Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right so if the show was going to go on longer maybe they writer would have Daniel finally ascend on his own and learn all that Knowledge. He the could help the Milky way. If the Ancients step in and kick him he would not lose that information because he got it on his own.
    May the force be with you

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
      Oma and Anubis didn't cancel each other out, they're "fighting" each other.
      They're fighting each other... i.e cancelling each other out. They are stuck in an endless battle against each other.
      DANIEL: "No. No, ascension doesn't make you all-knowing. I mean, I really…don't know."
      I didn't say they were all knowing. I said they had access to infinite knowledge. Like we have access to the internet, even though we have access to it, we don't know everything on the internet.
      You didn't say that he retained all the knowledge. Either way it doesn't matter since if ascended beings have infinite knowledge then Merlin would have retained infinite knowledge and that's not possible.
      Yes I didn't say he retained all the knowledge, but in your reply you implied that I did say it. So I simply argued according to your assumption in order to prevent having to prove myself once again. But now you are contradicting your previous reply by saying I didn't say it.

Why is it not possible that Merlin retained infinite knowledge? He was an advanced human close to ascension. Who knows how that could work... They might have some kind of link with the ascended plane while still remaining mortal. I don't know, its just speculation, but I don't have to prove that point since Morgan Le Fay already confirmed that he retained all the knowledge he had when he was ascended. I have also previously posted a quote that confirms that ascended beings have access to infinite knowledge. So this implies that Merlin had access to infinite knowledge I guess...
      If they had infinite knowledge then they could make it so that the device only affects the Ancients. They could also descend, use the weapon to destroy all ascended beings, and then ascend again.
      It's already been stated in the show that once you descend, you cannot ascend again without the help of another ascended being.
      sigpic

Comment

Why hasn't the Ori just used a time machine and gone back in time and conquered everyone in the Universe?
        My Story:
        http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44
          Why hasn't the Ori just used a time machine and gone back in time and conquered everyone in the Universe?
          Because of the Grandfather paradox, if they went back in time to conquer everyone, the future wouldn't result in the ori being how they were to need to go back in time to conquer everyone. That reads back confusing;

Its like Sam said in 1969, if you went back in time and killed your grandfather you'd cease to exist in the future, but what she left out is that if you went back in time and killed your grandfather you would cease to exist, but then there wouldn't be a future you to actually travel back in time and kill your grandfather. Its an unavoidable paradox.

Although I love the use of time travel in sci fic, I'm sorry to say that it travelling back in time is feasically impossible. travelling forward in time is possible but only if you are a non sentient being, because then you are not able to understand or comprehend what has happened around you, and with out your presence, therefore you do not affect the space time continuum. Humans can only travel forward in time, as long as they return to EXACTLY the millisecond they left and have their memory COMPLETELY wiped of ANYTHING that happened in that experience, otherwise they would catastrophically effect things in an unimaginable way. So basically if you are a non-sentient being you could maybe travel forward in time. Time travel is only available to the un-consciouss universe.

sorry to put a dampener on things

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by tommiekins
            Although I love the use of time travel in sci fic, I'm sorry to say that it travelling back in time is feasically impossible. travelling forward in time is possible but only if you are a non sentient being, because then you are not able to understand or comprehend what has happened around you, and with out your presence, therefore you do not affect the space time continuum. Humans can only travel forward in time, as long as they return to EXACTLY the millisecond they left and have their memory COMPLETELY wiped of ANYTHING that happened in that experience, otherwise they would catastrophically effect things in an unimaginable way. So basically if you are a non-sentient being you could maybe travel forward in time. Time travel is only available to the un-consciouss universe.

sorry to put a dampener on things
            And you know this how? Did you invent time travel when we were not looking? Truth is you just pulled that out of your ass and you really have no idea what you are talking about, no one does. No one at least no one on this planet has any idea if time travel is possible or how it would work if it was. All we have are theories, speculation, best guesses. So until we are technologically advanced enough to make time travel a possibility or disproove it, please stop trying to present your opinions as fact.
            SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

looool too funny

here we go

Both sides have infinite knowledge because they are both ascended.
              that is what u have said unknown.entity ..and dont deny it...
              now Giantevilhead has proven that Ascended beings are not all powerful and all knowing --> THEY DONT HAVE INFINITE KNOWLEDGE !!!!!!!

still you are trying :

I didn't say they were all knowing. I said they had access to infinite knowledge.
              You involve yourself in contradictions!

Just because !!!Anubis!!! said ascended beings are all knowing, it is not necessarily true, primarily because Daniel said otherwise in season 6 !
              And I prefer to believe Daniel on this one.

How can anyone know everything there is? It just not possible, the ORI and the Ancients have a huge knowledge about the universe but only because they are very old and were very advanced when they ascended.
              They are experimenting on us again

Click here for video file with sound

Comment

Originally posted by veX
                "Both sides have infinite knowledge because they are both ascended."

that is what u have said unknown.entity ..and dont deny it...
                now Giantevilhead has proven that Ascended beings are not all powerful and all knowing --> THEY DONT HAVE INFINITE KNOWLEDGE !!!!!!!

still you are trying :

"I didn't say they were all knowing. I said they had access to infinite knowledge."

You involve yourself in contradictions!
                My original post said this:

"The Ori have access to the infinite knowledge of the universe whereas the Ancients only had access to finite knowledge (since they weren't ascended)."

Forgive me for not maintaining consistency by continually saying "access to...", what do you expect! I had to continually refer to it, I was bound to forget to include it when expressing a bigger point. If you read all my posts, I have only made that mistake ONCE, possibly twice, out of the other 10+ times. I can't believe you couldn't understand the point I was conveying just because I make one small error, especially when the majority of other posts made it clear I was referring to the Ori having "access to" infinite knowledge.

Just because !!!Anubis!!! said ascended beings are all knowing, it is not necessarily true, primarily because Daniel said otherwise in season 6!
                And I prefer to believe Daniel on this one.
                If you watch that episode again, you will realise that Anubis had no reason to lie about it. It wouldn't make Daniel feel any better if he had lied in that particular scene.

And again what Daniel said has nothing to do with what im saying. They have ACCESS to infinite knowledge.

How can anyone know everything there is? It just not possible, the ORI and the Ancients have a huge knowledge about the universe but only because they are very old and were very advanced when they ascended.
                It's already a fact that once you become ascended, you gain knowledge. Read Morgan Le Fay's quote again... it confirms it.

"Merlin retained all of the knowledge he had gained while he was ascended, as well as many powers. Knowledge and powers he used to create a weapon capable of wiping Ascended Beings from existence."
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1
                  And you know this how? Did you invent time travel when we were not looking? Truth is you just pulled that out of your ass and you really have no idea what you are talking about, no one does. No one at least no one on this planet has any idea if time travel is possible or how it would work if it was. All we have are theories, speculation, best guesses. So until we are technologically advanced enough to make time travel a possibility or disproove it, please stop trying to present your opinions as fact.
                  Jeez, don't take it so seriously. Pretty much everything in a forum, and everything to do with things like time travel that have no proof either way are stated in that persons own opinion. So I don't see why I should put IMO before every post. Besides aren't all theories IMO anyway? Thats simply my theory on time travel, i'll admit, it was written in a bit of a factual sense, but quite frankly, at least I have backed up what I've stated, probably not in a completely understandable way but I've tried putting my thoughts down, which isn't easy over a keyboard.

So before you go on about how all I'm doing is "pulling stuff out of my arse", perhaps you could come up with a more convincing argument? Present me with theories contradicting mine, and I'll either scrap mine, if more convincing theories come along, or mould mine around it. A forum is for discussing is it not?

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Working...
                  X