Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do if there is another Supergate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ablevins425
    If there is a gate in the system, then the system is probably inhabited. IMO anyway. I think the virus is a good idea.
    Actually, not anymore, remember how supergates are made:

1) When the Ori build a supergate, they dial from a normal gate in their side to a normal gate here.

2) They send a prior here to put a shield on the planet here, while on the other side one of their planets (probably uninhabited) is crushed by a shield in the same manner and the wormhole connection jumps to a supergate they already have there.

3) That takes care of one Side's supergate.

4) Next, they wait until somehow they have sufficent energy on "our" side so that the shield can envelop the whole planet.

5) They send segments, which form a gate next to the planet, the planet is crushed and the wormhole of the just destroyed stargate jumps to this supergate.

And Voila! A Supergate on each side.

This means that whatever inhabited world there was in this system (probably only one), it was destroyed to create the Supergate, which would make destroying the Star perfectly alright.

Comment

This all depends, on if they discover it in time. If it all happens like in "Beachhead." Otherwise, they're screwed. If the Ori decide to build another SuperGate, and it isn't caught in time, they will have already sent perhaps dozens of ships through the thing. I don't understand why more weren't sent in the first place, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah. What was I thinking, they won't be albe to stop another SuperGate from being built. There are already Ori ships in the galaxy. That being the case, they will be defending the planet, the Prior, and the SuperGate, and any ship that dares to encroach in that sector of space will be destroyed.

Comment

True, they can't stop it while it's being built, but once it has (which, since they look for new BH's then it's the only way they ever find them) they can blow up the sun of the system and destroy the gate.

That is if the black hole isn't between the star and the gate, which would be unfortunate, but the supernova may still destroy it (the Supergate)

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun
          Better yet they could just put something in the middle of the gate so a wormhole won't be established.

That would not work! You'd have to have like a cover stone or an Iris. Think of it this way, If you stuck your arm through a normal gate and someone dialed in, the wormhole would still establish and you'd just loose your arm. And THats if you mange to dodge the kawoosh.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
            Actually, not anymore, remember how supergates are made:

1) When the Ori build a supergate, they dial from a normal gate in their side to a normal gate here.

2) They send a prior here to put a shield on the planet here, while on the other side one of their planets (probably uninhabited) is crushed by a shield in the same manner and the wormhole connection jumps to a supergate they already have there.

3) That takes care of one Side's supergate.

4) Next, they wait until somehow they have sufficent energy on "our" side so that the shield can envelop the whole planet.

5) They send segments, which form a gate next to the planet, the planet is crushed and the wormhole of the just destroyed stargate jumps to this supergate.

And Voila! A Supergate on each side.

This means that whatever inhabited world there was in this system (probably only one), it was destroyed to create the Supergate, which would make destroying the Star perfectly alright.
            Your right on all counts, but if we were to infect the entire gate system or shut it down, then we basically save the entire galaxy, or at least give us time to come up with a more perminant solution to the Ori threat. Or time to find Merlin's weapon. I was looking for a way to save as much life as possible. The way that the worlds keep turning to the Ori I believe that completely shutting off all the gates is the best option, whether that be by a virus or other means.
            You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

What about a force field of some kind, like the one on Atlantis's stargate ? It would be powered directly from supergate, so it wouldn't run out of energy.
              So Ori ships would never make it to our side.

Comment

Originally posted by StarGi
                What about a force field of some kind, like the one on Atlantis's stargate ? It would be powered directly from supergate, so it wouldn't run out of energy.
                So Ori ships would never make it to our side.
                Interesting thought, but can they draw power directly from the gate? I don't know if that is possible or not.

Comment

What about waiting a second or 2 after the Kawoosh of the supergate and detonateing a few of those Mark 11 Naquadria bombs, those are way more powerfull than the simple naquadah ones they used in the peg project. and cause the wormhole to jump off the gate. It would probably jump to a regular gate that couldn't handle it. That gate would blow up or something and Kill the Ori ships in transit. Maybe?
                  Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

Originally posted by ablevins425
                    Interesting thought, but can they draw power directly from the gate? I don't know if that is possible or not.
                    We have Asgards on our side. They should figure out something. If Supergate draws power from black hole, so would the shield.

My point is, the best and "safest" way to stop/destroy Ori ships is, while they're in wormhole. Better than attacking them after they arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by J_schinderlin56
                      What about waiting a second or 2 after the Kawoosh of the supergate and detonateing a few of those Mark 11 Naquadria bombs, those are way more powerfull than the simple naquadah ones they used in the peg project. and cause the wormhole to jump off the gate. It would probably jump to a regular gate that couldn't handle it. That gate would blow up or something and Kill the Ori ships in transit. Maybe?
                      To make a wormhole jump the bomb has to be set on the outgoing wormhole not the incoming. Correct me if I am wrong but I think this happened twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                        True, they can't stop it while it's being built, but once it has (which, since they look for new BH's then it's the only way they ever find them) they can blow up the sun of the system and destroy the gate.

That is if the black hole isn't between the star and the gate, which would be unfortunate, but the supernova may still destroy it (the Supergate)
                        Possibly but it could also blow them up too.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

if supergates are configured to dial galaxies, does that mean you can't have more than one supergate per galaxy? (well working that is?) e.g. if you dialed earth (when the antartic gate wasnt discovered) you went to the SGC - and not antartica - so if you dialed milky way, you would go to the current active supergate.
                          Also, that could be a reason why the ori disengaged the original gate - they dialed to another galaxy for some reason - like another invasion force or another galaxy under thier influence?

Comment

Originally posted by ljsevern
                            if supergates are configured to dial galaxies, does that mean you can't have more than one supergate per galaxy? (well working that is?) e.g. if you dialed earth (when the antartic gate wasnt discovered) you went to the SGC - and not antartica - so if you dialed milky way, you would go to the current active supergate.
                            Also, that could be a reason why the ori disengaged the original gate - they dialed to another galaxy for some reason - like another invasion force or another galaxy under thier influence?
                            About the Ori only being able to connect to only to one gate that makes sense. Another galaxy I don't know. They were only aware of us when we tried to make contact so they may not know the location of other galaxy's like Ida the asgard home galaxy, and if they do we are really screwed!
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

How pretty another Supergate, way to go Ori. They can't be stopped, pass the mustard, and let's wait for all the pretty ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn
                                My idea ensures that the ori don't build another supergate because ship are destroyed and the Ori still have their supergate.
                                I meant the closest orbit possible. By the way, destroying supergate will only cause the Ori build more supergates.
                                Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X