Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we're talking about all Ori ships vs. all Wraith ships (all-out war), then the Ori will win NO SWEAT.
    No, canonically we know that ultimatley the Wraith win in numbers, no matter how advanced their foe is.

This is Corporeal Plane-Wise of course.

Comment

What? How is that established in canon?

We only know of the Wraith beating the Lantians due to numbers (along with a bunch of human societies, but they don't count).

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
        What? How is that established in canon?

We only know of the Wraith beating the Lantians due to numbers (along with a bunch of human societies, but they don't count).
        The Lantians were more advanced that the Ori.

Comment

Prove it.

Comment

Prove it.
            *City-Ships
            *Beaming Technology
            *Weapons

Basically everything Lantian is more advanced that everything Ori, which in turn is more advanced than MW Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
              *City-Ships
              *Beaming Technology
              *Weapons

Basically everything Lantian is more advanced that everything Ori, which in turn is more advanced than MW Ancients.
              the ancients haven't been show to have beam technology in the show, weapons, there's been nothing more advanced than the ori weapons shown, city ships is just a massive space craft which I'm sure given enough time the ori could build aswell.

Comment

*City-Ships
                *Beaming Technology
                *Weapons
                Truth be told, we haven't seen much of Ori tech. All we know of them is that they have rings, supergates, and big, powerful ships with death-beams.

So...I don't know, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this issue.

Common sense would tell me that the race with a higher understanding of the universe would have more advanced tech, but whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                  the ancients haven't been show to have beam technology in the show, weapons, there's been nothing more advanced than the ori weapons shown, city ships is just a massive space craft which I'm sure given enough time the ori could build aswell.
                  The Lantians do have beaming technology, it's all over Atlantis. The Ori, in it's place, have rings.

The Lantian drones are as effective as an Ori Beam, but they are actually "flexible", meaning it's not point and shoot, just shoot and they can change direction.

Atlantis in itself is not much more than a flying city, true, but the things it has within (such as the Beaming Platforms) are more advanced.

Oh yes, and Lantian hyperdrive seems to be a bit faster (the fast one), but that's the only thing that's pulling it, so I didn't include it.

You can disagree with me, but everything we've seen Lantian is more advanced than it's Ori counterpart.

Comment

The number of hives back then could've been a lot higher.
                    Sure it could have... but what have they done since then? They've been sleeping, eating humans, and basically lording over Pegasus. It's not like they'd be losing any ships

Comment

True, but like they say, it's all in how you use the tech.

The Ori are definately more war-like than the Lantians, which means they'll probably employ better tactics too (i.e. no diplomacy crap, just go in and start shooting anything that's Wraith-ified).

I mean, with the Wrath this divided and alone (it's pretty much one hive by itself these days), how long do you think it's gonna take for an Ori ship to obliterate a good portion of the Wraith society?

Comment

Where's the beaming technology all over Atlantis? The cupboards? They're basically the same as rings.

You're right the drones do seem the better weapon in terms of Manoeuvrability but that is the only thing we've seen better than what the Ori have.

I really don't see how you can say everything we've seen Lantian is more advanced than it's Ori counterpart, as this is totally untrue. It looks more advanced yes but in terms of what it actually does, no.

Comment

True, but like they say, it's all in how you use the tech.

The Ori are definately more war-like than the Lantians, which means they'll probably employ better tactics too (i.e. no diplomacy crap, just go in and start shooting anything that's Wraith-ified).

I mean, with the Wrath this divided and alone (it's pretty much one hive by itself these days), how long do you think it's gonna take for an Ori ship to obliterate a good portion of the Wraith society?
                          It's true that the Ori are more violent, that's why I said that when it comes right down to the survival of each race the Ori could simply watch their people being eaten by the wraith, then wait for the wraith to starve.

But Ship Wise they would be overwhelmed. The only reason the Wraith in Atlantis don't keep on breeding and multiplying is because there is too little food.

Originally posted by kirmit
                          Where's the beaming technology all over Atlantis? The cupboards? They're basically the same as rings.

You're right the drones do seem the better weapon in terms of Manoeuvrability but that is the only thing we've seen better than what the Ori have.

I really don't see how you can say everything we've seen Lantian is more advanced than it's Ori counterpart, as this is totally untrue. It looks more advanced yes but in terms of what it actually does, no.
                          It is, nonetheless, beaming technology.

And it seems to be more advanced:

Celests - Atlantis

Rings - Beaming Room

Death Ray - Drones

Dresses - Pants (hehe)

In general it's true that we do not have enough proof, but I don't think we've seen anythin were the Lantian technology seems inferior to the Ori, and we have the other way around.

Comment

Well, the # of ships could've been decreased in the war, not to mention a lot of hives dying out from lack of food.

Comment

lol I like the little dresses part .

I didn't mean to say what the Lantians had was inferior infact I'd say basically on par with the Ori, to me I haven't seen anything (with the exception of the drones) more advanced than anything the Ori have. Also if you say the cupboards are basically just beaming technology then the exact same could be said about rings, like the cupboards they've been used to transport people/objects to other parts of ships.

Comment

But Ship Wise they would be overwhelmed. The only reason the Wraith in Atlantis don't keep on breeding and multiplying is because there is too little food.
                                But isn't that enough of a reason for their defeat?

Comment

Working...
                                X