No announcement yet.

Bad Guys (1016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this episode thought it was pretty funny all the way through.

Daniel jackson was not himselfed, which I love, and thought it was nice.

Nice explanation to Sam going to the president although I personally would love to of saw president face when he found out landry was president in the other universe. Also a bit at the end with the finishing and giving his permisson for her to go through with what ever she has purposed, these two thing wouldof improved the episodes.

Also perhaps them finding somthing of used on that planet. Perhaps even it was just a allied.

Also do not know if anyone else felt it but all the way through the episode even at the end I thought the real rebels was going to show their faces, shame they did not, it would added a bit of depth to the epidsode.

I thought vala hilerious, and her pulling out a glass cutter was a bit odd, through funny her description.

and again I enjoy the two women, but again they whould of extended it a bit further, perhaps even just have teal'c step and zat them after daniel faild to stop them from argueing.

The set was nice, different from the medieval looked we have become so bored of seeing, sorry but their only so many ways you can dress the same set, and only so many new angels..

I thought that they should jut of added bit more depth to this episode it would be brilliant ep.

I do not believe this next generation thing.

Off cause the character going to change, daniel as character looked a bit fed some of the time, and perhaps no long enjoying career same as real life and felt that in the episode.

But one thing as really bug me is the fact the amount of line tea'c be getting lately, very few words, I felt I could of counted the number lines on single hand, give somthing to do or leave him out the episode.

Personally this would been better. To have teal'c going of preparing the remaining jaffa nation, and having him rallying the troops for the final battle, bra'tac. Then have carter meeting the president and informing him of their plans to defend earth and taking care of the ori followers.
    And then have vala Daniel and Cameron going on the search for more weapons/alies to helped us out. I think this would of been better way to of do it and showed us these events. And then just having vala/daniel/cameron trapped in the museum. This would linked to the overall plot line more and give hint to the upcoming battle for the galaxy.

do overall 8 out of 10

really comparing to other crap that on at the moment it far better than most other programmes on tv.

Comment

What was "seaweed" a reference to?

edit: Found it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Guys

When thinking about a possible energy source to power the Stargate, Mitchell suggests 'seaweed' which may possibly be a reference to Prisoners (Stargate SG-1) where they used plants that performed cold fusion which powered the Stargate.
      Last edited by brod; 14 February 2007, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        The episode was a bit weak, because this is the best SG-1 season. The idea was good, the Goa'uld relics were nice references to earlier seasons: naquadah bomb (6x19), abydos walls (6x22), Heru-ur statue (4x14), Goa'ud flag (3x03) etc.

: Perhaps the best of the New!Fun!SG-1!

Just saw the ep. Not as bad (imo) as some of the reviews say. It's rather nice to see a first contact go screwy because the society if going thru some modern-day problems. Seriously, how different would it go on Earth?

This list is by no means complete. I think I've already forgotten too much of it.
        Good:
        -The alien knowing the Die Hard reference - and the scholar not. Well he has been on Earth 10 years!
        -Vala was amusing.
        - The parallels between Daniel and Cicero were amusing.
        - ??
        -??

Bad:
        - screaming girl
        - catfight
        - Vala just 'happening' to have a glass cutter. Sure. That's standard SGC gear. And I'm sure she'd have to sign it out. Red flag would kinda pop up, the thief being interested in that.
        - Security guard. I thought it as rather depressing that he was so in need of attention that he was willing to cover up the truth to be a hero. Very human though. It's not like Earth hires the best and the brightest for night guard duty either. OTT.

All in all this was better than Bounty. But that's damning with faint praise indeed. But not as faint as most of S9.

Again, Mitchell didn't bring anything more than eye-candy to the table.

Two "comedy" eps in a row is a bit much.

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

For those that have not been happy with Teal'C there is a Teal'C episode coming up soon

Comment

The thing I immediately noticed about this episode is that the main actors were acting so much better against their guest star cast. I have noticed that the acting among the the show's main cast has gotten a little dull as of late. And seeing Micheal's acting so vibrant against the supporting cast is a treat. I'm thinking Micheal channeled Daniel's inner teacher when he said "Don't eyeball me!"

I'm happy to say that "Bad Guys" was the episode I have enjoyed most this season. There was just something right and good about this episode.

I think it would be really nice to have seen this story revisited sometime. Although the ending spells out that revisiting is not neccessary. We already know what's happened. We've seen this before. We already know there's no need to revisit that world. Though it would have been nice.

Comment

Originally posted by markaudette View Post
              We already know there's no need to revisit that world. Though it would have been nice.

Who knows that one guy that helped & believed SG-1 could do something stupid & go out looking for them & randomly find them again TV style

Comment

Just saw the episode and have to say--I enjoyed it. No, I'm sure it's not great science. let's face it, Daniel made the point that they 100% did not bring along someone who knew what they were doing (Sam who would have had it figured out).

Still, some funny visuals with Mitchell and Vala moving identically when they were disarming themselves for the security guards. I liked Daniel's confused expression and Teal'c's "Die Hard".

Like "Bounty", it's mostly fluff but it was entertaining fluff that made me laugh. If I want "die-hard" in your face drama, I'll watch Battlestar Galactica (or maybe I won't, as I'm a little tired of ALL the drama).

Comment

story by Ben browder & martin gero ....kinda took me by surprise. remind me never to piss off Micheal shanks wow after 9+ years you've never seen him get upset like that.

i loved the teal'c moment when he zated the chancler please remain calm while we insert word i can't spell this problem ( not sure the exact quote) the vala lesson on stealing was funny. my only problem is that the museum looked to earth like.

overall very fun but different episode.
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Transcript & Image Gallery [516] have now been posted for S10 Ep16 Bad Guys.

http://www.scifiquest.com/stargatesg1

Suzanna

http://www.scifiquest.com/michaelshanks
                    http://www.scifiquest.com/richarddeananderson
                    http://www.scifiquest.com/forum

Comment

Just finished. I've got to say I didn't expect that Ben was responsible for the Story (along with Gero). This one was different, although the hallway reminded me of the hallway from Bounty, in the high school. I wonder how different it would be if Amanda were in it. This back half is really surprising me because I thought most some of the episodes would suck. I give it a **1/2.
                      sigpic

Comment

Daniel looked like he was about to go crazy. And I thought it was nice to see the GDO again, its been a LONG time since we've seen one I think. I'd say that this episode was kind of a homage to the older ones, just seeing all the ould Gould stuff was great, and the gateroom reminded me of Abydos.

Comment

I enjoyed most of the episode all the way up until the end. I didn't quite like the aftermath : /

However, while you all bash this episode, (and I have to kinda agree with some points) I think this episode's script would be better meant for a longer episode. I don't mean that I want them to make a two hour episode for this, but just that in order for this premise to work out well, it would have to be a longer episode. One hour isn't enough to develop enough plot/twists/character dev in one episode for this premise.

Comment

That reminds me; IMHO this episode had some of the best dialogue and best delivery of the entire series (for the main characters, anyway). If there's one thing Gero does well (and there are plenty), it's dialogue and overall banter.

Comment

Ok I just watched the ep...and also just read all 9 pages on this thread...and I think I must agree with some of you...this must be the worst ep ever...ok maybe not ever...But certainly worst ep of season 10... This one can really can join the bad eps season 9 had.

I honestly think this was one big joke. Cause that did it seem to me. A joke...A big joke.I can really not take that in any way serious. If that is supposed to be a funny ep...then they failed miserably. If this was a 'filler' ep...they also failed miserably...Actually in ever aspect they failed. I really wasn't expecting much after reading some of the spoilers...But after seeing the ep...I am really dissapointed in it. For me this is again seeing season 9. The writers didn't do a good job with it. The story...wait was there even a story? Cause honestly to me there wasn't...I mean they go to a planet to find a weapon...Come in a museum...take hostages and go back home...For me that isn't really a story...certainly not for SG-1.
                              Why even write such a story in the first place? I mean like SG-1 would ever do such a things??

Not only did I think there wasn't a story but it seemed like everyone was so OOC...especially Daniel...I have seen some changes in his character that I already thought were totally OOC but this is the worst I have seen ever... I mean Daniel would never ever do such a thing. He would try to talk to the people convince them they weren't the bad guys...That they were just explorers who wanted to go home again...yes he changed but this change...nope that isn't Daniel...I think it is his evil twin...or maybe some effect of being a prior or something...Oh well lets face it...it is jut bad writing.

Also I am sad to see Vala back to that thief thing...I mean we have seen her in a few eps now and she changed to a fragile women, insecure and really someone who you can depend on who needs to feel welcommed and feel loved and now she is back to the funny thief character...I don't think that is how someone changes...and then her "funny" jokes...sorry couldn't appreciate them at all... and the glasscutter (sp?) it is even worse then the hairdryer in the Quest. Really what does she also bring... I mean next week there will be a fridge in there cause she might be hungry... Oh come on...this must be a joke...

Cameron...well for once I didn't think he was that annoying...probably cause I though Daniel was too annoying so I didn't notice it to much...

Teal'c...wait what he again has the guns and is being the gun-shooting men...wow surprise there

I am glad like some of you Sam wasn't in the ep...I am a big fan of Sam... But I am glad she wasn't in it...cause that way they can't ruin her character...Cause that is what they have done in this ep though...ruin the characters even more then they used to do...
                              I still think it is strange that after what 2 eps now...That is like at least a week...Or even more...Sam has to debrief the president...I mean isn't that something you try to do immediatly...Or at least a few days after not after a week...

After LitS and RnT and tS...we get 2 eps who really aren't worth re-watching ever...While Bounty had some moments that were funny this one was just over the top with everything... Not only the main characters but also the guest appearances where totally said and annoying to see...

Summary: an ep I will never ever watch...and if you haven't seen the ep I wouldn't recommended it... Cause you will be dissapointed in it.

I don't know what the next ep will be but I know I will not have any hopes up ... Although can it go any worse then this ep??? I don't think so

Comment

Definitely mixed reviews for this episode. I can't wait to get through it so I can judge for myself.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X