This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt. Ryan
    200 SUCKED!!! I have watched SG-1 from the beginning and it was the worst episode yet. Granted there were some funny parts but overall I could barely watch it. Yes it was a waste to mark the 200th episode of the best sci-fi TV series with such a horrible episode.
    What sucked about it for you? I thought they really paid homage to the show and fans.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Well, as far as answered questions and plot/character development.....We did get to see wha Furlings look like (bad joke) Personally, I was disappointed in 200. Not what I was expecting. I thinks at this stage in the show and episode like this would have been better suited as a one of those specials-behind-the-scenes-thingys they run. I did not realize that SG1 was cancelled until just now. I came to this board to express my disapointment in 200....now even more so I did enjoy some moments as I tried not to fall asleep on the sofa, but it is not the type of show I tune into Sci-fi Fridays for. Felt thesame was about Atlantis last week. Felt it was just a "filler" episode. Nothing new gained focused on pne character episodes in the same situation for the entire episode work for some but not me. We already know what the Replicators can do. I had this great theory that the Atlantian replicators were going to destroy the Ori. They were created by the Ancients...possibly Ori and seem to be dead set on revenge and they are certainly powerful enough. Problem is not that is has been cancelled it does not seem like enough time to develop that. I think that the fate of SG1 is not like it is really cancelled but instead merging into Atlantis. I would not be surprised to see alot of crossovers and a closer link between Atlantis and the happenings at Stargate command. Seems to be more and more of that recently. I wonder if the end of SG1 is the reason for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
        *Dani head shaped hole in desk* For you it's not tied to whether or not anyone knew the show was going to be cancelled. For you whether or not anyone knew the show was going to be cancelled had nothing to do with it. That's fine. But, how can you presume to say that it has nothing to do with my, or anyone else's answer? I don't feel cheated in retrospect, and whether you like it or not, one reason I don't feel cheated is because there was no prior knowledge. And, that's never going to change, no matter how many times I'm told it has nothing to do with the question. Because it has to do with my answer.

But, if my honest answer is too much, just ignore the whys and just look for the yes or no to the question.

*monotone* No, I don't feel cheated.
        Again people misunderstand me.

The original poster wanted an answer that isn't connected to whether the writers were psychic or not >_>' >_>'. But whatever.

Comment

Original question:

Now knowing that SG-1 has been cancelled, do you feel cheated by 200 or feel that it was a worthy addition to the series?

Personally I feel like it was wasted chance to develop the Ori plot better, one more episode could make the end of the show seem much less rushed. The REAL character development of a REAL show would have been so much better. 200 would have been a welcome diversion if we had a couple of full seasons left, but now I feel like it was just a cheat, an episode stolen from us, without even any real development coming out of the sillyness.
          First paragraph, simply do you feel cheated now that SG1 has been cancelled. I don't see any stipulations as to anything. I don't see anywhere were the original question says, "but, I don't want to know if you think the writers were psychic." Simply a question. And, it seems to leave room for a broad range of reasons for why people were or weren't cheated.

The second paragraph to me seems to be the poster explaining why they feel cheated. Simple as that. Not a guideline as to what an appropriate response is.

The answers given are whether or not people feel cheated or feel that 200 was a worthy addition. Any reason for why they feel like they do seems to be valid, since the basic question was answered.

Now, if Seldini wants to elaborate and make stipulations on what he or she wanted to know and which explanations for answers are correct, then okay. But, reading the original post, I still see nothing but merely asking a question about feeling cheated or not.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin
            Its not even about lossing an ori plot. its about lossing any kind of plot. The 200th episode was a waste of time.

I felt it was a waste before I heard the cancellation, though upon rewatching It liked it a bit more, but I think the Shot of the original team would have been perfect to end the series, at least as close to perfect as can be besides the fishing scene.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
              I felt it was a waste before I heard the cancellation, though upon rewatching It liked it a bit more, but I think the Shot of the original team would have been perfect to end the series, at least as close to perfect as can be besides the fishing scene.
              I never felt cheated by 200 nor by the cancellation. I don't want the show cancelled, I'm just thankfull we will get a proper fairwell.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                Again people misunderstand me.

The original poster wanted an answer that isn't connected to whether the writers were psychic or not >_>' >_>'. But whatever.
                You seem to know an awful lot about seldini's intentions....
                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

i somewhat felt cheated because i thought it was going to be more fun, it felt a bit all over the place, and being scatterbrain like that could work wonderfully but it didn't really hit the right place completely for me.

and i was waiting for RDA to be on screen more.

but i wasn't complete waste like other person said, it just could've been more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by SoylentGreen
                    i somewhat felt cheated because i thought it was going to be more fun, it felt a bit all over the place, and being scatterbrain like that could work wonderfully but it didn't really hit the right place completely for me.

and i was waiting for RDA to be on screen more.

but i wasn't complete waste like other person said, it just could've been more fun.
                    I thought it was very fun, and like you I did want RDA on screen more but it didn't detract from the show IMO as I thought it was very well done.

Comment

I watched the 200th episode rerun tonight . After the Cancel of the show on Sci-Fi, this episode has a whole new meaning for me now. I know that SG-1 is far from a failed TV show like to the Character Martin Lloyd’s (Wormhole X-tream), but there seems to be several parallels to the series to this episode. Did anyone else notice this? Have you watched it again since the announcement to the cancel?

I can’t seem to finish putting everything down but to keep it short, something like this:

…..like no one could come to an agreement on how to end the series? They couldn’t make up their mind on continuing the series or making a movie, etc. There's more to this. I can post more if anyone want's more.
                      Strong Believer in LOVE!

Comment

Yes, I do.
                        School is overrated.

Comment

As do I.

Comment

Ok, Glad I'm not the only one.
                            Well, looks like it going to be a tug and pull between film or renew.
                            Strong Believer in LOVE!

Comment

A very entertaining episode. I'm still watching serveral part of it.

Best:
                              - The Furlings
                              - The younger edgier versions
                              - Puppet Daniel explaining the Stargate
                              - Farscape

Comment

Working...
                              X