This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IcyNeko
    Why would the Asgard send a science vessel in a warzone? On the front lines?

Thor... pal... BUDDY.... where's the logic?
    to check out the ori abilitey... a race as smart as the asgard would know that to send there best warships in would be foolish because then the ori would know the asgard full space waring abilitey. a science vessel would be able to scan the ship monitor its weapons, shields too try and see what makes it tick so when the asgard finally do commit to a real space battle with their warships they will hopefully have an idea of how to attack and defeat the ori ships.

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

It looked like an O'Neil but I dont believe it was - theres nothing to say it wasnt a smaller similar shaped spaceship we havent seen before, there was also no shots and no real "evidence" to suggest it was blown up.

My speculation:
      The asgard on board the 304 was remote piloting it and it was sent back to its home-planet via remote control/ a safeguard measure after it was ineffective at damaging the toilet class.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1
        They have got the best hyperdrives we've seen on the show, they should have seen what happened at the supergate and sent an armada of their own at top speed to deal with those ori ships???
        I think it's called "A bit of realism" that the show's desperately needed I always hated the Asgard going from point A of the galaxy to point B in 2 seconds, especially since sometimes it would obviously take longer.

Comment

it may be a oneil but with the science technology incorporated
          just a oneil shell and underneath is a science vessel.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tony
            YOU are incorrect.... read the bio for season 9 final episode... they said it was a sience vessel... doesnt matter if it looked like a oniel .... could have been a oniel design but it was a sience vessel.. the oniel warship is 10x bigger than a hatak... and that vessel wasnt.
            Oh and just to show u all that are saying its a oniel warship your wrong again.. this was taken from the episode bio.

"Odyssey fires as the Ori ships power up their weapons. A full, pitched battle ensues. The Odyssey loses sub-light engines while the Korolev loses its hyperdrive. The massive Milky Way fleet -- comprised of Earth's two battlecruisers, Goa'uld Ha'tak vessels, Al'kesh bombers, and an Asgard science vessel -- fire volley after volley at the invading ships, but cannot penetrate their mighty shields. The Ori followers return fire with powerful beam weapons, cutting the ships to shreds."
            to check out the ori abilitey... a race as smart as the asgard would know that to send there best warships in would be foolish because then the ori would know the asgard full space waring abilitey. a science vessel would be able to scan the ship monitor its weapons, shields too try and see what makes it tick so when the asgard finally do commit to a real space battle with their warships they will hopefully have an idea of how to attack and defeat the ori ships.

To the first & second posts, why is he wrong for suggesting it, simply because it says it in the GW S9 episode guide. You do know that they are written by the members here who don't have official input into the show!

If you want to go by posting sites, then what about these 2:

http://www.answers.com/topic/daedalu...-battlecruiser

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O%27Neill_class_battleship

If you read through them, you'll see that BOTH say they are O'Neill class warships!

To your 3rd post, HOW would the Ori know anything about the Asgard's abilities, Earth doesn't know them, DJ doesn't know them. So being that they are in another galaxy, then I fail to comprehend who on Earth they could know this? Next, being that they were going into a possible battleground. Then it'd be pathetic to send in anything other than your most powerful ship. I'm sure it has more than enough sensors installed to do anything that a science ship could. After all, the Korelev managed to find an irregular pattern in their shields when they fired. So I'm sure an O'Neill class ship will have much, much, much more advanced sensors integrated into it's sytems than a 304. Combine that with the fact that it wasn't a scientific mission anyway, it was simply to stop them from dialling in. Which Kvasir did most of it from Odyssey anyway.

Bottom line is that if you look at the picture below:

Then look at the O'Neill & DJ classes below.

DJ Class science ship:

O'Neill class Warship:

There isn't any similarities whatsoever that could make anyone even think twice about it. Bottom line, the VFX guys screwed up in their scaling of everything. Ha'taks are far bigger than 304's yet looked similar in Camelot, yet we know that isn't true. The same with the Asgard ship happened.

It is an O'Neill class warship!
            Last edited by Wraith_Hunter; 16 July 2006, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Speaking of 304s and Ha'Taks. Did anyone notice the scene where the Odessy was facing off against the Lucian Alliance that the 304 is now BIGGER than the Ha'Taks?

WTH? LOL!
              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

show a pic i didnt notice

Comment

Originally posted by tony
                  show a pic i didnt notice
                  Why am I not surprised?
                  http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

pffft hey i agreed with u in the atlantis season 3 foldier about the wraith coming to earth... i just dont see it the same as you with teh science vessel

Comment

that's not good. if the most advanced asgard ship, the o'neill class got ownd we're screwed. outside the ancients they are the most powerful. furlings maybe.

anyway as mentioned millions of times before they don't have to get involved they are rebuilding their very very shattered empire. we're lucky they sent one. they have no responsiblity to help us any longer. that deal ended with the demise of the goauld.
                      A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                        To the first & second posts, why is he wrong for suggesting it, simply because it says it in the GW S9 episode guide. You do know that they are written by the members here who don't have official input into the show!

If you want to go by posting sites, then what about these 2:

http://www.answers.com/topic/daedalu...-battlecruiser

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O%27Neill_class_battleship

If you read through them, you'll see that BOTH say they are O'Neill class warships!

To your 3rd post, HOW would the Ori know anything about the Asgard's abilities, Earth doesn't know them, DJ doesn't know them. So being that they are in another galaxy, then I fail to comprehend who on Earth they could know this? Next, being that they were going into a possible battleground. Then it'd be pathetic to send in anything other than your most powerful ship. I'm sure it has more than enough sensors installed to do anything that a science ship could. After all, the Korelev managed to find an irregular pattern in their shields when they fired. So I'm sure an O'Neill class ship will have much, much, much more advanced sensors integrated into it's sytems than a 304. Combine that with the fact that it wasn't a scientific mission anyway, it was simply to stop them from dialling in. Which Kvasir did most of it from Odyssey anyway.

Bottom line is that if you look at the picture below:

Then look at the O'Neill & DJ classes below.

DJ Class science ship:

O'Neill class Warship:

There isn't any similarities whatsoever that could make anyone even think twice about it. Bottom line, the VFX guys screwed up in their scaling of everything. Ha'taks are far bigger than 304's yet looked similar in Camelot, yet we know that isn't true. The same with the Asgard ship happened.

It is an O'Neill class warship!
                        The Asgard ship was a Science Vessal bottom line. It said it and so it is. What does us knowing about the Asgard tech. have to do with the Asgard sending in a scout to test and see what they are going up against. And second, The Asgard was't sending a vessal into war. They were sending a science vessal to try and figure out a way o blow it up or do anything they can before it opened and it opened before they could. Because if you want to get technical the last time I checked you don't send someone out to do a spacewalk when you are getting ready for an all out space war.
                        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                          There are at least 3 ships that we know of.
                          The beliskner
                          The Daniel Jackson
                          The oniel

The beliskner was decommsioned after small victories.
                          The daniel jackson was introduced for S8 and may be seen again.
                          The oniel wasa prototype asgard warship to fight the replicators, it was then moved to MP as evidenced by redemption adn freya turning up in three of them.
                          The oniel in small victories, which i watched 3 days ago, and own! is identical, in every single way to the ship in camolot except in redeption the oneil is about 10x bigger than the promethius, In fact in unnatural selection the promethius is dwarfed.....compared to the oniel everything in that battle, including the supergate, BC's, hataks and oir vessels should be tiny in comparison.
                          The Beliskner blew up in Earths atmosphere.
                          The Daniel Jackson - Thor fled it in order to save his own life. After that they haven't saifd anything about it.
                          O'Niell (two'L's) was blown up in hyperspace. It was Sams idea.
                          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Working...
                          X