No announcement yet.

The Shroud (1014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another question: Was there any mention of what Daniel was doing in the past two weeks? E.g. just sitting there in an Ori ship, tied up and doing nothing?
    No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
    (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Spoiler:
      I think the Ori are gone, everything else including the film only deals specifically with their followers. Go Daniel, go Jack, go Ancients (best use on non-interference rule yet)
      -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
      -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
      -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Lord Baal View Post
        Were doomed why didnt they kill her when they had the chance or least take her personal sheild?
        yeah, i was just thinking... why don't they tie her up or something?
        ------------------------------------------------------

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
          well i lost count lol
          I have way to much time on my hands....

Comment

Frakinel, DESTROY THE TOASTERS!!!!

...What? oh...OH. Oh okay, Stargate SG-1 right....? Actually to be honest I thought that this episode was the best SG-1 for a long, long time - really good. Reminded me of old times, between Daniel and O'Neill - I think that O'Neill should be in it more lol.

Love the episode
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Merlin's weapon was designed to kill ascended beings only. the ori are dead but the priors, adria and the ori army (human followers) are not dead as they are not ascended beings!!!
              they should have killed adria when they had the chance! at least it would have stopped her creating more priors
              Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
              sigpic
              sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

It owned, like EVERY episode in latter half of season 10 has, the US are missing out BIG time

i counted 8 ships, + 2 (4 originaly, but 1 blew up and 1 got sent through the gate), there are 10!!! ori Ships!!!
                Hola

Hello

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
                  Another question: Was there any mention of what Daniel was doing in the past two weeks? E.g. just sitting there in an Ori ship, tied up and doing nothing?
                  Adria was trying to change him, you see it in those flashbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
                    well i lost count lol
                    i counted 8 at the final scene, but i was going abit Stargate crazy, could have been seeing double
                    Hola

Hello

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                      very funny and good she kissed him not the other way around good I am a D/V shipper so thanks for all the info he wouldn't push her off anyway at least in my AU but lets not go there sounds good thanks every one for all the info I can't wait to watch for myself. Thank you Kazan I appreciate your effort
                      Lol, I'm a D/V 'shipper also... actually I'm a multi-shipper and have been for years, so that 'sat' quite well with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazan View Post
                        OK synopsis for you. Quickly written so forgive any typos!

Intro
                        Previously on….recap of how Daniel took on Merlins memories and was building the weapon, Daniel being captured by Adria.

SG1 on a planet talking with a village elder about the visit of a Prior and explaining the fact that the Ori are dangerous and origin is a false religion. The villager says that the prior was very reasonable and made no threats. This surprises SG1 but they offer to assist the villagers if they choose to resist.
                        The prior returns. SG1 hide.
                        The prior is Daniel!!

Act1
                        Back at the SGC discussing the situation.
                        Daniel was very persuasive and reasonable with the villagers.
                        They think that he therefore still a part of Daniel. They agree they have no choice but to try and get him “back”.

Back in the village, Daniel is preaching. He is beamed up to the Odyssey.
                        He says, “what took you so long”. They zat him.
                        They restrain him in a chair with hand and feet restraints and have an anti Ori device in the room to disable his Prior powers. He wakes and discusses the situation with the team. He says its all part of the plan he and Merlin have. The team is not convinced. Cameron says – “no offence but have you looked in the mirror lately”
                        He says he gave in to Adria on the planet as he had no way to resist her power and it allowed the rest of them to escape. He was trying to ensure that Merlins weapon did not fall into Adrias hands.

Act2
                        An Ori ship.
                        Adria talking with Daniel explaining what Origin is about and about the ancients.
                        Daniel narrates that she was very persuasive and he says he let her believe that he was turning. He wanted her to trust him. It is Merlin talking. Daniel still has Merlins personality / memories.
                        Back on the Ori ship before that Daniel was turned into a Prior.
                        Adria says she can see why “mother” has affection for Daniel. She wants them to save her together. She leans in a kisses him. A bright light emanates from her and she turned Daniel into a Prior.
                        Adria turned him into a prior because he will be the best hope to convince the rest of the galaxy to convert to Origin.
                        Also he fooled her into believing that he would complete the weapon on her behalf.
                        He wanted to be a prior because he wants to be able to steal an Ori ship so that he can fly it to the Ori galaxy and use the weapon against them. But he cant do that as there is a wormhole blocking the super gate. He wants them to shut it down so he can follow that plan.
                        Back at the SGC, they are briefing Jack and Landry.

Jack goes to the Odyssey and talks with Daniel.
                        “this is a new look” says Jack.
                        Daniel explains that Merlin pre-programmed a time frame into the change to being a prior – he will revert back to himself – probably within a day.
                        Daniel trying very hard to convince Jack to let him follow the plan.
                        Jack is very sceptical but Daniel keeps insisting that they shut down the super gate so he can execute the plan.
                        Daniel says “you of all people should trust me”. Jack says Sam is not convinced it will work. Daniel explains why it will and how.
                        Jack is finding it very difficult to believe him.

Sam and Jack in her lab. She says that Daniel was right, the device can be used and the information Daniel provided is correct.
                        Sam asks if he believes in Daniel now.

Tealc goes to see Daniel. He asks how was Daniel able to dupe Adria, why is she not suspicious
                        Daniel explains that the Ori plan is to use the weapon to destroy the Ancients but to do so they need more power.

Ori wanted to build up their power from the galaxy so that they can destroy the Ancients. Adria stopped him from finishing the weapon so not to draw attention of the Ancients. But Ori still think they need more power before they can use the weapon themselves. That is why Adria is not suspicious of him. She is too busy trying to get more followers from the galaxy to add to their power. She has not the time to see that he is not on the level.

Back at the SGC, the IOA will not sanction the plan. Woolsey explains they decision. He is not happy but says that the IOA will be recommending that they terminate Daniels life.

Back on the ship. Vala is sitting on Daniels lap. She teases Daniel – he gets that they want to kill him. She says she will be planning a plan to try and plan that they don’t kill him – ie she hasn’t a plan yet! Daniel realises that Vala is struggling to believe him. She says she more than anyone understands how big this is given her experience of the Ori. She explains if he were in her position and there was a tiny doubt and any little chance that she was not on the level, he wouldn’t back her if the roles were reversed.
                        OK once again Jack has to see SAM THEN he starts to believe Daniel. That really gets me mad!!

Comment

Through Daniel the Ori should now know about the Human Pegasis population. You would think their next step would be the Pegisis Galaxcy. Its all about numbers, the more that follow them the more powerful they would be. Assuming the Ori are not dead Pegasis would be an easy move. People estatic for been freed from the Wraith, they would easily fall in line and worship the Ori.

I dont know just a thought, plus they have the device now how do we know it wouldnt be activated as soon as they entered our galaxy again, there is so many un answered questions the writers have to give us the answers before ending the series.

Comment

Man! Daniel looks bad as a prior, I thought he would look better than that.

AGT58

Comment

In reply to some of the posts about Vala sitting on Daniel's lap ... I liked it. I think it was a nice contrast to the seriousness of the discussion. She was being serious, and being in contact with him. It was very IC, because she essentially is still a teenager who hasn't quite grown up yet.

[warning: 'unending' spoiler]
                              Spoiler:
                              And that sets up a scene that we've heard will be in Unending - Daniel 'gives Vala a piece of his mind' and basically tells her not to be terrified to grow up, that's its not a bad thing etc.

Besides, it fits the dynamic. Yes, I know, those who know me know I'm a rabid DV 'shipper, but even just at the friendship/team mate level, she's uninhibited and has a tactile friendship with them all

[spoilers, line in the sand/memento mori/road not taken/quest2]
                              Spoiler:
                              She hugs Sam in Road Not Taken, she jumps into Teal'c's arms at the end of Line in the Sand, the scene in the motel in Memento Mori and even the hug (yes, I squeeeee'd as a shipper) at the end with Daniel could all be taken just as her being tactile in her friendships. It's also a nice nod to the Quest II, when she's holding him after he activates the device and collapses, and then when she jerks his head around to make him meet her eyes.

It's the way she is - she'd feel the need to affirm her friendship with Daniel (or whatever else you choose to see it as) by contact, but TPTB wouldn't exactly show her holding his hand and it would be incongruous in this situation anyway. So she sits on his lap, expressing that she trusts him enough to be near him (even if he's restrained and limited). Which is a nice little underscore to the fact that she's trying to explain why she can't quite trust him enough.

I loved this ep - it really blows the possibilities apart for the rest of the season and the films. And it'll be nice to see how they handle the Daniel-recovering-from-Priorness in the next few eps.

[spoiler, Dominion!]
                              Spoiler:
                              We know Adria survived and comes back to our galaxy, Moreena is listed as a guest star for Dominion.

My bet is that we've destroyed the Ori themselves, but that their followers and Adria are the threat now.

Ha. Romantic interlude. I both love and hate how TPTB and the actors are fully aware of the 'shippers (myself included) and tease the hell out of us.

kay x

Comment

I wouldn't get your hopes out about cloaking. The ZPM was required to cloak Odyssey which means it's a no go for the other ships.

As for 10 ships, I doubt it. I believe it was 8. There were three still in the Milky Way, plus when they went into hyperpace I counted 7. So there is 1 original ship somewhere, plus the one waiting at the gate, plus the one sent through the gate and then that one returned with 5 others making 7 at the gate.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X