This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    RDA is, if anything, hotter as he gets older. And i say this aas a person who's been fortunate enough to meet him in person and sit next to him at the Avalon convention.

He may not have the sculpted 'hot body' that is promoted as handsome...but i find that he has a kind of beauty that's far more than skin deep. There is a kindness in his heart and a warmth in his voice and a generosity of spirit that transends simple outer good looks...and lasts a heck of a lot longer too.
    I totally agree, Sky. He looks mighty fine to me. This picture was taken at Avalon in November...

sigpic

Comment

yep. i have about 30+ megs of such gorgous pics.

I didn't see a 'saggy faced old man'....i saw one hell of a cutie who snurched a cookie and seemed to have a blast finally getting to meet some of his fans.

It also made me realize just how much of 'jack' is really rick. the baggy pants (on friday he wore baggy cargo khaki pants and a black shirt...vintage jack straight out of eps like smoke and mirrors). the unruly hair, the twinkling eyes, the self-effacing humor and a level of shyness that was really quite endearing.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm not in to the whole Soul Mate thing and I can see it.
        Even Kensey could see there was something there

Sam and Jack are perfect for each other.

Vala and Daniel I could see geting together as well.
        Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
        Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
        new enemy of the Ori
        At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

what i think, having seen rick and amanda together, i think what grew into sam and jack on the screen was two individuals who are good friends and are comfortable with each other in person. and that carried over on the screen and created two characters that have a lot of chemistry with each other.

sigpic

Comment

And the PTB used it to the hilt too! Season 4 in particular was rife with S/J ship...Had the series ended with season 8 and "going fishing" it would have been a fitting ending. However, since it didn't end, a whole lotta shippers are waiting for their "payoff" for ten years of sometimes not so patient waiting.
            sigpic

Comment

well when i saw him in 200 i was a little surprised that it did seem like he did age a little more then he looked in season 8

200 spolier (pic) http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/...200th0691.html

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                Yeah they're alright but they're hardly soul mates.
                I disagree. Througout all 10 seasons I have always thought they were meant for each other. I actually do consider them soulmates.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
                  Dude. RDA is freaking gorgeous. Old or not. He's not running around saving the universe anymore, did you expect him to lose weight? I'd be his trophy wife any day!
                  For real! I have loved that man for over 20 years.....I would still climb that tree!!!!!!! He looks fabulous.

sigpic
                  www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                  Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
                    For real! I have loved that man for over 20 years.....I would still climb that tree!!!!!!! He looks fabulous.
                    My wife would agree with you!
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      My wife would agree with you!
                      She has excellent taste

sigpic
                      www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                      Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by suzziq1 View Post
                        I feel bad cos ...well lets face it, old RDA is loooking old and chubby - I was a shipper but not any more - he is too old for sam now....anyway thats my thoughts.......and i feel sad!!

an ex shipper ( mind you her and baal seem good together.....)
                        Don't forget that RDA is nearly sixty years old and I for one think he still looks pretty good for a man of that age. Like millions of other people I never saw anything at all between O'Neill and Carter but don't let that stop you shipping them in your own mind.

Remember that Carter is pushing fifty too so they are quite a good match age wise, they could retire together and raise a few dogs, at least in fan fic or peoples imaginations.
                        sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Carter is more along the line of 40. but that's cool because Jack was born in 1952

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            Carter is more along the line of 40. but that's cool because Jack was born in 1952
                            Wasn't Carter born in 1969 ? "Entity" ?

Comment

Originally posted by nihela View Post
                              Wasn't Carter born in 1969 ? "Entity" ?
                              yep.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suzziq1 View Post
                                I feel bad cos ...well lets face it, old RDA is loooking old and chubby - I was a shipper but not any more - he is too old for sam now....anyway thats my thoughts.......and i feel sad!!

an ex shipper ( mind you her and baal seem good together.....)

Good luck shipping Sam and Ba'al, although I think you'll a magnififying glass and whole lot of imagination to see anything between them.

Rick is still one heck of a fine looking man, IMO. My dad is 55 and you should see him; makes Rick look like Adonis. Funny thing, though, my mom still loves him.

Comment

Working...
                                X