Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Ori have intergalactic Hyperdrives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    i would assume they don't. perhaps the size of their ships means they can't.
    Don't think size matter's.

Spoilers from 'SGA No Mans Land' below.

Spoiler:
    If the 2 Wraith Hive ships were going to the MW in a 11KM Hive Ship, it shouldn't be a Problem for a Ori Curser.

Also, Atlantis is the Biggest Ship in the SG world and yet it could also travel intergalactic

Spoilers from SG-1 'Unending' below.

Spoiler:
    3 Ori Cursers find the Odyssey in the Ida Galaxy. Ida is in another Galaxy therefore Ori do have Intergalactic Hyperdrive
    Last edited by VSHARMA; 22 April 2007, 06:28 AM.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
      well since going to the asgard galaxy i would say they do since they seem to be matching the oddessy hyperdrive speeds when using the zpm or the core
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
        Spoiler:
        well since going to the asgard galaxy i would say they do since they seem to be matching the oddessy hyperdrive speeds when using the zpm or the core
        You hit the nail on the head.
        Spoiler:
        Also since they were able to track the Odyssey through hyperspace with the Asgard improvements tied into the hyperdrive that implies that they also have much more powerful sensors. Since they come out of hyperspace shortly after the odyssey exits then it likely goes at least that fast maybe even faster. My question is that if that is the case then why didn't the Ori send their ships via hyperspace? Could it be that their galaxy is simply too far away to feasibly reach via their current hyperspace technology?

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
          Also, Atlantis is the Biggest Ship in the SG world and yet it could also travel intergalactic
          I thought Hiveships were far larger. Atlantis is Manhattan-sized, and Hives are small-country-sized.
          sigpic
          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
          ~David Hewlett

Comment

11 km is not a country.

Well, ok, maybe the TINIEST countries, which are smaller than some cities.

Comment

True...

Though i would love to see how one of the gou'ald motherships (like anubis had) stands up to a hive..

Comment

Working...
              X