This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my previus posts:

One more thing.: Once again, Ori shields proved to be the strongest stuff in the universe. They didn't fail to the wraith ship explosion which came through the gate (I think that has to be the most powerful beam we created)! If that sort of power doesn't scratch the shields, is the kawoosh only thing that does?

Comment

we dont know if that beam thing didnt scratch the shields. for all we know the shields could have been severely damaged by the beam thing, but i highly doubt it

Comment

lol hell no the shields held nicely when getting battered by the beam from the gate. the kawoosh owned it nicely
        A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
          And we saw in Season 9 that to become a Prior, the chief guy was brought to Celestis where an ascended Ori being entered his body at the Wall of Fire thingie so he can't really ascend, but the ascended Ori should be able to leave the body.

The prior has no ori within him, the ori just advance the person about to become a prior to more advanced human. Something along the lines of what Anubis did to Khalek. Except the ori do it instantaneously, whereas Anubis was doing it incrementally.

Also the ship was definetly split into 2, since the kawoosh chopped it in half. remember that the kawoosh disintegrates matter, so, any resulting explosions would be coming from the ship itself, and the Kawoosh pretty much killed the glowing power source thingy, once that was cut, any explosions that occured in the ship would be minimal as there would be no power to propell larger explosions.
          Xtremixt

All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the shadow and the breaking of the world. And him they named Dragon.

Comment

We just need to work on our "kawoosh" weapon and everything will be ok. It is kind of odd the ORI didn't know to keep clear of the front of the gate - that's as elementary as "not crossing the beams" .

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=31887
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike
                We just need to work on our "kawoosh" weapon and everything will be ok. It is kind of odd the ORI didn't know to keep clear of the front of the gate - that's as elementary as "not crossing the beams" .
                I don't suppose the ship had any reason to think it had to keep clear of the gate, as far as they knew it ws inactive, they didn't know Teal'c and the other gate were there...

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                  I think that when it was hit by the kawoosh the ship was split into two large chunks. And those chunks are probably intact enough that we could maybe slavage some tech or learn something new, perhaps a weakness in shield technology or how to reproduce their weapons.
                  finding a weakness might be a possibility but reproduce their weapons I don't think so, we couldn't reverse engineer tollan technology, ori technology is way beyond them so we have no chance of reverse engineering their tech.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                    finding a weakness might be a possibility but reproduce their weapons I don't think so, we couldn't reverse engineer tollan technology, ori technology is way beyond them so we have no chance of reverse engineering their tech.
                    To me that seemed like Tollan (they weren't angels in that respect)arrogance because we can manufature Asgard tech (shields, transporters, hyperdrive), and McKay almost figured out project Arcturus, as much as physically possible.

Comment

Originally posted by startrekker
                      To me that seemed like Tollan (they weren't angels in that respect)arrogance because we can manufature Asgard tech (shields, transporters, hyperdrive), and McKay almost figured out project Arcturus, as much as physically possible.
                      he figured out what was already there, he didn't build it from scratch. Also the tauri (sam I think) said themselves they could no way reverse engineer the tollans tech, so it wasn't tollan arrogance. I thought the asgard shielding was given to us from the asgard? we didn't make it ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                        he figured out what was already there, he didn't build it from scratch. Also the tauri (sam I think) said themselves they could no way reverse engineer the tollans tech, so it wasn't tollan arrogance. I thought the asgard shielding was given to us from the asgard? we didn't make it ourselves.
                        True, most of the advanced tech we have was given to us by the azgard. but we have come a long way since Sam said there was no way we could reverse engineer a Tollan Ion Cannon. We've come to understand almost all of g'ould tech and even start to understand lantean tech. I don't think it would be to out there to think we couldn't reproduce something that a bunch of peasents made on a sub-industrial planet.

Comment

The biggest thing is the power source, as in the episode from previous season (with the Ori satalite), the Prior "touched it" and powered it up.

We need that touchy power source... I doubt good old naqudah or even ZPM would work.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike
                            It is kind of odd the ORI didn't know to keep clear of the front of the gate - that's as elementary as "not crossing the beams" .
                            They underestimated us -- once. We couldn't scratch their ships before; they probably didn't think we'd be able to activate a Supergate to take out one of their ships. Such a mistake won't happen again. They'll be striking back for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
                              A Prior can "cure" death... as we saw with Vala in the beginning of Season 9... Therefore, the prior on the Ori ship can make everyone cheat death. They don't have to ascend. They just have to be alive via the Prior.
                              Ya, a Prior can bring humans back to life, but they can't do it if he is infact dead as well. A prior is just a highly advanced human. They still can be killed, and they cannot bring themselves back to life without the help of another Prior.

And the Prior are created by the Ori, they are not infact Ori themselves and they don't carry one where ever they go. If they did the Ancients would throw down on the Ori big time.

Comment

if the prior was in a part of the ship that wasn't immediately destroyed by the kawoosh I think it's possible he could activate a personal shield with air to protect him from space, if he's able to do that it mite be possible he could somehow bring the ship back together and revive all the followers but tbh I don't think they're that powerful, still a possiblilty though.

Comment

Working...
                                X