X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
    Gah! Would you listen to our answers?

First:
    Well, d'uh! They've known that the possibility existed since at least the end of season five.

Secondly: The part about the Ori wasn't in the original question, just in your opinion about why the ep was a waste.

So, you know, since you gave your opinion of why you felt it was a waste, we probably figured that you'd appreciate it if we justified our answers, too.
    Seldini added "Personally I feel like it was wasted chance to develop the Ori plot better" to the question. Which is kinda like an elaboration to his question as he thought the episode was a waste since the episode could've been better spent focusing on the Ori (or at least other things).

Meanwhile, you guys all answer with stuff like "Well, the writers aren't psychic", which has nothing to do with this discussion, really. We're not blaming the writers. We're not mad at them for doing "200".

What Seldini wants to know is whether or not you think "200" could've been a better episode focusing on something else in retrospect, now that we know that SG-1 has been cancelled.

Opinions aside, I think McShep is a very valid and cute pairing. But I don't throw that into every single discussion I join that has to do with relationships. "Do you think Sam and Jack should get together" -> "Sheppard and McKay should get married already! Yaddiyaddiyadda. And oh, no, Sam and Jack do not belong together."

Comment

I loved **200** on Friday night and I still love it!!! I believe this episode was written for fun and stands alone as was intended! The series cancellation is separate from this show. The remaining episodes are from which we can judge the outcome of Season 10.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
        Seldini added "Personally I feel like it was wasted chance to develop the Ori plot better" to the question. Which is kinda like an elaboration to his question as he thought the episode was a waste since the episode could've been better spent focusing on the Ori (or at least other things).

Meanwhile, you guys all answer with stuff like "Well, the writers aren't psychic", which has nothing to do with this discussion, really. We're not blaming the writers. We're not mad at them for doing "200".

First, no one has said that you were mad at the writers. Just because someone says the writers aren't psychic, they're explaining their own position, they're not accusing you or anyone else of being mad. One of the reasons that other people don't feel it was a waste isbecause the writers didn't have any foreknowledge. That is on topic of whether or not it was a wasted episode, because it explains (for some) why they don't think so.

What Seldini wants to know is whether or not you think "200" could've been a better episode focusing on something else in retrospect, now that we know that SG-1 has been cancelled.
        And, some people don't think so. They don't think 200 could have been any better, and everything else they say is just to elaborate on why they feel so.

And, actually, the question was do people feel cheated. And, for me, the fact that the writers didn't know what was going to happen is directly linked to why I don't feel cheated. So, to answer the original question honestly, that has to be a part of my answer. Which again, nowhere (and nowhere that I've seen from anyone else) is that meant to suggest that you (or anyone else in the "we") are mad at the writers.
        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

No, I don’t feel cheated. “200” was not a waste of an episode. I can think of several stand-alone eps that were a bigger waste of space….Affinity and Prometheus Unbound come to mind first but there are others.

I felt cheated in season 7. Daniel returned and then they just moved on like nothing happened. Avenger 2.0 was a waste....

As far as the Ori go, don’t much care for them or their storyline anyway so one less episode dealing with them doesn’t hurt my feelings.

Now when we get further on in the season and they get to a particular event that has me interested in the Ori story, I might feel cheated that Season 11 was canceled and they had to hurry up and wrap up this particular storyline in order to wrap up the overall Ori arc.

The Shroud
          Spoiler:
          Daniel supposedly becoming a prior has me looking forward to the second half of the season. I was holding out hope for that particular storyline. With the news that S11 is no more, I feel that it might be affected now and the story and fallout won’t be what I was hopping for.

But I still stand by my “No” that “200” was not a waste of an episode. I enjoyed it.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

The premise of "Do you feel cheated" is not tied to whether anyone knew the show was going to be cancelled or not. It's whether or not you feel cheated because it was an episode based solely on humour and that didn't bring the plot forward at all.

Whether or not anyone knew the show was gonna be cancelled beforehand has nothing to do with it. Do you feel cheated NOW in retrospect in the bigger picture.

Comment

The premise of "Do you feel cheated" is not tied to whether anyone knew the show was going to be cancelled or not. It's whether or not you feel cheated because it was an episode based solely on humour and that didn't bring the plot forward at all.

Whether or not anyone knew the show was gonna be cancelled beforehand has nothing to do with it. Do you feel cheated NOW in retrospect in the bigger picture.

*Dani head shaped hole in desk* For you it's not tied to whether or not anyone knew the show was going to be cancelled. For you whether or not anyone knew the show was going to be cancelled had nothing to do with it. That's fine. But, how can you presume to say that it has nothing to do with my, or anyone else's answer? I don't feel cheated in retrospect, and whether you like it or not, one reason I don't feel cheated is because there was no prior knowledge. And, that's never going to change, no matter how many times I'm told it has nothing to do with the question. Because it has to do with my answer.

But, if my honest answer is too much, just ignore the whys and just look for the yes or no to the question.

*monotone* No, I don't feel cheated.
              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

200? A waste? NO WAY!!!

200 was awesome!! It made me smile the entire time!

Spoiler:
                Particularly the Star Trek and Farscape skits were
                the best. "The singularity is about to explode".

Heck, even for a long shot, 200 BOOSTED the ratings up to a 1.9!

THAT is GOOD news!
                sigpic

Comment

Can't tell if you're talking to me, people in general, or poor Dani over there with the concussion, headache, and a desk that should be smashed into a thousand pieces by now.

But my answer is still no. I don't care if the episode didn't advance any particular plot forward even a millimeter, I still enjoyed it for what it was and don't feel cheated.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

what time is it in USA?????????
                    Mitchell: This village as died as a dresser of Texan crudenesses!

Comment

no disapointment i enjoyd it even more.
                      i herd before i got to see it. but the will be a film now write ?? but im hopeing someone els will pick it up for s11 still

Comment

When the plot isn't working, comedy is welcomed. I did not feel cheated. I felt entertained.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06
                          200? A waste? NO WAY!!!

200 was awesome!! It made me smile the entire time!

Spoiler:
                          Particularly the Star Trek and Farscape skits were
                          the best. "The singularity is about to explode".

Heck, even for a long shot, 200 BOOSTED the ratings up to a 1.9!

THAT is GOOD news!
                          INDEED!
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                            "200" wasn't a waste IMO. TPTB still had a right to celebrate the 200th the way they did. Besides, it was for us. A celebration of us as well.

The rest of this season is something I really look forward to. IMO, this show will end in spectacular fashion. TPTB wouldn't have it any other way.
                            Yes they will. They have always done a great job and this will be no exception.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                              I loved **200** on Friday night and I still love it!!! I believe this episode was written for fun and stands alone as was intended! The series cancellation is separate from this show. The remaining episodes are from which we can judge the outcome of Season 10.
                              Agreed I hate how some people are atributing the cancellation of the show to 200.

Comment

200 SUCKED!!! I have watched SG-1 from the beginning and it was the worst episode yet. Granted there were some funny parts but overall I could barely watch it. Yes it was a waste to mark the 200th episode of the best sci-fi TV series with such a horrible episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X