No announcement yet.

The Shroud (1014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firstly, I hope the Ori are not gone because if so, I'll be annoyed After all the hype and build-up I'd like something more than that.

Now, I've said that I did enjoy this episode. Jack was back - as in better than he has been throughout all his guest spots so far, he seemed to have more to do than sarcasm, which was brilliant! I know when the first adverts was on I was like WTF? I was totally confused but it was all explained through flashbacks, which for once were really handy. I couldn't make up my mind about whether Daniel was being truthful or not; I kept being on his side and then... not.

If the Ori are destroyed then that's a problem with all their followers that have now just landed in our galaxy because there is, technically, no one leading them, so now all they have is what they know and their religion for them interpret as they choose, I don't know about you but that seems worse to me.

Overall, I thought this was one of SG-1's strongest episodes of the season but it lacked something, which I can't put my finger on. Maybe I should watch it again and see what I think.

Wendy
    Hugs
    sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Anyone have any pictures? I won't see it for a couple of days and i really want to get spoiled!!

Comment

Originally posted by rnwhocares View Post
        Anyone have any pictures? I won't see it for a couple of days and i really want to get spoiled!!
        Me too! *begs*

Comment

I thought Jackson look great as a Prior. The hair, the eyes, the face, I thought he pulled it off very well.

sigpic

Comment

Did the spoilers say the Odyssey was in this episode? WHO is the new commander? Or did they just not show the bridge??

AGT58

Comment

Originally posted by AGT58 View Post
              Did the spoilers say the Odyssey was in this episode? WHO is the new commander? Or did they just not show the bridge??

AGT58
              Odyssey was in the episode, and yes you did get to see the bridge, plus one or two interesting new features, but I don't remember it being said who was in command. However I did need to run to the door for a few seconds so it's possible it was said during the start.

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                They didn't show it until Daniel took command.

(Oh, and its cloaked and they can't get it out of cloak. )
                -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
                -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
                -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

Originally posted by your_god View Post
                  Through Daniel the Ori should now know about the Human Pegasis population. You would think their next step would be the Pegisis Galaxcy. Its all about numbers, the more that follow them the more powerful they would be. Assuming the Ori are not dead Pegasis would be an easy move. People estatic for been freed from the Wraith, they would easily fall in line and worship the Ori.

I dont know just a thought, plus they have the device now how do we know it wouldnt be activated as soon as they entered our galaxy again, there is so many un answered questions the writers have to give us the answers before ending the series.
                  well they dont want to be fighting on two fronts especialy when the wraith are so powerful
                  sigpic
                  Sig For Me!

Comment

Cool! I can't wait to see it! I've been mad ever since Col. Emerson died! I hope the new commander is as good as he was! Was anyone shown in the captain's chair or was it empty?

How is it stuck cloaked? I doubt it will be stuck cloaked forever, anyway, all they have to do is cut power, at least that's what I think they woud have to do.

Also, sorry for asking this in 3 different messages but I'm reading several threads at a time and I keep having more questions.

Is Daniel back to normal now? Will he be in the rest of the season? Is he back on SG-1 now??

AGT58

Comment

Originally posted by kirkeastmetn View Post
                      the piece of celestis is like the protective shield from the atlantis episode where sheppard shot mckay only the person wearing it can touch it
                      Nothing more has been said about it other than it's a piece of Celestis. There is nothing about only the wearer can touch or use it, that's only speculation. She was wearing it while she kissed Daniel & he had no ill effects from being shocked by any shield. Then near the end of the ep, they used the anti-prior device on her, neutralising her powers. Hence, if she controls the pendant through her minds, it wouldn't have mattered because she was out cold when Jackson zapped her anyhow.

As for the reference to Shep & McKay, watch 'Irresponsible' & you'll see, that's now been rectified 2 times over in the same ep about who can use it.

Spoilers for 'Irresponsible':

Spoiler:
                      Firstly Lucius doesn't have the ATA gene, so he got someone with the gene to activate it for him, then he used it.

The 2nd part is, that Shep took it from Lucius & used it to protect himself against Kolya's men at the end of the ep.

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
                        well they dont want to be fighting on two fronts especialy when the wraith are so powerful
                        That's true. Not even the Ancients could defeat the Wraith, so Orii foot soilders aren't very likely to do much better, even with their ships. In the end, they'd just give the Wraith more reason to feed on the Pegasus population and the people who convert them. The Orii wouldn't be a reason to make people convert when their own followers become lunch as they wouldn't be able to split their resources in two.

Best to just convert the Milky Way, defeat the Ancients then use their ascended powers to defeat the Wraith, that's if they can even find Pegasus because if the Ancients were shielding us, then who knows who else they would be protecting.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AGT58 View Post
                          Cool! I can't wait to see it! I've been mad ever since Col. Emerson died! I hope the new commander is as good as he was! Was anyone shown in the captain's chair or was it empty?

How is it stuck cloaked? I doubt it will be stuck cloaked forever, anyway, all they have to do is cut power, at least that's what I think they woud have to do.

Also, sorry for asking this in 3 different messages but I'm reading several threads at a time and I keep having more questions.

Is Daniel back to normal now? Will he be in the rest of the season? Is he back on SG-1 now??

AGT58
                          Spoiler:
                          Jackson was in the captains chair, that's it, and using Merlins knowledge and the ZPM he was able to cloak the ship so not even the Orii ships could detect it. However, Carter had no idea how he did it and once Jackson lost Merlins knowledge, he had no clue either.

Yes Jackson is normal and yes he's back in SG1

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rnwhocares View Post
                            The only pics (though not great, but better than nothing) I could find are by stargate_barbie in the S/J shipper thread: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=68996 (don't get your hopes up)
                            No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                            (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Wow, I'm surprised about that, I figured he was a prior for the rest of the season then he'd die in the movie. So Adria didn't make him a prior but Merlin's knowledge did? How was Adria fooled by that?

AGT58

Comment

At the end of the episode, was Daniel still in that yucky nasty prior make up?
                                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Working...
                                X