No announcement yet.

The Shroud (1014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seriously doubt the Ori are dead because that'd be just too easy.

If they are to be killed off, then the viewers would really need to see something of that magnitude happening on screen.

The fact that all those extra ships came through in the end, tells me that it didn't work & the Ori that pissed at almost being wiped out, sent all their currently completed ships through to finish the job of converting the galaxy.

It's cool that Daedalus was able to be cloaked by Jackson, however the fact that Carter doesn't know how it was done, nor does DJ remember how he was even able to do it, gives the impression that we won't see them cloaking & de-cloaking their 304's at will. Jackson should have left instructions in the computer or simplified it for O'Neill to understand. Who then could have told the jist of it to Carter, who could then figure it out.

1 point I didn't like so much was the rush DJ & then SG-1 was in to send the ship through with the weapon on board straight away. For all intensive purposes, they had the weapon, they had DJ with Merlins knowledge. Carter was able to interface with the Ori ship & take control of it. So I'd rather they have kept a hold of the Ori ship. Beamed the weapon off to Odyssey for safe keeping. Lowered the shields of the Ori ship, then beamed all life signs out into space.

After that they could have got DJ to draw out plans to make the weapon, how to make ZPM's or whatever in the 24 hours he had left with all that knowledge.

Even if nothing came of that, they would still have had an Ori ship, along with the completed weapon. All they needed to do was disconnect the gate at a later time. Dial in the supergate, then beam or launch the weapon through the wormhole into the Ori galaxy. Much simpler solution that having to sacrifice a fully working Ori ship for nothing.

Last point, was after DJ zapped Adria with his prior powers. Why didn't they take the piece of Celestis off her neck. Especially seeing how it protected her from Da'kara weapon etc.

Overall I'd give it a 7/10. I'd perhaps give it an 8 or 9 other than the fact that the Ori may have been wiped out off screen without seeing or hearing anything at all. So at this uncertain point I'm holding off on a mark or 2!

Comment

And the second part.....

Act3
      Jack is arguing with Woolsey and Landry. Woolsey is trying to explain why they need to terminate his life.
      Jack refuses to let that be an option.
      Landry explains that if they wait, he will revert back but they can always put him into stasis until they know whether he is telling the truth.

Jack back to Sams lab, with the rest of SG1.
      They have a crazy idea. They instead of Daniel execute the pan, go after the Ori ship with the weapon on. They need intel / information from Daniel on the ship, on how to fly it and how to complete the weapon.

Jack goes back to Daniel. He asks for intel, information on the ship.

Daniel gives them the information on how to fly the ship and to finish the weapon.
      They will go and execute Daniels plan.

Woolsey agrees reluctantly.

Woolsey goes to see Daniel. He tells him he will be put into stasis until they know whether the plan works and the information turns out to be accurate.
      They will let him revert only when the mission is a success. He is about to beam Daniel into the ancient stasis pod. They cannot beam him to the pod. Daniel uses his mind to break his bonds and break free. He has managed to overcome the anti Ori device in the room.

Landry and Jack talking. Jack says he worries about the teams and feels useless sometimes.
      Woolsey is beamed down to earth and in return beams Jack back up to Daniel
      Daniel is taking the ship and needs Jack.

SG1 ring to the Ori ship. They get into a fire fight with Ori soldiers.
      The kill them all and go to the control room. Sam starts to try and interface with the ship so she can fly it.
      Cam and Vala go to a lab to try to complete the weapon.
      They get control of the ship and jump to hyperspace.

Jack and Daniel on the ship. Daniel explains he had to hijack the ship as he was worried that SG1 wont be able to complete the mission. Plus he wasn’t about let Woolsey freeze him.

Vala is completing the weapon. It is active and ready to use.
      They exit hyperspace at the supergate. There is an Ori ship in front of it. Cam and Vala turn round and are surrounded by Ori troops. In the control room Sam and Tealc find themselves having to surrender to Adria

Act 4
      Daniel and Jack arrive at the supergate. Daniel has somehow managed to cloak the Odyessy. Daniel says he was afraid that Adria might have realised the plan and would be there.

Daniel is beamed to the Ori ship. He fools Adria into believing that it was part of the plan to get SG1 to finish the weapon so that she can use it to defeat the Ancients. Adria is distracted. Daniel zaps her with the anti Ori weapon. She is knocked unconscious but it takes a lot of Daniels strength.
      He flies the ship. Sam and Tealc run to join Cam and Vala to finish the weapon and activate it.
      Daniel gets Jack to tell Dedealus (who have been stationed nearby but out of sight) to shut down the blocking wormhole. Daniel then dials the Ori galaxy and puts the ship on a course to go through the open wormhole. Jack beams them all out before the ship goes though with Adria still on. Daniel has reverted back to himself.

He wakes up in the infirmary with the team except Sam who is at the controls. The Odyessy is still cloaked at the gate. They ask if he thinks the plan was successful but there is no way to tell yet.
      Sam suddenly says they need to come to the flight deck – an incoming wormhole is forming. The gate opens and a number of Ori ships come through. It seems the plan may not have worked and the Ori are perhaps now an even greater threat to the galaxy?. The ships jump to hyperspace and disappear.

Comment

Spoiler:
        We don't know for sure the ori are gone.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I know I am all like wow and stuff and I can't believe we saw it first......Adria must be pissed!!!
          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Were doomed why didnt they kill her when they had the chance or least take her personal sheild?
            sigpic

Comment

Not seven I counted....

4 Came Through in Crusade....
              1 was destroyed in Pegasus Project
              1 was sent back to the Ori Galaxy with Merlins weapon aboard
              Another 4 came through as a result of SG-1 closeing the gate
              Add those four to the two remaining ships and you have 6 Ori ships in the Milky Way with the supergate free to allow more (if there are any)

Comment

Wow! Loved this episode!!!

I'm not exactly sure how many ships the Ori sent through but I counted 8 that jumped into hyperspace! I wonder where they're heading!!!!! Perhaps Earth!!!

I wonder if they're going to be able to add the cloaking ability to other ships?

Comment

Originally posted by stewsith View Post
                  That episode had no closure whatsoever. My head is all over the place i dont know what to think. We dont know if the ori are dead or anything!!!
                  yeah, i think it's meant to be a cliff hanger!
                  ------------------------------------------------------

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

Oooh forgot to mention that I just checked the TV guide and next weeks SG1 is Bounty.

Comment

Originally posted by J_B View Post

Last point, was after DJ zapped Adria with his prior powers. Why didn't they take the piece of Celestis off her neck. Especially seeing how it protected her from Da'kara weapon etc.
                      the piece of celestis is like the protective shield from the atlantis episode where sheppard shot mckay only the person wearing it can touch it

Comment

i just watched the shroud on sky one. brilliant! great to see O'neill again and his conversation with daniel. lol. 10/10
                        Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                        sigpic
                        sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
                          Daniel was restrained, so he couldn't exactly push her off

Also, Adria kissed him, not the other way around, when she turned him into a Prior.
                          very funny and good she kissed him not the other way around good I am a D/V shipper so thanks for all the info he wouldn't push her off anyway at least in my AU but lets not go there sounds good thanks every one for all the info I can't wait to watch for myself. Thank you Kazan I appreciate your effort
                          sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

i am most suprised that Adria kisses Daniel

thats your mothers boyfriend!

oh yeah and the "Are the ori dead yet" stuff, that too
                            ------------------------------------------------------

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

Originally posted by Stricken View Post
                              Not seven I counted....

4 Came Through in Crusade....
                              1 was destroyed in Pegasus Project
                              1 was sent back to the Ori Galaxy with Merlins weapon aboard
                              Another 4 came through as a result of SG-1 closeing the gate
                              Add those four to the two remaining ships and you have 6 Ori ships in the Milky Way with the supergate free to allow more (if there are any)
                              well i lost count lol
                              sigpic
                              Sig For Me!

Comment

yeah daniel rocks
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X