This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ori Warrior
    They can't interfere in the MW, what's to stop them in other galaxies?
    Pegasus is also protected, as we very well saw in the last episode

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
      I still dont understand how you think a Hive ship could take out an Ori ship, even if there are many hive ships as the Ori ships arent exactly hard to maneuver
      Spoiler:
      as seen in S10 ep1, the Ori ship turned pretty easily and was still shooting, it even went down (as in pointing down to shhot a ship, now thats maneuverability)
      The Ori ships have superior shields as well as weaponry and just general size. The Asgard couldnt even do much damage against the Ori shields, so how is the Wraith with no shields at all on their hives and yes a large number of darts but
      Spoiler:
      the Ori have their cruiser things that look like they have the same kind of energy as the motherships (the glowy thing in the middle) so they would be more powerful than the darts
      I am just stating my opinion as to what I think would happen if the Wraith went all out on the Ori. There's no doubt that the Ori ships are far more powerful in both weapons and shields. And yes the Wraith do not have sheilds. I think you would agre that the Wraith hive ships are powerful, just not nearly as powerful as the Ori ships. I still think if you put 10 or 15 hive ships on a single Ori ship it would be one hell of a fight and that the Ori ship would eventually take some damage, maybe even serious damage. In a one on one battle, the hive ship wouldn't last 2 minutes against the Ori ship. The Ori ship can fire at only so many targets at a time and only so fast. It is doubtful that they could engage all 10 to 15 hive ships at once. They would have to take the hive ships a little at a time. Even though the Wraith do not have seilds, I think the sheer size of their ships would require 2 or 3 shots from the Ori main weapon to take out a hive ship. The exact size comparison between a hive ship and an Ori ship are not definitively known. I've seen scaling estimates that put a hive around 10% bigger, and I've seen scaling that says it's twice as big. It appears that the Ori and Wraith have different fighting styles. The Ori appear to be the "knock out punchers" and the Wraith appear to prefer to wear down the enemy. Oh, and the Asgard ship that you stated, "The Asgard couldnt even do much damage against the Ori shields", was an Asgard science ship. It wasn't an Asgard war ship. The Asgard's science ships, though powerful in their own right, are not a measure of what the Asgard can do.
      That being said, I still firmly believe that a bunch of wraith hives could inflict serious damage on an Ori ship. But I also believe that it would take far more ships and firepower for the Wraith to win against multiple Ori ships, far more than they have. I don't think this is an unreasonable position to take.
      Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
      Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
        jaffa are poor shots lol they hardely hit anything...a hiveship could take atleast 3-4 hits from the ori weapon unless it hits the dart bay...
        Why do you say that? 3-4 times? I don't think so. 2, tops. And the 1st one would severely damage the hive anyway.

And like I calculated, it wouldn't take long for 1 Ori ship to take care of the entire Pegasus fleet, given there 1 shot=1 kill beam. In other words, it wouldn't have to stand up to Wraith bombardment for very long.

Comment

Ori could easily beat the Wraith because they're not a bunch of pussies like the Ancients, but have the same tech. They would bring the fight to the Pegasus, win every battle, and finish Wraith off.
          So my bet is on the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla
            I am just stating my opinion as to what I think would happen if the Wraith went all out on the Ori. There's no doubt that the Ori ships are far more powerful in both weapons and shields. And yes the Wraith do not have sheilds. I think you would agre that the Wraith hive ships are powerful, just not nearly as powerful as the Ori ships. I still think if you put 10 or 15 hive ships on a single Ori ship it would be one hell of a fight and that the Ori ship would eventually take some damage, maybe even serious damage. In a one on one battle, the hive ship wouldn't last 2 minutes against the Ori ship. The Ori ship can fire at only so many targets at a time and only so fast. It is doubtful that they could engage all 10 to 15 hive ships at once. They would have to take the hive ships a little at a time. Even though the Wraith do not have seilds, I think the sheer size of their ships would require 2 or 3 shots from the Ori main weapon to take out a hive ship. The exact size comparison between a hive ship and an Ori ship are not definitively known. I've seen scaling estimates that put a hive around 10% bigger, and I've seen scaling that says it's twice as big. It appears that the Ori and Wraith have different fighting styles. The Ori appear to be the "knock out punchers" and the Wraith appear to prefer to wear down the enemy. Oh, and the Asgard ship that you stated, "The Asgard couldnt even do much damage against the Ori shields", was an Asgard science ship. It wasn't an Asgard war ship. The Asgard's science ships, though powerful in their own right, are not a measure of what the Asgard can do.
            That being said, I still firmly believe that a bunch of wraith hives could inflict serious damage on an Ori ship. But I also believe that it would take far more ships and firepower for the Wraith to win against multiple Ori ships, far more than they have. I don't think this is an unreasonable position to take.
            I know you're just stating your opionion and I understand that. Dont get me wrong what you sadi there would actually make a really kool space battle and I would love to see that someday as it really would be action packed.

But my vote still has to go to the Ori sorry, although as I said, it as evened things out a bit

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
              From the episode:

So the original poster was right. There were 21 hives in our part of the galaxy, and maybe around 60 altogether.
              I think they will find their numbers wrong... I mean, unless the Wraith really are wimps and in that case they couldn't have defeated the Ancients. We've already taken out, what, almost 10 Hives in 3 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla
                And that is really too bad. For the show that is. It diminishes the threat to Atlantis with the wraith being so much weaker than the Ori, comparatively speaking that is.
                Not really -after all, I seem to recall the Tau'ri desperately trying to stop only 2 Hive Ships from reaching Earth. I don't know, I don't think the fact that the Ori are Ascended Beings from deminishing the Wraith... that's like saying you no longer like the Goa'uld because they sucked too, compared to the Ori.

Though in terms of numbers and power I would place in order Ori > Wraith > Goa'uld.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                  Though in terms of numbers and power I would place in order Ori > Wraith > Goa'uld.
                  Don't forget the replicators.
                  Ori > Reps > Wraith > Goa'uld.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                    I think they will find their numbers wrong... I mean, unless the Wraith really are wimps and in that case they couldn't have defeated the Ancients. We've already taken out, what, almost 10 Hives in 3 years?
                    The number of hives back then could've been a lot higher.

Comment

Why do you say that? 3-4 times? I don't think so. 2, tops. And the 1st one would severely damage the hive anyway.

And like I calculated, it wouldn't take long for 1 Ori ship to take care of the entire Pegasus fleet, given there 1 shot=1 kill beam. In other words, it wouldn't have to stand up to Wraith bombardment for very long.
                      hives are huge that alone would allow them to soak up more damage so it would not be 1 shot kill.....the wraith bombardment would cut the shields to shreds in minites if not seconds...
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

hives are huge that alone would allow them to soak up more damage so it would not be 1 shot kill.....
                        Didn't quite work very well for a naquada-generator-powered Ancient satellite, did it?

the wraith bombardment would cut the shields to shreds in minites if not seconds...
                        Impossible, given what they already stood up against. I'd give it hours, plenty of times for the Ori death beams to cut the hives to shreds.

Comment

It's possible they are higher now, the number that was stated was just an estimate. I'm just waiting for the Wraith to pull that proverbial bunny out of their butts and kick it up a notch.
                          Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                          Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

One on One the Ori win.

As a whole, the Ori fleet would lose.

Comment

Didn't quite work very well for a naquada-generator-powered Ancient satellite, did it?
                              the powersource means nothing and it was an ancient satelite(probably more powerful than the ori) hitting a hive by surprise and in the side i'd bet that the beam would have been less effective from the front...
                              Impossible, given what they already stood up against. I'd give it hours, plenty of times for the Ori death beams to cut the hives to shreds.
                              alright...just cause a bunch of ha'taks, an asgard vessel and a couple of bc-304s couldn't bring down an ori ship doesn't mean the wraith couldn't for starters their weapons are stronger(apart from maybe the asgard ones) and fire much faster and for all we know the ori shields could have taken damage...if the fleet had focueds all their firepower on a single ship the shields would have gone down....please don't over estimate the ori in an all out war the wraith would over run them
                              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

the powersource means nothing and it was an ancient satelite(probably more powerful than the ori) hitting a hive by surprise and in the side i'd bet that the beam would have been less effective from the front...
                                Surprise or not it doesn't matter. What other defenses could they have put up? Shields?

And ok, the Ori ship will just hit them from the side as well, no big deal.

alright...just cause a bunch of ha'taks, an asgard vessel and a couple of bc-304s couldn't bring down an ori ship doesn't mean the wraith couldn't for starters their weapons are stronger
                                Marginally. The Deady went up against two hives in "The Hive" and did pretty well for a short time.

(apart from maybe the asgard ones) and fire much faster and for all we know the ori shields could have taken damage...if the fleet had focueds all their firepower on a single ship the shields would have gone down....please don't over estimate the ori in an all out war the wraith would over run them
                                Canon haven't given me a reason not to "overestimate" them.

If we're talking about all Ori ships vs. all Wraith ships (all-out war), then the Ori will win NO SWEAT.

Comment

Working...
                                X