No announcement yet.

Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the summary for the whole thing, it'll probably be in two parts though.

PART I - Unending

Mitchell and Teal'c are sparring, Mitchell gets his ass whuped.

A surprise party on the prometheus, the gangs all there, even landry. They go to thor's homeworld Orilla (sp?) Thor is planning to upload all the asgard knowledge, technology and the whole kit and kabbudle onto the prometheus. Their race is dying out and they don't want their legacy to go to waste, so Thor is having a whole load of Asgard beamed up and integrated. The powerfl upgrade won't drain the ZPM. The asgard have a disease that's wiping them out, and this is the only way out. They plan to commit mass suicide. They've built an interface into the system (think the hologram version). Thor told Sam that all their hopes are on them, and they've earned the respect from the Asgard and this is their legacy. Sam gives Thor a cuddle as way of saying goodbye.

Three ori motherships turn up and start blasting the ship as the Asgard disembark. They try and jump to hyperspace but it looks as if it's been hit. Thor's homeworld blows up, but they can't go to hyperspace yet until they've cleared the blast wave.

They fire everything they've got at one of the Ori motherships and blast it into space...

Landry wants to duplicate the Asgard technology, Sma thinks that there are a few problems and wants to come out of hyperspace, but the Ori are closing in on them, two more appear. The hyperdrive comes back online and they evade the Ori for a brief time. They're specualting how they found them in hyperspace. Ooops it's the Odeysey, not the Prometheus. The asgard core they think is what the Ori are using to track them, but it's tied in to all their makore systems. The Ori keep firirng on them and it's draining their shields. Sam gets the hyperdrive online and the Ori haven't followed them yet. They have to seperate the hyperdrive from the asgard technology. They try and head for P3X 474. Rather than letting the technology fall into the hands of the Ori, they have a plan to blow it up if it comes to that. Sam comes up with a plan to buy them some time. Most of the crew are beamed onto the planet as the Ori approach. They concentraite their attack on one vessel at a time, but the Odeyssey is getting its ass whupped.

ooooooooh the ori fire on them, but it stops short of the Odeysey as time has frozen, they're in a time dilation field. Sam's planning to phase the Oddesey so that the weapon goes right through them. Sam's telling the team it could take them several months to get it done, but they have enough provisions to see them through. Vala is bored and Landry tells them there's lots of paperworl to catch up on. Hologram Thor is helping Sam with merlins phase technology weapon. Mitchell goes for a run. Vala and Teal'c are in the storage closet and Teal'c is getting frustrated with Vala.

Sam can't get the phase technology to work before the time dilation field shuts down, so they are most likely gonna get blasted out the sky if they risk it.

Sam's trying to come up with alternatives, but it's going to take a lot of time. Vala in the mean time turns up in the elevator in a pink chiffon dress and Daniel takes no notice. Mitchell is getting frustrated. Sam materialises a cello...no clue why, lol. Each of them are trying to do their own thing to elleviate the boredom. Daniel is getting philisophical and saying life is too short. Vala starts flirting with Daniel and tries to undoe his pants, lol. Daniel sorta tries to stop her, lol. Vala's offended and she thinks he doesn't like her. They're having a bit of an argument, Daniel can't imagine having a relationship with Vala, and Vala is upset (Daniel seems very angry for some strange reason) He's so OTT, I think he likes her, and it's just the whole boys pulling the girls pigtails in the playground Vala puts her top back on and gets all upset with him, Daniel doesn't believe that her feelings are hurt, when they are. And he kisses her on the lips...heheh I was right. So they have a bit of a snog and vala walks out after.....and runs in to mitchell.

Comment

I simply love the "no strings" attitude Thor has. When SAM almost crying says there has to be more you can do, poor Thor, tries to explain that they gave them everything the ASGARD have learnt!!!!! It is very difficult to think that the Asgard were not very advanced when they met the Ancients. Amazing effects and the "room" where Daniel went to study reminded me of the Ancient learning program in Atlantis. Once again Daniel stays adamant when it comes to knowledge. He seems to value Thor and the Asgard more than Mitchell.

I am very curious how the ORI managed to detect the new "Asgard" vessel. I wonder if Adria had anything to do with it. How would they detect their hyperspace exit point?

Mate, the Prometheus was destroyed! It is the Odyssey...

Comment

nice ep, shame o'neil isnt here
        gate is the real way to travel !! all hate ships !

Comment

10/10

bring on the DVD

the asgards will not be forgotten

STARGATE ATLANTIS

Comment

PART II

Landry is watering his plants, Mitchell thinks they should try out the F302's it's confirmed that the Ori can definately track them because of the asgard technology. Mitchell wants to just remove it, but Landry tells him that he doesn't want to know. Vala offers to helps Sam. Ah Sam's always wanted to learn how to play the cello.

Vala talks about time travel as a way to get out of the mess, it won't work. They try sharing ideas, but nothings working. Landry's made himself a green house, Vala is skating around the ship and they're all laughing and joking together. Mitchell is still mulling over the F302 idea. They have christmas on board the ship and Vala is sat on Daniels lap.

Lots of canoodling between vala and Daniel, and everyone's getting a little testy. Mitchell has a hissy fit and destroys his quarters as he's frustrated with everything. Sam is still getting help from the hologram asgard.

Sam plays the cello as OMG Landry looks old and decrepid...or is it mitchell? it's now been 20 years since they got stuck in the time dilation field and they are all looking a little bit older...well alot. Daniel has that weird long hair again, Sam's is shoulder length. Sam has finally given up of the hopes of getting out of there, Landry is dying. Sam holds his hand as Landry lays dying and he tells her not to give up.

Landry is dead and they all mourn for him.

Mitchell has finally lost it adn is mumbling to himself as he stares out of the F302 bay. He mentions about getting the band back to gether, but didn't want it like this, apparently he's said it everyday for months.

Teal'c is the only one who looks half decent.

Sam has figured a way out to reverse the field, it's drained the majority of the ZPM, but they haven't got enough power. Mitchell reminds her of the time she got shot, and they could exchange the power supply like they did. He show's her the energy from the weapon and they might be able to cyphen it and channel it into the core, and with that they will be able to reverse the time, so technically if it works they'll only be dead for a few seconds. They can only go back to when it all began, but someone has to stay behind.

Sam created a programme to seperate the Asgard technology from the core. Teal'c volunteers to be the one to stay behind.

Daniel and Vala have a moment.

Sam goes for broke and tries it out trapping Teal'c in a shield of some sort and then time starts all over again blowing up the Odeyssey, it then magically comes back to life as the time dilation field reverses,a dn it's like it never happened.

Everyone is young again. Teal'c looks as if he's frozen in time.

Cut to the base...

Vala is in Cheyanne mountain, and everything is back to normal, except for Teal'c and his grey hair. Vala is asking if she hooked up with anyone, but Teal'c who is the only one to remember anything isn't telling her.

The gate dials and everyone is back in Cheyanne mountain. They have a moment before going through the gate. Daniel is being prophetic, including the addage Silence is golden, and Sam says, nothing ventured nothing gained. Teal'c says, all good things come to those who wait. sam says that it must be torture for Teal'c not to say anything and he says indeed.

The whole team head out one last time through the gate but not before all saying in unison, "Indeed"!!

It's the end of an era.....

Comment

Man I want to see this episode. It's sounds like it was amazing.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I still hoping there is a way for the azgard to return. Maybe they uploaded their consciousness, along with all the tech they gave earth, and the hologram will inform them at a later date

Comment

Its so sad no more sg1 im in tears (literally)
                  I cant believe thor died and i cant believe O'neill didnt get to say gd bye to him, its so sad and cant believe dan and vala got in on but will never memba

This is a sucicidal moment people!
                  "You have earned my respect and my friendship"

"The feeling's mutual"

"Please do not be sad"
                  sigpic

Comment

*CRIES*

I want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Wow, don't know what to say, I enjoyed the episode but felt a little short changed that there was no mention of Jack in the very last episode. I kind of felt a little jealous that Daniel and Vala got that time together, but in good old Stargate tradition neither of them will remember anything, as a Sam/Jack fan I'm disappointed that we never got such a definite declaration of love, 50 years together! I thought their scenes were played really well, I was even shouting at Daniel for being too harsh at one point. I can't believe that the Asgard are no more.

Must admit to a few tears at the end, I can't believe that I've spent 10 years with these characters. Though I stopped buying the DVD's at the end of season 8, I've not missed one single episode. Stargate SG1 brought me to the online world of fan forums and for that alone I owe it a huge thanks.

Comment

Besides Daniel/Vala, how was the character relationship in this episode. Was there a moment with every character where they talked about the relationships they've formed?

Comment

LOL, I'm in the minority - I was a bit disappointed by that. Not in a 'That was awful' kind of way, just a 'they could have ended that better' kind of way. I loved all the stuff at the start with the Asgard, and the last scene was quite sweet (though I was hoping that when Walter said 'Chevron 7 locked', it would be the last line!! Indeed was good though )
                          But all the stuff on the ship just felt odd. Not like an SG1 ep. I'm still undecided about Daniel & Vala - it was sweet. But it felt like it was just there for the sake of having a romance. (And I might be a little bitter cos I'm a Sam/Jack shipper and we never got that sort of resolution. Though I'd probably be upset if I was a D/V shipper and got all that only for it to be taken away. But that's a discussion for other threads)I was thinking 'Wow, Daniel's mean!' when he was ranting at her.
                          They killed the all the Asgard!! OMG!! And Thor actually called the Tau'ri the Fifth Race! I got a bit of a lump in my throat from that. And even though I was really hoping they would at least mention Jack's name (especially with the conversation between Thor and Sam), I wasn't really expecting them to. Though I like to think 'life is too short' might have been a nod to RDA.

So overall (after those disjointed ramblings...) I thought it was good, but not quite The Lost City

And I'm gutted that it's all over

Comment

Originally posted by carterrocks View Post
                            Its so sad no more sg1 im in tears (literally)
                            I cant believe thor died and i cant believe O'neill didnt get to say gd bye to him, its so sad and cant believe dan and vala got in on but will never memba

This is a sucicidal moment people!

Hey, it is far more interesting this way. Teal'c knows and this is very intelligent from TPTB. Daniel was so defensive when Vala made a move. Maybe because she gave him the impression she just wanted a "quickie"....It is good they got that room together. We had to wait so much to finally be the 5th race of the Alliance. The biggest achievement in the whole SAGA and it will never be continued. Imagine the possibilities now to continue the story. At least Atlantis will benefit from this!

Comment

meh.... I would have preferred something along the lines of Lost City
                              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

So here we've come. The end of Stargate Sg1.
                                Unending was great.

Spoiler:
                                Daniel and Vala were great and it was great to finally see them together. Sam was brilliant. Cameron was fantastic and Landry was extraordinary. The only thing i thought we needed more of on the ship was Teal'c. We had all the others lives, but Tealc wasnt shown very much - there shouldve been a bigger lead-up to what he did at the end.
                                Still... one heck of an episode
                                -- Brains12

Comment

Working...
                                X