This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tommiekins
    We then have to assume that the Ori had an equal if not greater level of knowledge that the Ancients had...
    There is no need to "assume" that the Ori have an equal/greater level of knowledge than the Ancients did since its already a fact.

The Ori have access to the infinite knowledge of the universe whereas the Ancients only had access to finite knowledge (since they weren't ascended). So it should be obvious that the Ori are more advanced. It is impossible for ANY race to be more advanced than the Ori unless they are also ascended or are getting their knowledge from an ascended being.

Why do people keep thinking the Ancients are equal with the Ori?! It has already been proven that they are not!
    sigpic

Comment

The technology they use is technology they had before they ascended.

Lantian tech is, in many ways, more modern and advanced than Ori technology. And Lantian technology is the highest reachable level of tech before ascending.

In other words, you can't get more advanced than Lantians, and Ori tech is slighty less advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown.entity
        There is no need to "assume" that the Ori have an equal/greater level of knowledge than the Ancients did since its already a fact.

The Ori have access to the infinite knowledge of the universe whereas the Ancients only had access to finite knowledge (since they weren't ascended). So it should be obvious that the Ori are more advanced. It is impossible for ANY race to be more advanced than the Ori unless they are also ascended or are getting their knowledge from an ascended being.

Why do people keep thinking the Ancients are equal with the Ori?! It has already been proven that they are not!
        since when? for starters the Ancients were the ones that "believed in Science", henceforth before they ascended they dedicated themselves to having as much knowledge about science and technology therefore it stands to reason that the Ori could have been no more technologically advanced than the ancients before they ascended. Especially since they are both of the same race and were preogressing at an equal level before the alterans left the galaxy came to the milky way and became the ancients as we know them. Therefore BEFORE ascension we can only assume that the Ori and ancients were pretty much equal with one another on a knowledge basis.

and since when aren't the ancients ascended? Both the Ori and Ancients are now ascended, therefore they BOTH have access to the SAME knowledge available to them as ascended beings. Therefore we can't say that either the Ori or the Ancients are more advanced than one another.

Spoiler:
        Remember it is the Ori followers that are invading the MW, not the ori themselves. The only reason the invaders are kicking everyones arse in the MW is because the Ori have no problem about using their ascended knowledge in the lower plains, therefore they have incorporated this knowledge into the ships giving them a HUGE advantage over anything currently existing in the MW as none of these have ascended knowledge incorporated.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

I think that's the point.
          Current Ori tech>Ancient tech. Their power at ascension means nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
            The technology they use is technology they had before they ascended.
            Err... and where are you getting this information from? Why would the Ori be using technology from before they ascended? That doesn't even make sense.
            Lantian tech is, in many ways, more modern and advanced than Ori technology. And Lantian technology is the highest reachable level of tech before ascending.
            Just because they were the most advanced race we knew before we met the Ori doesn't mean that "Lantian tech is more modern and advanced than Ori technology". That whole statement is ridiculous and has no proof to back it up. And it wasn't the "highest reachable level of tech before ascending", it was the highest level of technology they had before they had to flee from the Wraith.
            In other words, you can't get more advanced than Lantians, and Ori tech is slighty less advanced.
            Uh...Yeah you can...its called having access to infinite knowledge.

"Ori tech is slightly less advanced"??? How about explaining WHY?! Everything you said cannot be proven.

It has already been confirmed on Stargate that the ascended beings have access to the infinite knowledge of the universe, in other words, it is impossible for any other race to have more knowledge than them. Do you know what INFINITE means???
            sigpic

Comment

Uh...Yeah you can...its called having access to infinite knowledge.
              They don't have access to infinite knowledge, Oma said as much

OMA: The universe is vast and we are so small. There is only one thing we can truly control.

DANIEL: What's that?

OMA: Whether we are good or evil.

The fact that the universe is infinite, the ancients biggest philosophy, shows that they can't know everything. The meaning of infinite is that no one know how much there really is, even ascended beings, they just have a greater understanding and amount of knowledge.
              Last edited by tommiekins; 27 August 2006, 12:38 PM.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

Comment

since when? for starters the Ancients were the ones that "believed in Science", henceforth before they ascended they dedicated themselves to having as much knowledge about science and technology therefore it stands to reason that the Ori could have been no more technologically advanced than the ancients before they ascended. Especially since they are both of the same race and were preogressing at an equal level before the alterans left the galaxy came to the milky way and became the ancients as we know them. Therefore BEFORE ascension we can only assume that the Ori and ancients were pretty much equal with one another on a knowledge basis.
                It doesn't matter how advanced the Ori were before they ascended! They could have been farmers for all I care. Once you ascend, it doesn't matter how technologically advanced you were previously since you gain access to INFINITE knowledge. I.e you gain access to knowledge on how to build technology that is PERFECT IN EVERY WAY!
                ...and since when aren't the ancients ascended? Both the Ori and Ancients are now ascended, therefore they BOTH have access to the SAME knowledge available to them as ascended beings. Therefore we can't say that either the Ori or the Ancients are more advanced than one another.
                Maybe if you read my post more carefully you will see I was refering to the "non-ascended" Ancients:

"The Ori have access to the infinite knowledge of the universe whereas the Ancients only had access to finite knowledge (since they weren't ascended)"

Of course the Ascended Ancients have access to equal knowledge as the Ori. I never denied that. I actually pointed that out myself:

"It is impossible for ANY race to be more advanced than the Ori unless they are also ascended or are getting their knowledge from an ascended being."

We only have access to the technology built by the Ancients before they ascended, so there is no point discussing how advanced the "ascended" Ancients are.
                Spoiler:
                Remember it is the Ori followers that are invading the MW, not the ori themselves. The only reason the invaders are kicking everyones arse in the MW is because the Ori have no problem about using their ascended knowledge in the lower plains, therefore they have incorporated this knowledge into the ships giving them a HUGE advantage over anything currently existing in the MW as none of these have ascended knowledge incorporated.
                Yeah... that's what I was pointing out. There is no other non-ascended race out there that can be more advanced than the Ori.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah... that was what I pointing out. There is no other non-ascended race out there that can be more advanced than the Ori.
                  Why argue my point in the first place then? because in my very first post in this thread thats what I said.

The Aschen wouldn't stand a chance, nor would the tollan, neither of them were advanced in evolution status compared to the priors or the Ori, they only really have a higher level of understanding of technology. So they would be able to put up a better fight than us or the langarans for example, but eventually they would sucumb. Even the Asgard have said they've only scratched the surface on the level of technology and knowledge the Ancients achieved before they ascended, and the asgards are probably one of the most advanced race in ours, and surrounding galaxies,

Spoiler:
                  even they didn't have much of an effect against the Ori ships in season nine finale
                  We then have to assume that the Ori had an equal if not greater level of knowledge that the Ancients had, and seeing as they don't disagree with interfering they are going to incorporate ascended knowledge with the followers ships e.t.c.
                  I said that no technology currently existing is as advanced as the ori's followers because they have incorporated ascended knowledge into the ships,
                  Spoiler:
                  not even the asgard had an effect. and they are the most likely to.
                  Last edited by tommiekins; 27 August 2006, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Why argue my point in the first place then? because in my very first post in this thread thats what I said.

I said that no technology currently existing is as advanced as the ori's because they have incorporated ascended knowledge into the ships,
                    Spoiler:
                    not even the asgard had an effect.
                    I never denied everything you said about the Tollan, Asgard, etc. I was arguing that there was no need to "assume" the Ori were more powerful since it was already a fact.

In the show, they have stated that ascended beings have access to infinite knowledge. So there is no need to "assume" that the Ori are more powerful since it has already been established that they are.
                    The Aschen wouldn't stand a chance, nor would the tollan, neither of them were advanced in evolution status compared to the priors or the Ori, they only really have a higher level of understanding of technology. So they would be able to put up a better fight than us or the langarans for example, but eventually they would sucumb. Even the Asgard have said they've only scratched the surface on the level of technology and knowledge the Ancients achieved before they ascended, and the asgards are probably one of the most advanced race in ours, and surrounding galaxies,
                    Spoiler:
                    even they didn't have much of an effect against the Ori ships in season nine finale
                    . We then have to assume that the Ori had an equal if not greater level of knowledge that the Ancients had, and seeing as they don't disagree with interfering they are going to incorporate ascended knowledge with the followers ships e.t.c.
                    My point was that there was no need to talk about all that stuff about how the "Aschen, Asgard, Tollan have limited knowledge and how the Asgard have only scratched the surface of Ancient knowledge... etc" just to come to the conclusion that it is safe to "assume" that the Ori are more advanced. It was already a fact and didn't need to be "assumed" or persuaded into believing through talk about Asgard only scratching the surface of Ancient tech, etc.
                    sigpic

Comment

In the show, they have stated that ascended beings have access to infinite knowledge.
                      Would that be the one guest starring Elvis?

Comment

Originally posted by Tekin_Kashami
                        In the show, they have stated that ascended beings have access to infinite knowledge.
                        Would that be the one guest starring Elvis?

Stargate SG-1 Season 8 Episode 18:

"You gave up eternal enlightenment - all the knowledge and power of the universe."
                        sigpic

Comment

"You gave up eternal enlightenment - all the knowledge and power of the universe."
                          While that was said, ascendeds don't know everything there is to know. That's been stated previously on the show. The universe is too vast to truly know everything. I wouldn't say that they don't know more than any other being we've ever encountered before (because they do), just that a complete understanding of everything is impossible.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yes, the character that said that is so known for his honesty and wisdom. I mean it's not like Anubis or something.

Comment

xP The Aschen should make Adria sterile. And Adria become sterile will affect her many abilities..... hehe that would be so funny and cool.
                              Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Doh, Daniel knew the fate of Elvis and couldn't tell us because he was Ascended. Maybe it was that revelation that Replicarter could not fathom the depths of when she probed his mind.

Seriously, though, the Aschen couldn't hold a candle to the Ori. They may have helped the Tau'ri overcome the Goa'uld in '2010' but you can see how well Ha'taks stand up to the toilet bowl Ori ships. They'd get PWNed along with the rest of the galaxy.

Comment

Working...
                                X