Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suohryu View Post
    man i was kinda left empty with this epi

i only just got the epi where i am but i was just hoping that in the 70 that at the end when they reversed time they could have stopped the Asgard killing them selves by finding a cure to there disease i mean they had Daniel reading all there history wouldn't have been hard to have them find a cure in the 70 years right

but besides that it was all right i also think they should have had Richard Dean Anderson in the episode to make it a real finally but besides that it was a excellent show i mean we finally were able to fire though ori shields
    errrrr we couldn't fire through the shields. we just wiped them out with brute force.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

well in that case if we were to just overpower the ori then wouldn't the ori have given the ships shields that could stand up to anything the asgard could have come up with remembering here that ori and ancients are still kinda the same except for a few different choices when they ascended they got a lot of knowledge and the Asgard are only like 10% into the database of the ancients if i remember correctly

Comment

well we've never seen the asgard with beam weapons before. my guess is that they are new based on sensor data obtained from the battle in camelot.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

(Excuse my ranting. I'm new, and I just watched this episode twice, and I need to get some thoughts off my chest.

That was the most disappointing episode of Stargate I've watched. Ever. I don't believe that they actually ended this fantastic series with such a bad finale.

The only thing I really enjoyed is seeing the Odyssey kick some Ori-mothership-ass. The Asgard technology they gained was great, but they should definitely not have taken the Asgard out of the story completely.

So, great, Earth is now the fifth race! Ooh, we can ally with the other races against the Ori! Oh, wait... not the Asgard, the Ancients are long gone, we don't even know the Furlings, and the Nox won't help out... ah, so we're on our own. Tok'ra are mostly gone; we basically have no allies at all.

I can't believe the finale was based around the characters being stuck on the Odyssey, rather than a big battle against the Ori of some sort. Come on. It's a finale. It needs to be action-packed, like Season 9's finale. They should've had all the Asgard vessels and the Earth ship go up against all the Ori ships, because if the Odyssey can take out two motherships just like that, then combined with the Asgard, that'd be no contest. And it would be an awesome battle to watch. I don't care about Daniel and Vala finally getting together, at least not in the series finale. That's not what Stargate is about.

I hated this episode so much was because it was incredibly frustrating, and there were a few large plot-holes that stood out to me. Firstly, they would've worked something out it a couple years, max. They had all the Asgard knowledge available, and they had Carter. She would be able to figure out something, surely, after all the experience she's had. Secondly, if they absolutely couldn't work something out, they would never, ever, have stayed and lived their whole lives on there. That's just stupid - they would've gone insane and killed themselves. Thirdly, Carter said she wrote a program to disconnect the ship's systems from the Asgard core within a few seconds. Why didn't she do that while the ship was in hyperspace, then quickly dropped out, run the program, and go back in?

I'm left feeling so empty after watching the episode, and I'm surprised lots of others actually enjoyed it. I only felt frustration while watching it, even at the end (the 'indeed' was lame by the way. That's Teal'c's line.) There's so many things left unanswered about the Ori and the fate of the galaxy, Ba'al, and the Asgard technology. Also, what's the state of Hermiod in Atlantis, and does the Daedalus get the Asgard tech?

I know, there's movies coming to fill in the holes, but seriously, for a season finale, that was just horrible. Ever since season 9, the show hasn't been classic Stargate, but it's been enjoyable. But this finale wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby44 View Post
            (Excuse my ranting. I'm new, and I just watched this episode twice, and I need to get some thoughts off my chest.

That was the most disappointing episode of Stargate I've watched. Ever. I don't believe that they actually ended this fantastic series with such a bad finale.

The only thing I really enjoyed is seeing the Odyssey kick some Ori-mothership-ass. The Asgard technology they gained was great, but they should definitely not have taken the Asgard out of the story completely.

So, great, Earth is now the fifth race! Ooh, we can ally with the other races against the Ori! Oh, wait... not the Asgard, the Ancients are long gone, we don't even know the Furlings, and the Nox won't help out... ah, so we're on our own. Tok'ra are mostly gone; we basically have no allies at all.

I can't believe the finale was based around the characters being stuck on the Odyssey, rather than a big battle against the Ori of some sort. Come on. It's a finale. It needs to be action-packed, like Season 9's finale. They should've had all the Asgard vessels and the Earth ship go up against all the Ori ships, because if the Odyssey can take out two motherships just like that, then combined with the Asgard, that'd be no contest. And it would be an awesome battle to watch. I don't care about Daniel and Vala finally getting together, at least not in the series finale. That's not what Stargate is about.

I hated this episode so much was because it was incredibly frustrating, and there were a few large plot-holes that stood out to me. Firstly, they would've worked something out it a couple years, max. They had all the Asgard knowledge available, and they had Carter. She would be able to figure out something, surely, after all the experience she's had. Secondly, if they absolutely couldn't work something out, they would never, ever, have stayed and lived their whole lives on there. That's just stupid - they would've gone insane and killed themselves. Thirdly, Carter said she wrote a program to disconnect the ship's systems from the Asgard core within a few seconds. Why didn't she do that while the ship was in hyperspace, then quickly dropped out, run the program, and go back in?

I'm left feeling so empty after watching the episode, and I'm surprised lots of others actually enjoyed it. I only felt frustration while watching it, even at the end (the 'indeed' was lame by the way. That's Teal'c's line.) There's so many things left unanswered about the Ori and the fate of the galaxy, Ba'al, and the Asgard technology. Also, what's the state of Hermiod in Atlantis, and does the Daedalus get the Asgard tech?

I know, there's movies coming to fill in the holes, but seriously, for a season finale, that was just horrible. Ever since season 9, the show hasn't been classic Stargate, but it's been enjoyable. But this finale wasn't.

i couldnt agree with you more but it isnt all the writers fault they originally had a diffrent story thinking they were going to be picked up for a 11 season but when came the news of cancelation and they were still going to leave it with the story but then sci fi turned around and said no we dont want a clif hanger we want a tie the show up so you cant do anything else with it show and so the writers had to go and write another show quickly

really sucked too i could have thought of so many other ways this epi could have gone really and you know i could have even thought of a way to make this epi better with the same story line ... oh well lets hope the movies have something to fix the mistakes of this epi

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              You can download here a special 20 minutes long mp3, which contains piano play by a German fan.
              http://stargate-project.de/stargate/...e=news&ID=3117
              I think it is worth to listen it.
              00:54 main title
              03:38 Ori attack
              07:22 and 16:10 the same very nice melody
              10:00 Creedence Clearwater Revival - Have You Ever Seen The Rain
              the link doesn't work could someone send me the mp3 via email >???

Comment

Yeah... I just thought of another easy way they could've got out of the situation: recharge the shields while in the time dilation bubble, turn off the time dilation bubble, take the hit, load Carter's program to separate the hyperdrive from the core, shut down the core, and jump into hyperspace. I don't see why they couldn't do that.

But oh well, hopefully the movies will be decent. I'm sure they will be.

Comment

Originally Posted by Toby44

Im sorry bud but I couldn't disagree with you more. I thought it was a perfect way to finish of the series. I think what makes SG1 so good is the characters, and the great connections they have. Not only Daniel and Vala but the whole team. It has always been that way. Some of the tie ins were good to. (ie 5th race).
                  I would have totally hated it if it had have ben all combat, like the ori being annilated, or everyone dieing.
                  Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Samyj View Post
                    Originally Posted by Toby44

Im sorry bud but I couldn't disagree with you more. I thought it was a perfect way to finish of the series. I think what makes SG1 so good is the characters, and the great connections they have. Not only Daniel and Vala but the whole team. It has always been that way. Some of the tie ins were good to. (ie 5th race).
                    I would have totally hated it if it had have ben all combat, like the ori being annilated, or everyone dieing.
                    Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
                      the Asgard are dead there gave us all there knowledge, then blew themselves up. Daniel and vala finally expressed there feelings for each other. the odyssey finally has energy weapons and took out 3 ori ships.
                      the sad thing is that teal'c sacrficed himself and he has to remain aged at the end of the epsiode.

this has been one hell of a ending to the series.
                      Great summary... I thought the last epsode would ruin stargate SG-1 being the last epp and all that, but surprisingly I actually enjoyed this episode... the only let down was the Asgard's mass suicide, easily forgiven with earth finally getting what they set out to obtain.. advanced tech and knowledge..

Comment

Originally posted by Samyj View Post
                        Just my opinion.
                        I totally agree..

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR Ragnarok Warlord View Post
                          Great summary... I thought the last epsode would ruin stargate SG-1 being the last epp and all that, but surprisingly I actually enjoyed this episode... the only let down was the Asgard's mass suicide, easily forgiven with earth finally getting what they set out to obtain.. advanced tech and knowledge..
                          at first i liked this episode. i thought it was beautifully filmed, and i LOVED the sam scenes in the ep. i appreciated that sam was important to this storyline, since most of s9 and parts of s10 were sam light. but after i watched it, even seeing how well done the ep was, i felt a bit melancholy. by the time the commentary came out for the ep and it was stated that the sam-teal'c stuff was played subtle shippy... there was just too many things i didn't like about this ep - no rda/jack, no s/j, asgard biting the dust, hopeless and depressing storyline - for me to take this ep to heart. more like heartburn.

i just like to pretend this storyline never happened.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            at first i liked this episode. i thought it was beautifully filmed, and i LOVED the sam scenes in the ep. i appreciated that sam was important to this storyline, since most of s9 and parts of s10 were sam light. but after i watched it, even seeing how well done the ep was, i felt a bit melancholy. by the time the commentary came out for the ep and it was stated that the sam-teal'c stuff was played subtle shippy... there was just too many things i didn't like about this ep - no rda/jack, no s/j, asgard biting the dust, hopeless and depressing storyline - for me to take this ep to heart. more like heartburn.

i just like to pretend this storyline never happened.

sally
                            yeah I know what you mean... Sg-1 ending has hit alot of fans hard.. even if it will still live on in films, I wish Sci-fi had given the go ahead to continue sg-1 for a 11th season.. it would have wraped up the ori story with more depth and left the possibility to finish the Ori in a straght-2-dvd film...

Comment

Originally posted by carterrocks View Post
                              Its so sad no more sg1 im in tears (literally)
                              The final episode aired here on thursday night and even though I was well-prepared, I was still a bit teary.

However, for the final episode ever, I thought it was still really good. I can't believe that the Asgard are gone (I love those guys, especially Thor ) I hope they aren't really dead and make an appearance in the movies.

I'll definately miss watching Stargate SG-1 on television every week, but I can't wait till the movies!
                              "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
                              S/J all the way!
                              Big Honkin' Resolution!
                              sigpic
                              John/Teyla Shipper!
                              SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

I just saw Unending (Sweden finally aired it), and...wow. What an episode. I can't believe that it is over. =O I felt so sorry for the Asgard (the Carter/Thor hug made me sad inside. Thor is so cute), but even more sorry for the team that spent 50 years in the same space. XD

It will be weird not seeing new SG-1 episodes anymore. =( But the image of Vala holding pink, fluffy handcuffs will forever remain in my head. XD
                                ~ Proud thunker of Carson Beckett ~

Carson.........................Rodney .......................Teyla........................... John

Comment

Working...
                                X