Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do if there is another Supergate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing they can do is 's and start saying
    Or they could just die.

Comment

Originally posted by tobi
      The only thing they can do is 's and start saying
      Or they could just die.
      nah, they can't build another gate in the milky way, as they would get an "engaged tone" - as the pegasus galaxy is currently connected - like if you tried to dial a planet with 2 gates, and one was currently in use, you wouldnt go to the other one - it would have to take a huge power jump. *hints at ori plan on regaining the supergate* - basically they try and reverse what we did

and i think that the ori will be defeated - if their followers see that we can neautralise a prior they may be swayed.

Comment

Originally posted by ljsevern
        nah, they can't build another gate in the milky way, as they would get an "engaged tone" - as the pegasus galaxy is currently connected - like if you tried to dial a planet with 2 gates, and one was currently in use, you wouldnt go to the other one - it would have to take a huge power jump. *hints at ori plan on regaining the supergate* - basically they try and reverse what we did

and i think that the ori will be defeated - if their followers see that we can neautralise a prior they may be swayed.

Did I miss the part where they talked about only being able to dial in to galaxies. And the part where there can be only one active gate, or is everyone just speculating to this?
        You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Thats just speculation. Why shouldn't it be possible. A galaxy is pretty big you won't have problems to log on new coordinates.

Comment

Originally posted by tobi
            Thats just speculation. Why shouldn't it be possible. A galaxy is pretty big you won't have problems to log on new coordinates.
            but how will it distinguish betwee each supergate in the galaxy?
            this is just speculation, but if you think about it - a supergate is larger and to be between galaxy to galaxy. a stargate is between planet to planet. you see what i mean about only one gate can be dialed in at any one time i.e. the first gate. But it should be possible to dial out on two gates - like what the NID did a load of seasons back, when they nabbed the antartic gate

Comment

If i'm not totally wrong you should be able to dial from every normal gate(with the right control crystal) every gate in an other glaxay, this should also work with more then one gate dialing the same galaxy. It's the same with the supergate, you just need more energy.

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun
                That doesn't seem very pratical IMO. Yes they might be able to lock all the gates in the Milky Way but for how long? The Ori are gonna come one way or another.

Now a virus to prevent the supergate from dialling could be interesting...
                Ugh, genius!
                It's been what, three years since they got Avenger? Get a bigass team working on that, and then just re-program the coordinates of the supergate they make.
                I'm sure if they REALLY wanted to, they could make it work.

Comment

Heh. Don't you think that "the most simple solution is the best"? Maybe we should build new, better, bigger iris? We know that some races could pass it like Tolans, but I think it could make some noise in Ori fleet first time
                  My name is Olo - Hans Olo
                  Sorry for my english, I'm not

Asgard Greetings: Greeting
                  Borg Greetings: Lower your shields, Prepare to assimilate

Comment

you can't be serious about that? remember a supergate is very big. and with the ori dropping by every now and then it would be even harder to instal it, as for now they cerainly would guard their new gate 24/7

Comment

It mustn't be very hard to install, because it don't have to be metal iris. It can by energy iris like in Atlantis city. We need just big power generator (Asgaard) and Sam's brain.
                      My name is Olo - Hans Olo
                      Sorry for my english, I'm not

Asgard Greetings: Greeting
                      Borg Greetings: Lower your shields, Prepare to assimilate

Comment

Avenger wouldn't work because it didn't infect the gate, it infected the DHD. The supergate doesn't have a DHD and therefore wouldn't be infected.

Comment

Of course they could build another gate in the Milky Way, by destroying the first one, the Ori built the thing, they know what to remove or what to target in order to destroy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Phalynx
                            Avenger wouldn't work because it didn't infect the gate, it infected the DHD. The supergate doesn't have a DHD and therefore wouldn't be infected.

Ooh very good point.
                            You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                              Right. They won't make that mistake again.
                              or there will make sure it's guarded or it will have a defense system connected to it
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                                or there will make sure it's guarded or it will have a defense system connected to it
                                Exactly. If they can build another gate and activate with one already connected they will have some type of security. If they can't they will find some way to disconect the gate or destroy it so the can build another one.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X