Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do if there is another Supergate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man
    Right. They won't make that mistake again.
    No they won't. Now that we have sucsefully established a conection, preventing them from coming through and destroying one of their ships in the process, not only will they keep it open but probably keep a security contigent at the gate so we won't disable that gate.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
      No they won't. Now that we have sucsefully established a conection, preventing them from coming through and destroying one of their ships in the process, not only will they keep it open but probably keep a security contigent at the gate so we won't disable that gate.
      A security contigent. Lol.... For the Ori that is what one ship?

I also want to ask what you guys think of maybe being able to shut down all the gates in the Milky Way. There has got to be a way to do it, maybe the Asgard know. Or we could always upload the virus again to mess up all the gate adresses. If there are no gates in the Milky Way then they cant get the pieces through to build the Supergate, correct?
      Last edited by ablevins425; 06 August 2006, 01:37 PM.
      You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Originally posted by ablevins425
        A security contigent. Lol.... For the Ori that is what one ship?

I also want to ask what you guys think of maybe being able to shut down all the gates in the Milky Way. There has got to be a way to do it, maybe the Asgard know. Or we could always upload the virus again to mess up all the gate adresses. If there are no gates in the Milky Way then they cant get the pieces through to build the Supergate, correct?
        That doesn't seem very pratical IMO. Yes they might be able to lock all the gates in the Milky Way but for how long? The Ori are gonna come one way or another.

Now a virus to prevent the supergate from dialling could be interesting...
        "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

How about moving the supergate into a black hole, so if anything comes out, it would get sucked in.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcturus
            How about moving the supergate into a black hole, so if anything comes out, it would get sucked in.

The replicators escaped a black hole. And isn't there a black hole on the other side of the supergate? It sounds to me that a black hole is something they have already mastered.

Comment

Moving it next to a star, they burn up because they are pulled into the star by gravity.
              Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn
                Moving it next to a star, they burn up because they are pulled into the star by gravity.
                Possibly I am just saying that we are basically talking about the builders of the stargate. I think that they would probably be able to get out of it.

Comment

If they make a supergate we could simply blow up the system's star and that way destroy the Supergate in it.

As long as there weren't anymore habitable planets in that system other than the one used to create the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                    If they make a supergate we could simply blow up the system's star and that way destroy the Supergate in it.

As long as there weren't anymore habitable planets in that system other than the one used to create the gate.
                    If there is a gate in the system, then the system is probably inhabited. IMO anyway. I think the virus is a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ablevins425
                      If there is a gate in the system, then the system is probably inhabited. IMO anyway. I think the virus is a good idea.
                      That could work but the last time we used a virus it backfired on us horribly. So hopefully it might work but I think the best way would be to disable it somehow or build an Iris somehow on the gate. Or get the asgaurd to put up a forcshield like the Atlantis gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18

My idea ensures that the ori don't build another supergate because ship are destroyed and the Ori still have their supergate.
                        Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

The Nox lend a helping hand with the invisibility thing. We then create a Super Iris!

Comment

Originally posted by Web Of Hair
                            The Nox lend a helping hand with the invisibility thing. We then create a Super Iris!
                            That would work if just to see the NOX again I miss them!

Comment

Supergates I believe Dial Galaxies not planets... the Supergate is already in use so i dont think they could use another one without disconnecting that one, and if they did they would have no reason to make another one...
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                                Supergates I believe Dial Galaxies not planets... the Supergate is already in use so i dont think they could use another one without disconnecting that one, and if they did they would have no reason to make another one...
                                Good point. They are designed soley to dial from the Ori galaxy (have they actually named it?) to th MW. So with the one gate already on they may not be able to dial in from another one. However Supergates may bypass normal gate physics.

Comment

Working...
                                X