technology, yeah we can do what we please but bear in mind Thor told SAM they are the last hope and the 5th race. This implies they need to act like a race worthy to have all that technology. From what I saw in the past, they will definitely abuse the technology and show that the NOX were right, 'we are too young'. On the other hand, i do not think they will demise the Asgard more. They trusted us with their legacy and if we screwed it up they will lose credibility and fans. If they abuse their power i will NEVER watch a stargate episode again

Comment

Originally posted by coolove View Post
            I really don't know but there's some speculation on LJ that perhaps Vala had a miscarriage... a little far fetched I think.
            Yeah, that was my impression to...until I noticed the scenes with Landry after. I think she was cry because Landry was dying.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              Excuse me, how is it unique? Jack remembered what he did in Window of Opportunity - with Sam.
              Well, that's true, but you can't compare dressing up as a banana and stealing a sneaky snog with a subordinate to fifty or sixty years of life together.
              sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Well, I bet they were inspired but it's not the same. And besides, All Good Things never had me on the verge of tears and I've been watching Trek all my life.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

everything has been said here

I have to admit that it was much better than the Deconstruction of fallen stars from Babylon 5 which was also about time travel
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    now 'that' makes me actually want to watch this ep. (it sounds depressing as heck)

sally
                    Oh no, it wasn't depressing at all, quite the opposite. It was a wonderful episode, as I am sure you will find when you do get to watch it. I can't believe that you have to wait so long, it's just cruel.

This was a fitting end to the show, a real team episode. It was great to finally see Daniel and Vala get some resolution, I am not a shipper but it was nice to see the D/V fans get that after all this time. And how!!!

Mitchell was amazing and he came up with the way to save them all in the end. Ultimately it was Teal'c who was the real hero giving up those fifty/sixty years of his life for the rest of the team...wonderful stuff.

Landry held them all together at first and the scene of his passing with Sam holding his hand was very moving, as was the Teal'c/ Sam hug. Those two are so close, I could really see them getting togehter during thier time on the ship and was a little dissapointed not to see it on screen. I always thought they would make a lovely couple.

The last scene was just so good, the team going through the gate on just another mission.

This really was a fantastic end to the show. 10/10.
                    sigpic

Comment

The Ori can't use their ascended powers in the Milky Way, and presumably Pegasus, because the Ancients won't let them. The Asgards are not in the Milky Way or the Pegasus.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                        Because she realised she'd just had sex with Daniel.
                        No, she just realised she'd been drinking from Sam's cup at dinner!
                        sigpic

Comment

I haven't posted here for ages, but it's fitting that I start again now.

This episode wasn't about leaving a cliff-hanger for the movie, or action packed adventure. It was about giving the characters a send off that they deserved. I thought they did it in a way that allowed the characters to go through their journey in their own way.

Vala naturally needed someone to lean on for this time, as she has found herself to be vulnerable in really, truly tough situations. Daniel allowed himself to be that person to lean on, and in the meantime soaked up everything he wanted to know about the Azgard to keep him going. Mitchell kept fighting, literally, and Teal'c was always happy to be his opponent. Landry I’ve never liked but he was well written for the episode.

And Sam, she was the saddest to watch. Watching her try and fail so many times wasn't natural, but seeing her keeping on trying was. Even when she said she'd given up I knew her mind was always ticking away, and she found a way as she always does.

I'm sad that it's the end, but I watched "Children of the Gods" just before I watched this and to see how far it's come....well it really is amazing. They've continuously pushed the boundaries of Science Fiction TV, and have taken us on one hell of a ride. SG1 will always be my favourite show of all time, nothing will change that. And so now I wait for the new beginning of SG1 the movies....TV will never be the same again.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                            Yeah, that was my impression to...until I noticed the scenes with Landry after. I think she was cry because Landry was dying.
                            She was crying waaaay before landry was dying, Vala and Daniel were still young. That was my impression to, that she had a miscarriage.

Comment

Because that thread supposedly was a rant thread, well, I think, I'll reroute my reply, previously planned to be posted in that Asgard thread, now here.

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                              They are a dying race, fine.

Thor was dying when, in late season 4 or 5, he came to Earth with a replicator-infested ship. He was still able to help us until the last moment, when he was critically ill and unable to speak. It is in his nature to help us until the very last moment of his life.

But to now cut that short in mass suicide makes absolutely no sense.

They could have lived on. I'm not saying giving everyone an o'niell-class warship. I'm saying being the aging teachers that stay around and advise us until they die. That would be truly passing on their legacy, instead of a cheap writer's cop-out. It's likely that sam didn't have to take so long if Thor had been there to work with her.
                              I also agree with your previous post.

And what's that non sense about making the planet go boom?

The Asgards have demonstrated the ability to muster enough power to destroy ori ships. Yep, for bizarre reasons, they utterly failed to do so in Camelot, yet, they have been maintaining time dilation fields over a light year radius for an insane amount of time, with ratios just as high as the one in Unending, while doing so a couple of seconds in that last episode already depleted a ZPM.

Then they crush suns into black holes and else.

All logic considered, those two ori crusaders were not a menace to Orilla in the slightest.

Besides, yes, where are those damn ships. We didn't even see one! We could still dismantle it. Why not bring all their stuff via FTL and drop it on Earth instead of that convulated plot about cramming all they got on the Odyssey? Again, what's that stupid rush about how they only had a couple of hours to give us all they had?

Well, it's just as retarded as asking us to believe that all the replicators were destroyed by the dakara device, which probability and observation of facts would have told us that it was literally impossible. Not impossible as a hard task that only heroes can achieve. Impossible as simply impossible.

What bothers me the most is that the undedog status is literally gone. We know possess time dilation tech with a possibility of time travel.

Above all, the last episode of SG-1 was resolved with a double deux ex, lots of technobabble, and lacked RSA... which is a funny thing for me to say because I'm not a devout fan who cries and screams if the actors misses an ep or whatever.
                              I simply consider that for all the cameos he's been doing, Unending was THE episode he should have been in.

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                              They already have that sample. That's what Heimdall was studying.
                              They had more than a sample. They had a full body kept in stasis. Tell me that with Atlantis' biogenetic tech, the asgard replitech and whatever else, they couldn't even come with some retrovirus genobabble or whatever...

That's just so cheap. Apparently, it's just so easy to rewrite Wraith DNA with a virus that even removes tatoos, but it's a pain in the butt to incorporate asgard DNA into... asgard DNA.

It's not even the problem of the disease. A couple of fans here don't understand that this very "disease" argument was brought in Unending. We're disputing this very addition to the canon lore.
                              Before that episode, there was no damn disease at all. How could there has been one?

Or, bad luck. The Asgard in that statis pod had a disease that the Asgards couldn't identify nor isolate. Isn't that again some far fetched cop out?
                              So, wait, the Asgards were dumb enough not to make any test, so they grabbed some sample from that taller grey, inoculated themselves with it, all of them of course, otherwise it wouldn't be funny, and a few years later, oh my god, they're dying.
                              Bravo. Clap clap.
                              Yes, a (convenient) grave mistake.
                              I'll tell you. The Asgards' brains were already dead years ago.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              Do you realise how long they had to come up with that? They had the ending planned out differently, but by time they found out that SG-1 was being cancelled there was only 3 episdoe left to shoot, I think they did pretty well considering...
                              Yes and? Because the show ended, they had to kill all Asgards?
                              Sorry, I can't even begin seeing how both are even remotely related.

It's just like saying, hey, the show's ending, so let's kill... err... what could we kill?... oh, yes, let's kill all the Tok'ra, because there's a plague. A space plague. Yes. A space plague. After all, we didn't see them much lately, and their queen Egeria was dead. So yup, they deserve death. It's logical. Shut up. I'm the writer I know what I do.

Of course, while we're at it, nobody among SG-1 thought of downloading their brain into a crystal or whatever, and let Teal'c transport it back in the past. Especially's Carter's. 50 years studying asgard tech. Priceless you would say, and clearly worth one of those convenient plot devices.

But now, weepee! We're the 5th race. Only a fraction of the planet knows that there are aliens out there, and the fleet is controlled by only a few countries and solely used within military overseeing. Millions of people are still living in unacceptable conditions, subject to very low levels of hygiene, don't have access to a decent education, can't be healed properly, are menaced by wars, genocides, crimes and other sorts of violence everyday, and sometimes we're two hairs away from mutually nuking our asses off.

Hail Thor! For all his objectivity, logic, responsability and consciousness!

Thninkg about it, why didn't the Asgards send all of ther stuff in one giant, cloaked tomb, their legacy, an ark of some sort, sent it somwhere making loops in time and hyperspace, only to pop out several decades or centuries in the future in orbit of Earth? Enough time to let us resolve problems that should have forbidden the status of the 5th race.

That said, how convenient is it that they have an asgard synthetizer that can sprout anything they want, like food for example. Or tretonin. Where are the stock piles of primal elements to build such things? Where does it stop?
                              And how with all that stuff couldn't they just repair their shield and recharge it? 50 frakin' years people! 50!

You'll also notice that the Ori have miraculously forgotten to fire their secondary cannons. You know, the ones that cover all the other arcs that the main cannon can't. The same secondary cannons that can blow up a ha'tak in a few hits. The same cannons that could have been shooting at the Odyssey all that time being, considering the menace that ship posed to the crusaders.

Odyssey is the technowank incarnate. Time dilation device that can be changed to a time travel device. Cloak. Phasing ability. Weapons of doom. Asgard power core, synthetizer and non harming repository of knowledge, etc.

What a stun for what is nothing more than a glorified and rushed filler, with one of the most giant RESET FUNCTION BUTTON inside. With of course some of the most pointless so called character development.
                              Last edited by Mister Oragahn; 15 March 2007, 05:30 AM.
                              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Its strange I never found it upsetting at all it didnt hit me like i though it would. But we have the movies I suppose so thats why.
                                STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                                legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X