This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freyr's mother
    The superweapon used to defeat the replicators may not be the only weapon because the ancients did actually inhabit the planet for some time.
    Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
      Why wouldnt they know how to do it? Yea it might take them some time - but im pretty sure they can manage it!
      Dont forget these people were creating things for the Snakes for a LONG time.
      Yeah - with plans and specifications that would of been given to them by the Goa'uld. They were slaves, they wouldn't of been told how the technlogy worked, they were just given the job of building it. As a society, the Jaffa are actually rather primitive, they've just got a bunch of Goa'uld technology.

Anyway, there is no way that any of them would have the depth of understanding of the dialect of the Ancients to figure out how to configure the Dakara weapon. Remember Jacob(Selmac) and Sam only figured out the writings because of Daniels translations.

Comment

Perhaps in the intervening time they have figured out how to reprogram it on a basic level.
        [spoiler]They only use the weapon to target planets that have capitulated to the Ori to kill the humans there. All they would need to do would be to learn to control the targeting to limit it to the one planet and have it set to kill humans and jaffa.[/spoil]

If it is the Dakara weapon, I wonder if we will destroy it ourselves if the ori don't (though I bet they do).

Comment

being that they probably didnt want to see it go, and you know how politics are they probably put on the back burner it probably came to notice in geraks time and if he was a prior when it was suppposedly destroyed he probably concealed it and entrusted few people ot its existance.
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

That's what I'm thinking is that somebody with power said, "yeah, we destroyed it," while keeping it a secret from almost everyone so that Teal'c and Bra'tac thought it was gone. After all if they had known they would not have kept it a secret from us. So they obviously had to have been mislead as well. It really sounds like something our military would do, really. LOL.

Seriously, though, if it survives the episode, does anyone think that there will be repercussions such as the tauri sending a ship to destroy it (ala ethon) without warning. With our shields and nuclear capabilities, I think we could pull off such a strike if we attack as soon as we drop out of hyperspace. This is assuming that T and B don't take care of it themselves when they find out.

Of course I think it's likely the Ori will find out about it and destroy it anyways, making this a moot point.

Comment

well, the shields were inefective against the blast wave so im sure an attack at the superweapon would be unheard of.
              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

What's strange is, the spoilers say that the new followers were killed, but it didn't mention the Prior, we know Adria didn't die, but was there anyone on ship, or was it just Adria, and the Prior?

Comment

Okay. Threads, Season 8. The entire premise of the episode was about the ancient weapon, how Anubis wanted to use it to basically kill everyone off, and how the Jaffa finally realize that they need to destroy the weapon. I even remember Bra'tac saying that the weapon would be destroyed.

What I don't understand, however, is how this weapon is still, well....active? I mean, in Insiders, Ba'al claims that his grand plan was to take control of the Jaffa High Council in order to use the said "destroyed" weapon. Then, in the preview for Counterstrike we saw last night, there is a small clip of the weapon firing. I don't understand. Was the weapon destroyed or wasn't it? ......It kinda makes a difference.

Plot hole?

Comment

Originally posted by Vesian
                    Okay. Threads, Season 8. The entire premise of the episode was about the ancient weapon, how Anubis wanted to use it to basically kill everyone off, and how the Jaffa finally realize that they need to destroy the weapon. I even remember Bra'tac saying that the weapon would be destroyed.

What I don't understand, however, is how this weapon is still, well....active? I mean, in Insiders, Ba'al claims that his grand plan was to take control of the Jaffa High Council in order to use the said "destroyed" weapon. Then, in the preview for Counterstrike we saw last night, there is a small clip of the weapon firing. I don't understand. Was the weapon destroyed or wasn't it? ......It kinda makes a difference.

Plot hole?
                    Teal'c and Bra'tac said the thing needed to be destroyed. Never that it was actually destroyed. The other Jaffa probably wanted to keep it.
                    Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                    Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                    -Audioslave

Comment

10 override 2.
                      A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Think about it. It's like having a coal mining team from the 1800's dismantle a tank. Even if they wanted to, I doubt it would be easy. And why would they? Did Earth destroy Atlantis? Of course not.
                        Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Found this preview of "Counterstrike" in YouTube which has a little more than the scifi one, including Adria Appearing and speaking

Enjoy:
                          Here It Is

If this has been posted then sorry.

Comment

Atlantis is nowhere near destructive as that weapon. The Jaffa probably figured somewhere down the line they'd need it, perhaps Gerak, he wanted more power and that device gave him ultimate power.

Comment

Nice ThanK-you!!
                              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by Vesian

Plot hole?
                                If it is writen in the script then is shall be. NOT A PLOT HOLE. O' my god they didn't destroy it and they said they did and there it is, o' my god.

How about you destroy your nukes and I will destroy mine while we make more and not talk about it. See the irony.
                                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Working...
                                X