Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wonder how the Nox are dealing with the Ori.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure they're originally from this galaxy - as biologically advanced as they are (somewhere closer to ascension than humans), you'd expect they're more than a million years old - but if they originated in this galaxy, they can't be because all life were destroyed in thsi galaxy when the Ancients re-created life.

As for what they're doing... probably hiding their hand in th sand, as always. *imagines a PRior Nox.*
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Until proven otherwise, the Nox are from the MW. there has been ZERO to suggest otherwise

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
        Until proven otherwise, the Nox are from the MW. there has been ZERO to suggest otherwise
        Yup yup
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Does anyone know how long ago it was since the Ancients used the Dakara weapon to reseed life? Because if it was only ten thousand years ago or something, then the Nox would most likely have originated elsewhere.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
            I'm not sure they're originally from this galaxy - as biologically advanced as they are (somewhere closer to ascension than humans), you'd expect they're more than a million years old - but if they originated in this galaxy, they can't be because all life were destroyed in thsi galaxy when the Ancients re-created life.

As for what they're doing... probably hiding their hand in th sand, as always. *imagines a PRior Nox.*
            I agree. They are elikely from a galaxy far far away.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ascendedancient42 View Post
              What if they accepted the Ori as gods? *Shivers* (I think that one's nightmare worthy)

The question would then be, what's more important, pacifism or obediently killing everybody the prior tells them to?
              I doubt they will. I seriously can't imagine them believing the Ori are gods.

Comment

The Nox are either in hiding still, and have managed to not be discovered by the Ori. Or, they are destroyed and we just don't know it yet. One thing is for sure though, I don't think there is any way they have changed their ways, not even to save themselves.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by unknown.entity View Post
                  Does anyone know how long ago it was since the Ancients used the Dakara weapon to reseed life? Because if it was only ten thousand years ago or something, then the Nox would most likely have originated elsewhere.
                  It was most probably before leaving for Pegasus. What, they built the device, then left for Pegasus, leaving a few immune people behind? And then millions of years later, said immune people use the weapon?

Besides, the Ancient race was dead in the Milky Way 10,000 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    The Nox are either in hiding still, and have managed to not be discovered by the Ori. Or, they are destroyed and we just don't know it yet. One thing is for sure though, I don't think there is any way they have changed their ways, not even to save themselves.
                    Whats up Fifth?

I agree. Although wouldn't it make for a nice little twist if they came out of their shell and became all war-like. Not neccessaril going to war but giving plans to and know how to make some really cool stuff.

Only because the Furling came to help and the Asgard assisted in us signing 'The Great Alliance Treaty'. Then we find out that is what the Asgard have been up to.
                    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*

Comment

Originally posted by DetriusXii View Post
                      If they originated in the Milky Way, then why don't they have a population reflects how old they are, why don't they have more than one world and have mining operations to acquire resources. They have a floating city on their planet, but surely they would have had groundbased structures if that was there homeworld and lots of commercial traffic. If they originated in the MW, they would have likely been an Ancient startup race but from all the other races we've seen that we're Ancient startup races in the MW, none of them can construct a Stargate. The Nox can. And none of them have a floating city. The nox do. There's a significant timeline difference between the Nox and any of the other races in the Milky Way.

Well, I'm guessing as far as population goes, I mean, the Nox don't seem like they go boom boom in the zoom zoom that much. I mean, how old is the eldest Nox guy again? Like, 480? Probably not too much of touching no no parts going on in Noxville
                      Jack (Addressing Teal'c): You're so.....shallow!
                      Daniel: Oh please, Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know, I mean, he's so deep! Come on, tell them how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                      Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this converstation.
                      Daniel: OH! You see!?
                      Jack: No more beer for you.

Bring back SG-1 on SciFi, or the terrorists win.

Comment

i dont see why they cant build defensive weapons other than a cloak the weapons will be doing the killing not them, just like when that nox claoked the ion canon for tollan and yet they still fired it to destroy the hatak

plus i think the nox already know about the ori since a alliance is to share things with one another and if not that they would not get involved if they see armies and proirs on their planet
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                          i dont see why they cant build defensive weapons other than a cloak the weapons will be doing the killing not them, just like when that nox claoked the ion canon for tollan and yet they still fired it to destroy the hatak

plus i think the nox already know about the ori since a alliance is to share things with one another and if not that they would not get involved if they see armies and proirs on their planet
                          Lya merely hid the weapon. She did not fire it.

While they don't seem to have any problem aiding their friends in combat, they will never actively partake in an action that would harm others, such as firing off weapons.

Comment

And that the key they can aide us in building wicked weapons, as long as they do not fire them then they are not breaking their rules, although may be the nox could think more like by them not doing anything to help out they causing more harm than good and by them destroying the ori it would cause good than bad and thus balance it all out. I do not know but it be good way think.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK View Post
                              Whats up Fifth?

I agree. Although wouldn't it make for a nice little twist if they came out of their shell and became all war-like. Not neccessaril going to war but giving plans to and know how to make some really cool stuff.

Only because the Furling came to help and the Asgard assisted in us signing 'The Great Alliance Treaty'. Then we find out that is what the Asgard have been up to.
                              I don't think they would even do that. I bet that like Fith said that they likely wouldn't even defend themselves against the Ori much less us.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                I don't think they would even do that. I bet that like Fith said that they likely wouldn't even defend themselves against the Ori much less us.
                                You never know how they will react when it comes down to the Ori ships bblasting on their planet. For all we know they do have weapons protecting themselfs. They just haven't had to use them in a couple of million years. Maybe theya re like that cute little furry animal that turns all huge when you get it mad.

I am sure with the Nocx being a part of the great alliance that they do have some sense of war politics going on in their heads and they do realise that they can't hide forever. It isn't like we are talking about the Qua'uld here. For all we know they have already been warned about the Ori except they were called Alterans then.

Comment

Working...
                                X