Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure someone has said this before, but here I go:
    I sort of felt like the loss of the Asgard was a bit arbitrary. We've known for a while that Asgard are having issues with their clonning process and all, but it seems so sudden so rushed.
    The Asgard were among Earth's first allies and I concider them to be the best.
    It also seems strange that they just handed out their technology.; Granted they wanted to preserve their legacy, but still. They hoarded their technology refusing to share even when the Tau'ri had desperate need and even after the Tau'ri had risked much to aid the Asgard.
    I liked the episode but it was a little empty. Though I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that I knew it was the very last.
    Anyway..
    "A friend is someone who stabs you in the front."

Ilshah, host to A’aaruk-GateWorld RP

Comment

Worst. Episode. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by squeakytoad View Post
        Worst. Episode. Ever.
        And a rating of 1.7....for a finale. Hope the movies do better....
        Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Just watched Unending, out of order so that I would have other episodes to watch after before I get through all of the Season 10 DVDs. Man, I can't watch this episodes without my heart being ripped open and the Angels flying out. I guess it IS a great episode, but that age make-up. Man, they shouldn't have done that. The Stage I make-up was mostly great (Landry sucked, Daniel looked kind of crappy, but Cam and Sam looked natural), but then the Stage II...ugh. Really brought the whole episode way down.

But back to my original point: Holding back tears in that final gateroom scene. This was the reason I only watched the episode the one time when I first saw it, and couldn't bring myself to watch it again until I got the DVDs.
          Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
          http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Yeah, I must admitt I liked the episode, but ti still hurt to watch. The only reason I didn't cry is because my fiancee was in the room and I didn't want to explain that to him. Non-Gaters don't understand.
            Anyway, It was tough to watch bothe because it was the last and because it was hard, they lost their lives, they had to wage and die slowly, unable to do anyhitng aobut it for so many years...
            *sighs*
            "A friend is someone who stabs you in the front."

Ilshah, host to A’aaruk-GateWorld RP

Comment

In the serie finale, "Unending", when the ship gets blown up, then the time field reverses, do the last fifty years going by backwards happen differently because Teal'c isn't preasent? (He is in the shield the whole time)

Comment

In the serie finale, "Unending", when the ship gets blown up, then the time field reverses, do the last fifty years going by backwards happen differently because Teal'c isn't preasent? (He is in the shield the whole time)

Comment

No, I can’t think of a way to explain it without using my white board but as far as I see it no. Time travel is confusing at the best of times but the big T was present for the past fifty years even when it was reversed. If he wasn’t then he wouldn’t have been able to go back which means he wouldn’t of but then he would be there so he could of and that just makes a nice big paradox.
                  And if that fails. Magnets.

Comment

Originally posted by songar87 View Post
                    Everything goes backwards (except for Teal'c). Imagine rewinding an SG-1 episode with Teal'c gone... you would see SG-1 reacting to a guy that isn't there. That's kind'a what happened in the field. That's why as soon as the field returns to real time, Teal'c is gone from the bridge, much to Daniel's puzzlement.

Comment

They wouldn't have happened differently. Time reversed so everything happened as it originally did, Teal'c was just able to see it all play backwards. Although Teal'c was unaffected by the time reversing, he should have been able to see his younger versions doing his own stuff.

sigpic

Comment

They wouldn't have really happened at all, nor would it matter, since time was reversing; except for Teal'c, who still retains all memory of his version of that timeline because of the field.

Comment

Why does this thread exist twice?

Oh gosh! Oh no! We must be stuck inside some kind of temporal paradox! Sam was wrong! Gaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

Comment

Ah! Timelines have converged, and all is well in the universe once more. Bless you, mods!

Comment

WAAAAAAAAAAH!

Loved this ep, tears several times. Called Daniel an a'hole for the first time in 10 yrs. Didn't see the big deal about a hug between Teal'c and Sam. Thought it was interesting. More when I feel composed.

WAAAAAAAAAAH!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                              O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Did SG-1, except for Teal'c, basically die? I mean, the lives that had been living for so long were completely erased, and only live on in the memories of an old man. I know it's not the same, but it kind of got me thinking.

It would have been really powerful if Daniel and Vala had had a child, what would their choice have been then?

Comment

Working...
                                X