Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
    I'm not sure that it never really happened...it did and Teal'c remembers it. Which makes it unique in the Stargate universe, every other time we have seen two charaters get together it's been in an AU, AT, or a dream.
    Originally posted by spaceangel View Post
    Yes. I see what you mean. For Daniel and Vala though it never happened, is, I guess, what I meant. True about the uniqueness of it...I hadn't thought of that.
    Excuse me, how is it unique? Jack remembered what he did in Window of Opportunity - with Sam.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
      Wow! What an amazing episode!!! One of the best ever, if not the best. Daniel and Vala got together, I didn't think tptb would go there in a million years, but they did. Not an AU either, as it really happened and Teal'c remembers it.

A great story some wonderful team moments, I loved them all sitting around the table at various times. Vala crying in Daniel's arms so sad, so touching.

I even,( and I can't believe I am going to say this but) I even liked Sam in this one.

I think I am now officially a Sam /Teal'c shipper!!

What a show! What a shame it's cancelled! Sci-Fi are idiots!
      Why was Vala crying in Daniels arms?

Comment

Well, a great way to end the series. Still, the ending tells that this truly isn't the end. I'd like to offer my thanks to the people who make this show. It has been an amazing ten years and I'm looking forward for the movies. It will take some time to really understand, what has happened. I don't know if I can sleep - must watch some Stargate!

The episode was a also a great tribute to Teal'c - the mightiest scifi character of all time!
        Lammasliivi Productions - His past becomes our future
        Jaffa Troopers - No more slavery to false gods!
        Xbox Live: Paavi

Comment

Originally posted by freetoken View Post

I've been repeating to everyone that a single episode is only 41 minutes of creative material. That the makers of this episode did what they did in that 41 minutes is a testament to their skill and the quality of the show personnel (actors in particular.) AT deserves a gold star.

(snip)

The true saint again turns out to be Carter. The scene where she walks into the room with Daniel studying the Asgard library and admits she has given up was an A+ performance on AT's part.
          now 'that' makes me actually want to watch this ep. (it sounds depressing as heck)

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Well I finally got to watch it, and you know what. I didn't think it was the greatest finality to one of the finest shows that graced my TV screen for the last 10 years.

*stands and takes the pelting of the eggs, tomatoes...*

Hopefully you've all got that out your system, lol

For me Stargate has been for a long time a show that I can watch and enjoy and escape RL for an hour each week, but as the seasons went on there always seemed to be something missing. I see the laughter and the bonding going on on the screen, but I just don't feel it. And for the life of me I can't tell you what that something is. But, i've stuck by it until the end, and was looking forward to the last ep immensely (obviously not because it was the last ep), but maybe ending Stargate as it did, was a mercy killing *waits for the rotten tomatoes*

I had such high hopes for this ep after seeing The lost city and Moebeus and really wanted to enjoy it immensely. And while the premise of the ep was a good one, for me it didn't envelop me as a viewer. All that action, and I didn't feel the danger that the team was in. One of the most important things that SG1 tries to convey is that in a heartbeat someone on SG1 could be toast. Yet in one fell swoop, they were all to be extinguished (and ultimately were) if but for a few brief seconds, and you know what, I didn't care, and I hate that the last ever ep had that feeling for me.

There were a few sweet moments i'll give it that, such as Sam with Thor and the 'Indeed' at the end, but the whole 20 something years where the team lived their lives...sorry I didn't feel the anguish, the frustration, the passion between Vala and Daniel (though I didn't think I would to be honest) I think Memento Mori evoked more feelings for Daniel and Vala than this did for me, and I'm so not a shipper of those two. I didn't even shed a tear when Landry died, or Mitchell got frustrated and poor Teal'c.... last ep and what does he get to do? Stack shelves.

The Asgard are all dead and we are the fifth race, for years we've been waiting for them to say that we're worthy of the tittle so that was a nice touch, but mass suicide? I know they all were dieing, but these are the Asgards one of the most powerful aliens in the universe, so I still don't get why after so many years of hesitation at giving us technology, they decide to just give it to us....

I think I just expected more from this episode and I really shouldn't have let my expectations get so high. And yep still bitter that Jack wasn't in the last ever Stargate episode. And while i'm having a rant, lol, what the heck was Landry doing aboard the Daedy? I just did not get that at all.... hopefully someone can explain that to me why he had to be there (apart from the obvious reasons) lol.

But as a final word. Thank you Stargate and to the writers, cast and producers and for everyone behind the scenes for some really good years.

Comment

Originally posted by rnwhocares View Post
              Because she realised she'd just had sex with Daniel.

Comment

Roflmao :d

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                  *nitpicker* John Fogherty was the CCR singer
                  Lol, didn't know that (obviously)

Comment

Very nice moment when Thor told Sam that she had earned the Asgard's respect and friendship, and let her know that the Tau'ri are the Fifth Race.

I wonder how the Asgard knew that there was supposed to be a Fifth Race in the first place? Now there's a story
                    scarimor

Comment

I really don't know but there's some speculation on LJ that perhaps Vala had a miscarriage... a little far fetched I think.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                      Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Saw this episode the 10th time and I still get sad when Thor talks to SAM....Why do this to us? They knew how much we loved the Asgard.....

Comment

The Asguard weren't HUMANS FROM URTH HUUURRR! so they still would have lost.

This can be seen because they sent an actual battleship, built from the ground up with Asguard technology and many times the size of a 304, to the Camelot battle and..... drumroll.... they lost, just like everyone else who wasn't from Urth.

Clearly the only important factor in determining the outcome of battles in this universe anymore is the number of HUMANZ FRUM URTH onboard a given craft at a given time.(Russians don't count though, if anything they count negative) If the ship was also built with modern Urth tech (which is of course naturally superior just by virtue of being from Urth) and only has some alien stuff added in later that will only multiply the effect further.

So basically if the Asguard called up 4 guys from Earth to help them they could beat the Ori, probably in about a year following the discovery of some sort of superfreakowanknotronpressheretosolveoriproblem device they'd just overlooked for 10,000 years and had been using as a doorstop. If they foolishly tried to go it alone though they'd be doomed, and if they tried to go it alone against Urth, by god .... I can't even think of what would happen to them then.

Comment

Originally posted by randy23 View Post
                            I really don't understand how saying your a director makes your opinion more credible than the rest, you could've left that detail out. Question: could you post your filmography? Just asking.
                            Hes probably speilberg and dosent want us to know XD
                            If he were any good would he be trolling a tvshow forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post

PG15: Only 9/10 for Stargate SG-1?!
                              Nobody's perfect.

Originally posted by silence View Post
                              i am thinking beyond just this episode .. you don't mention Atlantis at all.
                              are TPTB going to pretend this never happened next season on Atlantis?
                              that we don't have ALL Asgard knowladge?

Odyssey is prolly most powerful warship in Milky Way ... and we can equip Deadalus and Apollo same way ... we have seen TPTB blow up every damn advanced warship so far ... but what will happen now?
                              Actually, we can't; not yet.

Sam said in the episode that it'll time time (read: forever) to replicate these Asgard things, so it'll be a while (read: forever) before they're able to use the tech to their fullest extent.

Originally posted by JedI Master of the Gate View Post
                              Please some one explain to me why Teal'C went back in time and didn't "De-age"?
                              Because he was put into mini time shield thing. Basically, he had to remember their whole 50-year ordeal in order to tell young Sam how to get out of that situation.

Originally posted by paulanthony View Post
                              I have a question.
                              On board the ship they had a matter replication machine. Why didnt they just interface it to make some new ZPM's, then interface the new ZPM's to fully charge the shields, then turn off the time dilation field and blow the Ori to kingdom come?
                              maybe i am missing something but seems like the obvious thing to do.
                              Well, you can't create energy from nowhere; most of the stuff they created were just ordinary things, but creating a ZPM would need the power of a ZPM, so there will be no point.

Comment

I just noticed something regarding this episode. Did SAM forget she could cloak the ship? The ship is cloaked with no explanation in the previous episode but when you could actually use that cloak it is nowhere to be found. I find it hard to believe that linking with the asgard super core made the cloak go away. They had so many opportunities to cloak the ship. One vital moment when they came out of hyper space close to the planet with the gate. Plenty of time to cloak and hide someplace and work on the hyper drive anomalies...yet another flaw in the show...

Comment

Working...
                                X