This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
    Season 7 and 8 were shippy? Not from where I was sitting, then again I don't seem to have the right sort of glasses.
    It's funny how it can be both not shippy and then too shippy to the exact same people.
    Name joining? Samanda? So Sam/Amanda arn't above it huh?
    I meant ship pairings.
    Anyway who cares? Michael Shanks just hit the big time! I am one very, very happy bunny.
    If you mean about the 24 thing...yup it looks cool. Congrats to Shanks.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
      If you mean about the 24 thing...yup it looks cool. Congrats to Shanks.
      I missed that, where is it mentioned?
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        I missed that, where is it mentioned?

This little site called GateWorld. I think the news broke on Michael Shanks Online.

I missed it too. <shrug> Don't often check out the news page here.

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

michaelshanksonline posted it first. i read it on a mailing list and gave darren the heads up - with a dozen other folks likely

good for MS. recurring on 24 has to beat the pants off Megasnake any day of the week
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Actually, if you want to get technical, I believe the "second original team" (a term I've come to despise btw) would be Colonel Makepeace, Major Carter, Teal'c and Daniel Jackson per Shades of Grey.
            Exactly.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

how DARE you let reality and logic get in the way of someone's wishful thinking

sigpic

Comment

And as for the chemistry...I agree there too. It's just off for me. Daniel for instance (even when he's not in ActionJackson mode) just doesn't seem as connected with the others and we're not being given a whole lot of genuine moments. Contrived ones...yes. Genuine ones...no. And yes we the online fans can see and feel the difference.

And I think the ratings serve as evidence at least in part that the general viewing audience weren't feeling the love either.
                Well stated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kit Kat Lady View Post
                  Okay, I get that flynn1959 is clearly not a Sam fan, but loves Vala and Daniel and believes that the show would be far stronger without Sam - everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Now hear's my two cents:

Sam has been a consistently written character certainly for the first 7 seasons of SG1 and for part of S8 as well - I wasn't impressed with the Pete storyline, but everyone is entitled to bad judgement.

I can't recall Sam ever whining, unlike Vala. Sam has lost her father, her closest friend and even then doesn't whine, and it's at times like that you would expect someone to feel sorry for themselves, but we don't even get the whining at this stage.

With regard to shipping I am firmly planted on the fence, if rammed down my throat in a series such as Stargate it offends me because I should be watching a sci-fi show and that is one of the big reasons I have disliked the Vaniel storyline (sorry that flynn1959 doesn't like this term, but it's so handy). However, if done properly it doesn't bother me, the shippers want to see ship where other people don't, fine not a problem.

SG1 as a five person team has never worked and I find it odd that you complain that people complain about Sam being a poorly written character who doesn't add anything to the show - why is it that it is Cam who has constantly led them into danger during S9/S10 and then not been concerned by his actions.

In pushing AT constantly to the sidelines the writers have missed an opportunity to use a very talented actress who has brought to life a solid female character who I can assure you is a role model to many people.

If people such as flynn1959 want to use someone like Vala as a role model, then hey that's great but personally I'd sooner look to someone who doesn't constantly throw herself at any passing man when she has disentangled herself from Daniel and also someone who knows the difference between right and wrong.

Blaming the SJ pairing is pointless as it has never been rammed down our throats and now supposedly it isn't there anymore it has forced the show to end, well hey if I wanted to I could find SJ moments in episodes from S9/S10 so I guess that it could still be there, but what's happening to the show now.

If I had to choose then I would sooner have SJ over VD any day of the week....

Elaine
                  Fantastic post! And ROTFLOL at that last line!

Comment

Originally posted by SionnachOghma View Post
                    Wait a minute - Jack and Sam under Gekko weren't silly? What show was I watching???

Unfortunately, I doubt we would be eagerly awaiting S11. After so long, it would have ended not long after S8. But it would have ended well. I still believe the S8 ending would have been a beautiful goodbye. I would have been sad to see it end, but it would have been a great last hoorah. As stands, the last ever ep airs tonight over here, and I can't wait for the ordeal to be over.

Vala could have been good if she'd been more like she was in PU, which I'm assuming took place before her character suffered some serious brain trauma we didn't witness.

Ah, I dunno. It could be the whole spirit of PU, but after watching that episode and knowing she'll be back for 5 (at teh time) episodes in season 9, I wasn't the happiest of people - I liked her much better at the beginning of season 9 than I did in PU, she felt way too muhc of a caricature there.
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

If I had to choose then I would sooner have SJ over VD any day of the week....
                      yep, although i hear a round of antibiotics will clear that VD up in a flash

sigpic

Comment

Not sure if i've posted on this before but anyway. For me Cam and Vala did not kill stargate SG1. For me SG1 was finished after season 8. The gouald had beendefeated, RDA had left. And for me Season 8 should of signalled the end of the era, and they should of either;

A - In SG1 season 8 finale have set up the new series [third series]
                        B - Got in Atlantis series 2 or 3 and done thesame as the above.

And then had Cam as the main characeter or leader of the team, had Vala go with him, and then add Jacko in as the leader like Weir. For me the way that Cam was going to work was him to be the head of a new series like Sheppard. For me that owuld of been much better, as it was never going ot be accept with new characters on a show that was built around

'RDA, Shanks, Taping and Judge'

For me Cam brought a good lease of liufe to the show in season 9 and 10. For me they are my favourite seasons but then iprefer the Ori and the faster pace of the show. And Vala also is a character who brought that/ For me its a shame they didn't put them as head of a new show.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          michaelshanksonline posted it first. i read it on a mailing list and gave darren the heads up - with a dozen other folks likely

good for MS. recurring on 24 has to beat the pants off Megasnake any day of the week
                          MegaSnake? Is MS making that movie? Does he produce it? I've missed that info somehow...
                          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

to the best of my knowledge, he's in it. but i could certainly be wrong. If i am, let me know and i'll edit the post. I know that he has a certain attraction towards the more B horror movies

yep, he's in it, according to imdb anyway

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0914813/

sigpic

Comment

So this megasnake any details on what its about?
                              sigpic

Comment

Fair enough, Stargate is over anyway and whether one bad character was responsible is neither here nor there anymore. Just hope all the Sam is a goodess crap stops too. Been there, seen that. You must admit that gets very old too.

Is it considered respectful to title a thread 'did Vala/Cam kill Stargate?'

Off to catch up on 24!
                                The thing is that the Sam is a goddess isn't crap as you put it. I happen to be a big Sam fan and a big Amanda fan - I do not see it that she can do no wrong, I've not always liked the storylines they have given but have watched them nonetheless.

However, my opinion is not crap as it is exactly that, my opinion. Your posts might garner better reactions from people if you phrased them differently. You are entitled to have the opinion of not liking Sam - hey I'm not keen on Daniel but I'm not about to start trivalising your obvious passion for him or Michael Shanks.

A title of a thread is not being disrespectful unless we called it "hell yeah, Vala/Cam killed Stargate" - this is where we can discuss those characters and the impact we feel they have had on the show, which for many has not been positive.

I actually find your reaction to Sam rather excessive to say the least, and at times with your choice of words, offensive. As I've said in previous posts, we can't all like someone and that's fine, but please do not insult me by saying my liking of a character is crap.

Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                X