Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I dont feel cheated at all, stand alones are just as important to the series as arc episodes,and its been awhile since sg1 did an ep that I would call "a funny one" (IMO, Avenger 2.0 was the last one before this), so I view this as a posative contribution to the series.

And thats my three cents.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
    Originally posted by Jonzey
    Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
      The original question remains:
      Do you feel we were cheated out an en episode now that we know that season 10 will be the last.

Nothing in it had anything to do with "Are we mad at the writers for doing this episode".
      And, nothing in my post had anything to do with being mad at the writers. I can only speak for myself, and I thought my post answered the question, that no, I do not personally feel cheated. Sorry, I didn't use those exact words, but I thought it was implied. I don't believe the benefits of the episode if it were more connected with the overall story could have made a difference, and any episode wouldn't amount to much either way, even knowing the show is cancelled.

Ultimately, I see whatever episode that would have been in that slot as pretty much a drop in the bucket. So, again, I don't feel cheated.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
        Well, naturally, any episode could be replaced if humans were born with the ability to tell the future.
        This makes it seem like you're saying "Well, the writers didn't cheat us because they didn't know season 10 would be the last one". But moving on, moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Seldini
          Now knowing that SG-1 has been cancelled, do you feel cheated by 200 or feel that it was a worthy addition to the series?
          I don't think the cast&crew knew they going to get canned when they were filming the 200th, so they didn't purposely "waste" a storyline. Anyway, most tv is, by definition, a waste of time, so all I can say is that, IMO, 200 was a pretty darned good waste of time.
          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
            I don't think the cast&crew knew they going to get canned when they were filming the 200th, so they didn't purposely "waste" a storyline. Anyway, most tv is, by definition, a waste of time, so all I can say is that, IMO, 200 was a pretty darned good waste of time.
            GAH! Would people start reading the question: Do you feel that 200 was a waste?

No, we aren't blaming anyone who were producing the show. No, they probably didn't know they were gonna get canned (though they most probably knew the possiblity existed).

Do you think now, in retrospect, that 200 should've been handled differently since we now have very few episodes left to deal with the Ori?

Comment

Originally posted by Seldini
              Now knowing that SG-1 has been cancelled, do you feel cheated by 200 or feel that it was a worthy addition to the series?

Personally I feel like it was wasted chance to develop the Ori plot better, one more episode could make the end of the show seem much less rushed. The REAL character development of a REAL show would have been so much better. 200 would have been a welcome diversion if we had a couple of full seasons left, but now I feel like it was just a cheat, an episode stolen from us, without even any real development coming out of the sillyness.

I feel like it was the best way to celebrate 200. Just go CRAZY...I laughed so hard during the ep. Love it.
              It feels good to be alive.
              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                I feel like it was the best way to celebrate 200. Just go CRAZY...I laughed so hard during the ep. Love it.
                I agree. But i am pissed that SKIFFY decided to break the news after that, (curses violently at SKIFFY and imagines sending that creature from Uninvited into their building) I'm just happy that the rumors I heard about a swift decision so the writers could end the show well is true. I am upset that SG is cancelled but it did have a great run. Sci-Fi will however only get my buisness from anything Stargate and mabey BSG. As for everything else on that channel, they are lucky I'm sticking around at all.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

No, I don't feel cheated. I don't like the Ori plot line to begin with. Now that the ax has been swung, I still don't feel cheated by 200.

I feel that season 8 should have ended sg-1 and the new version should have been a new show with a three to five year contract. That would have ensure the development of the new enemy.

So, no I don't feel cheated by 200. I feel cheated by the fact that SG-1 is a new show but under an old name.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I loved the episode 200, maybe it could have been handled differently in retrospect, but they wanted something special. Seeing as how the episode 200 isn't the end of the season/ series I don't see how they could have done something spectacular and then gone on with more episodes. Plus, Stargate has never taken itself too seriously and they wanted to show that in this episode. It really was a great nod to the fans and now we can look back on it as a "thank you for staying with us for this long" sentiment.
                    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

In retrospect 200 is still a landmark episode, i know theyres a few that don't like it - but i thought it was a really classy way to celebrate 200 episodes.

The only thing in retrospect is that its a bit sad - To have reached such a pinnacle - and to be cancelled so soon after.......
                      Its not about whos right or wrong its about the debate!

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                        GAH! Would people start reading the question: Do you feel that 200 was a waste?

No, we aren't blaming anyone who were producing the show. No, they probably didn't know they were gonna get canned (though they most probably knew the possiblity existed).

Do you think now, in retrospect, that 200 should've been handled differently since we now have very few episodes left to deal with the Ori?
                        Gah! Would you listen to our answers?

First:
                        Well, d'uh! They've known that the possibility existed since at least the end of season five.

Secondly: The part about the Ori wasn't in the original question, just in your opinion about why the ep was a waste.

So, you know, since you gave your opinion of why you felt it was a waste, we probably figured that you'd appreciate it if we justified our answers, too.
                        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

you're gonna feel cheated in future episodes if u want the ori storyline to be developed more

Comment

very cheated could've been used to further story but nope. waste of ep.
                            A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

I didn't feel cheated at all. I just saw it today, and I loved it.
                              It's a little wierd, though, seeing it after I already knew SG-1 was being cancelled. Didn't it feel a little as if they already knew they were getting cancelled when they made the show? What with everyone saying it was a bit of a let-down/disappointment when Martin said the movie wasn't going to be made and then him coming back and saying "the movie's back on"? I don't know, I suppose I just got a different take on it than all the people who saw the show before the cancellation announcement came.

Comment

"200" wasn't a waste IMO. TPTB still had a right to celebrate the 200th the way they did. Besides, it was for us. A celebration of us as well.

The rest of this season is something I really look forward to. IMO, this show will end in spectacular fashion. TPTB wouldn't have it any other way.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X