X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Watch what you wish for.
    Indeed. There might be one already.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

in episode "Family Ties"
      Spoiler:
      Sam said "The Truth is the Stargate program just doesn't get the support it used to ,form the people in charge", It seems Sam was not able to detect the cloaked cargo ship on Earth as fast as she could due to SGC 's resource .

I don't get it?

What is more important than looking for
      Spoiler:
      an Alien ship with weapon of mass destruction on Earth?

I am sure Sam should get all the orbital satellite detection resource,her mission is a lot more important than something like spying on North Korea.

consider the Current danger of Earth within Milkyway
      The Ori army is still a threat ,with Ori army's new ship re-enforcement , the Ori may or may not been destory.
      The Jaffa nation is unstable
      The Lucian Alliance is still making trouble
      Baa'l and his clone ,and the Trust is out there

General Jack O'Neil and/or General Hammond is still important people of the Homeworld security ,IOA's Richard Woolsey is not as anti-SGC as he used to .
      They should be on SG1's side

So Why would SGC not getting all the support they used to?

I know it is the last season of SG1 , and but most of the danger is still out there.
      Senator Fish cut SGC's funding by 70% and diverted them to BC-304 's onstruction.But since the Ori army had invaded Milkyway, most of the politian must realize their past mistake.

The Atlantis project probably got a lot more support ,but they are in the other galaxy , with the mid way station and Daedulas, and probably many human resource are diverted to SGA.SGA team is far far away. Wraith and Asuran is a threat .

But still SGC is protecting Milkyway and Earth , the homeworld of IOA,and USA.

Are the IOA and the politian from washington trying to punish SGC for some of their screw up?
      Like the loss of Prometheus,
      the re-opening of Supergate which led to the arrival of Ori army's re-enforment
      The Battle of P3Y-229 ,the loss of Korolev
      The Ori plague
      Daniel's discovery led the Ori into our galaxy
      Last edited by ckwongau; 03 March 2007, 02:35 AM.

Comment

You're taking it too seriously. It was actually a jab at the Sci Fi network. Notice that Vala's father then asks why not and Dr. Lee screams Eureka in the background which is a reference to Sci Fi's new show which it has been "giving support to" since it has been getting good ratings. Right after that, Vala's father follows up with: "That's too bad because after all the Stargate program has accomplished for this network of planets, I'd think the decision makers would show it the respect it deserves." The 'network of planets' part is code for the Sci Fi network and 'the decision makers' is code for Sci fi's management.

Comment

Hey I didn't think it in that way, very clever thinking!
          and Cool btw
          Feel free to check my homepage (sorry its finnish): Atrain Design

Comment

I'm surprised TPTBs at Sci-fi let them do that !

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
              I'm surprised TPTBs at Sci-fi let them do that !
              What are they going to do? Cancel the show twice?

And it was said in early Season 9 that the US Government was taking funds and resources away from Stargate Command and putting it into the construction of BC-304's. Hence why the IOA was formed, to give the SGC the funding it needed and have a say in how it's operated.
              sigpic
              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Lol cancel it twice

But I imagine not all the government knows about it and the senate and the judges are complaining about what they think are stupid black ops missions.

Comment

There are actually several oblique references to the cancellation in Ep 18. One being Siler and Mitchell are walking down a corridor in the opening scene discussing the cancellation of a "show" Mitchell says "They cancelled it, really?"

I don't know if this is one, but Vala's father gave her a "boot"

One other that came up is the reference to "Virginia" which is a common topic in conventions.

I have rather enjoyed the last half of the season. Some of the best shows ever in my opinion. Dark and edgier

Comment

i am watching the repeat. my dad has only just realised what that conversation meant. i told him it was a dig at sci fi and he said he had been wondering what the hell they were on about. lol
                    Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                    sigpic
                    sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by Team SG-1*save the show* View Post
                      i am watching the repeat. my dad has only just realised what that conversation meant. i told him it was a dig at sci fi and he said he had been wondering what the hell they were on about. lol
                      LOL They sure are mad at them arent they!

Comment

My only concern is that this could hurt the future third series since like someone joked at cancelling the show twice. I hope it dosent but I'm afraid it could hurt the next series.

Comment

That's assuming that the third series will be on Sci Fi

Comment

I don't know if it's just me but..

They referenced the Cancelation multiple times.

I mean at the very begining, Siler and Mitchell were talking about a show getting canceled. then the Stargate program being under funded and unappapreciated for all the work they did for the "network of planets"

And then the end. well i doubt that had anythign to do with it but hey... I'll link it up to this... Scifi is pushing things to be about sex, like in my opinion BSG is alot of sex, which idont have a problem with, but well I dont watch it anymore because its been all sex. But Teal'c doesnt want to hear about your vagingo, but hes gonna sit there and deal with it. much like SG1 doesnt want to be all sex, but BSG was on right after it and they had to sit there and deal with it. haha I linked it...
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Well you aren't the only one who picked up on it for sure but i don't think the vagina monologue bit was anything to do with the cancelation. more rather i think it was because amanda tapping is doing the show at the minute.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                                Well you aren't the only one who picked up on it for sure but i don't think the vagina monologue bit was anything to do with the cancelation. more rather i think it was because amanda tapping is doing the show at the minute.
                                lol well i was joking about that. but "shes doing the show at the minute"? is that a reference to SGA or what? im confused.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Working...
                                X