Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
    Did SG-1, except for Teal'c, basically die? I mean, the lives that had been living for so long were completely erased, and only live on in the memories of an old man. I know it's not the same, but it kind of got me thinking.

It would have been really powerful if Daniel and Vala had had a child, what would their choice have been then?
    Well they didn't physically die, since they went "back" in time, like rewinding a tape I guess. But their lives on the ship are all gone, except within Teal'c so maybe they can be "metaphysically" dead?

Good point about Daniel and Vala having a kid. I always wondered why they didn't have a kid. I mean, yes, there is the "bringing innocent child into doom" thing, but people have kids in bad scenarios like war zones as well. It would have been a really tough choice if they had a kid because going back in time would pretty much "erase" him/her. While that would be a really interesting thing to consider and I would be interested to see SG-1's portrayal of this dilemma, I don't think a 1 hour show can do it enough justice, especially with all the other things this final episode needs to do.
    sine sine cosine sine,
    three point one four one five nine!
    Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
    [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
    This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

Yeah, it's definately more of a philosophical question than anything, it just had me thinking.

I suppose them not having a child was for the best, because the only logical option would have been to send the kid back with teal'c, but that would have led to some corniness and anger from fans I am sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
        Yeah, it's definately more of a philosophical question than anything, it just had me thinking.

I suppose them not having a child was for the best, because the only logical option would have been to send the kid back with teal'c, but that would have led to some corniness and anger from fans I am sure.
        A lot of anger, I'm sure. Many fans would have probably been outraged.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I've been thinking about it and it may not be too bad if the child they had was old (I forgot when they were married? But I think they got together within the first 20 or 30 years?) So it's possible their child could be an adult by the time Sam figured out how to reverse the field.

If their son/daughter was a fully grown adult, then he/she would have a hard decision to make but it would not be as bad because he/she can decide his or her own fate.

But if it was a young child (unlikely due to the parents age at the end?) it would be a hard choice. Keeping him/her outside of the field with Teal'c would mean the child lives but how sad would it be to have your parents not know who you are. Also, SG-1 decides to keep their future secret with Teal'c but it will be kind of obvious that something happened if they came back with a child. Daniel and Vala would know something must have happened (assuming that the kid will somehow do something to indicate his/her parents by accident). It's not really fair for a child to grow up this way. Plus he/she would be used to the older versions of his/her parents and suddenly they are 50 years younger.

Sending the child back would effectively kill them, which is clearly a problem. But which is it worse than the alternative?

Maybe if they had a child they would also consider the option of not reversing the time field. But then the Asgard tech will die with them when the beam finally hits the ship. Another dilemma!
          sine sine cosine sine,
          three point one four one five nine!
          Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
          [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
          This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

If Daniel, and Vala had a 30+ year old child they would send him instead of Teal'c back in time. Just MHO...

Comment

Good point with the child going back instead of Teal'c but then would sam have trusted this stranger telling her not to activate the time dilation field to save them...

Comment

You can download here a special 20 minutes long mp3, which contains piano play by a German fan.
                http://stargate-project.de/stargate/...e=news&ID=3117
                I think it is worth to listen it.
                00:54 main title
                03:38 Ori attack
                07:22 and 16:10 the same very nice melody
                10:00 Creedence Clearwater Revival - Have You Ever Seen The Rain
                Last edited by Platschu; 03 October 2007, 09:10 PM.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

It's wonderful!!

What other tracks are included? Any more from Stargate?

I know this started from a thread in their forums, but I can't read German.

EDIT: Ohhhhh, Sam's Cello(?) solo follows "Have You See the Rain"!
                  Last edited by PG15; 03 October 2007, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Yeah, 12:58-13:57 is Carter's chello melody and there is an end title too.
                    Last edited by Platschu; 03 October 2007, 09:44 PM.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      Yeah, 12:58-13:57 is Carter's chello melody and there is an end title too.
                      Do you do Music Theory And Composition?

Comment

Ooops. I don't understand what you wanted to ask. There is "Carter's chello play" and the SG-1 series's end title at 19:38-20:10.
                        Last edited by Platschu; 04 October 2007, 09:10 PM.

Comment

This is amazing. I've been listening to it all afternoon.

Comment

Can't believe I'm on just noticing this now but the second Ori ship ta get shot, we never see completely explode, we see lots of explosions but not the whole thing go up, it's possible it survived. Funny how you watch something months and months later and notice new things.

Comment

man i was kinda left empty with this epi

i only just got the epi where i am but i was just hoping that in the 70 that at the end when they reversed time they could have stopped the Asgard killing them selves by finding a cure to there disease i mean they had Daniel reading all there history wouldn't have been hard to have them find a cure in the 70 years right

but besides that it was all right i also think they should have had Richard Dean Anderson in the episode to make it a real finally but besides that it was a excellent show i mean we finally were able to fire though ori shields

Comment

They worked on it for 2000+ years, what is to say we will do anything with 50 or so years of reading their history?

Comment

Working...
                                X