huh?
    sigpic
    Spoiler:
    President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
    President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
    Forum Charmer
    Forum Ambassador
    Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

non sequitur...re: Baal and having a good agent . I should have quoted.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        non sequitur...re: Baal and having a good agent . I should have quoted.
        Ahhh... (dind't get it originally either).

You know, I don't think it's just the agent. Must be the accent, too. You jsut can';t give up a villain with that accent
        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
        Yes, I am!
        sigpic
        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

although he isn't british, he's south african
          sigpic
          Spoiler:
          Forum Charmer
          Forum Ambassador
          Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Yeah, I know. Still is a great villain accent. Hey, you guys didn't trade mark the "villain accent"
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

South Africa is Still under the British Commonwealth.

Anyway, It's you Americans who seem to make all your Heros American and all your Villians british, or at least with British Accents
              sigpic
              Spoiler:
              Forum Charmer
              Forum Ambassador
              Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                South Africa is Still under the British Commonwealth.

Anyway, It's you Americans who seem to make all your Heros American and all your Villians british, or at least with British Accents
                Whatever do you mean, "you Americans"? I live about 10,000 km from the American continent!

At any rate, you know, I'm watching British television,a dn I've noticed those shows also haev a tendency to have villauins with a British accent! (yes yes I'm being a smart ass, I know. Sorry. )
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                  Whatever do you mean, "you Americans"? I live about 10,000 km from the American continent!

At any rate, you know, I'm watching British television,a dn I've noticed those shows also haev a tendency to have villauins with a British accent! (yes yes I'm being a smart ass, I know. Sorry. )
                  Sorry for calling you an american, I've been talking to them all night here on gateworld and so accidentally assumed.

Anyway, British television has both the heros and villians having british accents while in america, instead of having both the hero and villan speaking American, tey have an American hero and british villan.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:
                  Forum Charmer
                  Forum Ambassador
                  Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

There are plenty of American TV shows and movies where Americans are the villains and I am sure there are plenty of British TV shows where Americans, Germans, Russians, Africans and others are the villains.

I am amused by the victim attitude and by the vilifying of other people that have done nothing to you. To bring this back on topic (somewhat) this is doublely amusing considering how many people here seem to think rudeness assault, and slavery are funny little character quarks for Vala and are more then willing to excuse her instead of having her thrown in jail where her earlier characterization warrents.

EDIT: to clarify that "rudeness" is not a reason to go to jail. If so most humans would be in jail. Its the theft, attempted murder, kidnaping, slavery that should keep her in jail. And the SGC should all be repremanded for extreem stupidity for allowing an obvious/admitted con artest/theif to so easily con them into giving her security clearance. It is quite laughable.... and not in a good way.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I wasn't specific enough in most american films I've seen (especially disney ones) you see the Villians as having British Accents.

And there are plenty of cases where the villians are foreign in british television.

Sorry if it looked like I was pointing the finger.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:
                      Forum Charmer
                      Forum Ambassador
                      Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

we make eupropeans villians quite a lot

Comment

I've nothign against Americans in general, I'm just not one. Sorry if it came across as if I meant it any other way.

As for Vala (and the topic...), if anything she shouldn't be allowed to stay in the SGC. The USAF is not the police force of the universe, and they have no jurisdiction over an alien, thus cannot send her to jail.
                          I'm, not saying she shoudl get presents for what she's done. But I can definitely see why they're keeping her, considering her daughter is the leader of the Orii armies - she might prove much more useful as an ally. And they dind't always pick up their allies on account of moral fiber - the Tok'Ra and the Jaffa did more than one thing the SGC didn't agree with, but they continued worign with them. I agree that between keeping her as an ally and let her join SG1, however, there's quite a rift.
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Sci-Fi you killed SG-1 television series. I will soon stop enjoying my weekly double dose of Stargate adventures because of you. GRR
                            You are the enemy.
                            Start promoting SGA more NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                              I've nothign against Americans in general, I'm just not one. Sorry if it came across as if I meant it any other way.

As for Vala (and the topic...), if anything she shouldn't be allowed to stay in the SGC. The USAF is not the police force of the universe, and they have no jurisdiction over an alien, thus cannot send her to jail.
                              I'm, not saying she shoudl get presents for what she's done. But I can definitely see why they're keeping her, considering her daughter is the leader of the Orii armies - she might prove much more useful as an ally. And they dind't always pick up their allies on account of moral fiber - the Tok'Ra and the Jaffa did more than one thing the SGC didn't agree with, but they continued worign with them. I agree that between keeping her as an ally and let her join SG1, however, there's quite a rift.
                              So they are not the police force of the universe. True so they cant arrest her for slavery and really need to leave the Goa'uld and Ori alone too unless they attack earth.

Put you are telling me they cant arrest her for stealing from earth, piracy for stealling the ship, attempted murder for leaving the crew on a deralict ship where they surely would die since earth has no other ships to go rescue them. Abduction and whats the crime for threatening to kill someone which is what she did with Daniel. She new the device would kill him if he didnt stay near her and she didnt bat an eye about putting it on him (note she didnt know it would kill her, otherwise she may have thought twice).

So they cant arrest people that commit crimes against them either. And now they have this criminal and she is useful but instead of doing the logical thing and locking her up the way they did Camulas (someone who commited no crime directly against the SGC BTW) they just let her run free and give her a security clearance. Even though she admits to being a con artist/theif.

How exactly do they know shes not conning them now? In fact, I think the uber innocent, "let me get as close to Daniel Jackson as possible" act just smacks of con artistry. Its sad that TPTB are too shallow to take it that way, because then at least it would be interesting and make sense. Although, it still makes all the SGC people look like goobers for falling for it. But then Coop does apparently think (as he said something to the affect) that the show is about a bunch of screw ups. And if they are screw ups and Landry is really as dense as he appears sometimes then I guess they would fall for the con.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                                So they are not the police force of the universe. True so they cant arrest her for slavery and really need to leave the Goa'uld and Ori alone too unless they attack earth.

Put you are telling me they cant arrest her for stealing from earth, piracy for stealling the ship, attempted murder for leaving the crew on a deralict ship where they surely would die since earth has no other ships to go rescue them. Abduction and whats the crime for threatening to kill someone which is what she did with Daniel. She new the device would kill him if he didnt stay near her and she didnt bat an eye about putting it on him (note she didnt know it would kill her, otherwise she may have thought twice).

So they cant arrest people that commit crimes against them either. And now they have this criminal and she is useful but instead of doing the logical thing and locking her up the way they did Camulas (someone who commited no crime directly against the SGC BTW) they just let her run free and give her a security clearance. Even though she admits to being a con artist/theif.

How exactly do they know shes not conning them now? In fact, I think the uber innocent, "let me get as close to Daniel Jackson as possible" act just smacks of con artistry. Its sad that TPTB are too shallow to take it that way, because then at least it would be interesting and make sense. Although, it still makes all the SGC people look like goobers for falling for it. But then Coop does apparently think (as he said something to the affect) that the show is about a bunch of screw ups. And if they are screw ups and Landry is really as dense as he appears sometimes then I guess they would fall for the con.

That's one things (yes 1 of many) that really didn't make sense to me. They went through all the trouble to bring in a big name to play this characerter, and then they make him make him look like the biggest fool on Earth (mabe even the galaxy)
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X