This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogo01
    Peoples General: I'm just wondering what episode it was where you took that screenshot of the O'Neill Class Asgard ship.
    That was the episode where they used it to blow up the replicatr ships in hyperspace.
    SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
      BS? Did the thought of a possible "visual effects" screw up cross your mind?

Don't go around telling me that Im talking BS, when you and many others seem to lack the memory for what a Daniel Jackson class ship looks like and instead make assumptions about what you see. And then when someone tries to correct you... you attack them.... wtf?
      Look, I'm sorry If anything said came off sounding like an attack, It wasn't meant as such.
      MASSIVE SPOIERS TO FOLLOW: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
      Spoiler:
      Snape kills Dumbledore
      Spoiler:
      Darth Vader is Luke's Father
      Spoiler:
      Rosebud is a sled
      Spoiler:
      Bruce Willis' character was a ghost
      Spoiler:
      The planet of the apes is actually Earth
      Spoiler:
      The two guys in Fight Club are the same guy
      Spoiler:
      Clark Kent is Superman
      Spoiler:
      What? You were expecting Stargate Spoilers?

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1
        Look back and get your posters straightened out, i never said it was a jackson class ship, what I said was it was not an Oneil class ship as evident by the MASSIVE size discrepancy. Plus, if you look back at that replicator episode where the oneill is parked, you see a beliskner class ship taking off in front of the oneil, the damn think looks absolutly tiny in comparison. I think you are forgetting how big these oneils are suppose to be.

And if you look back at my post I said "visual effects screw up" which should suggest, that I know how big the O'Neills are supposed to be.

Although I think it would make more sense for the O'Niells to be that large, about BC-304 or Ha'Tak sized. I mean come on... the Asgard aren't exactly 20ft tall aliens and they have superior tech to the Goa'uld, and Earth. Why bother building such a large ship if their not that big, and that their tech is very advanced?
        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by muddyalcapones
          Look, I'm sorry If anything said came off sounding like an attack, It wasn't meant as such.
          Not you... it was Mach1 who accused me of BSing... which I did not take too kindly to.
          http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
          http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

And if you look back at my post I said "visual effects screw up" which should suggest, that I know how big the O'Neills are supposed to be.

Although I think it would make more sense for the O'Niells to be that large, about BC-304 or Ha'Tak sized. I mean come on... the Asgard aren't exactly 20ft tall aliens and they have superior tech to the Goa'uld, and Earth. Why bother building such a large ship if their not that big, and that their tech is very advanced?
            in your support i thought it was straightened out that the graphics guys already appologized for the size screw up.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

It was an O'Neill class waship. They simply screwed up all VFX to fit everything into the shots. Which made the O'Neill look smaller than the 304's, plus also making the 304's the same as the Ha'taks. Yet we know that isn't true as seen when Prommie was dwarfed by them in previous eps.

Comment

we didnt see it this ep. i was starting to get worried but landry said its still there, i think. well kvasir is, maybe they will reconsider limiting what they give us now...
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I am not sure the Asgard could stop the Ori. It seems their numbers are still down from the Replicators as well.

Comment

Forgive me if i'm making a mistake but wasn't the O'neill class specificaly designed to fight the Replicators ? my guess is that fighting those u need big strong ships, not dwarf ones.

Comment

The oneil!!!!!
                      What the hell happened, first you screw up the scaling SO badly that it might a well just a be rouge death glider, then the last scene is a image of the ship flying past being all happy with the carnage...then its dead...there is NO way in hell's raining fire that the oniel couldnt have taken on those ships...
                      The oneil is the most advanced space vessel in the history of the asgard, it should have been at least able to dent a few ships...
                      If the oniel didnt stop or fight them and got destroyed then...then we really are screwed royally...
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Would it not make more sense then just to believe that the writers intended the Asgard ship to be a personal vessel rather than an O'neill Class Warship? I am assuming that in was Vaseir's (SP?) own transport vessel with limited weapon's capabilities which was simply dumped on the nearest planet so he could assit the Odyesey with damage control.

That's just what I am taking it as, I do not mean to disrespect your views on the matter, please do not take offense.

Comment

The asgard are only so advanced. Yes they are more advanced then we are, yes they have helped us alot in recent years.... BUT

The asgard don't have NEAR the technology that the Ancients did. From the Ep's that we've seen, The Asgard were probably on the same level as the Tauri when they went into the Great Alliance with the Ancients, Nox, and Furlings. I say this because in Millions of years, if thats what u've learned, u must have been somewhere close to the technological advancement that the Tauri are on now.

I say all this because I don't beleive that the Asgard would have helped all that much. We have to keep in mind that the Ori are basicly ancients. Meaning they have the same power and the same technology. The Asgard, as stated in previous Ep's, have berely scratched the surface of Ancient technology, and have been working on a FRACTION OF A PERCENTAGE of the database that they were able to extract, ever since Thor can remember. Even if it was an O'Niell class Asgard vessel, I dont beleive it would have done all that much.

We are royally screwed if we can't find Merlin's Ascended being Killer...

Thanks to Captain Jake for the sig!

Comment

IT WAS AN ONIEL! everyone who says it isnt is wrong. plain and simple and TPTB made a screw up like never before in putting it in to the episode wrongly...I love space battles, i love all the episdoes last night dont get me wrong but i just dont like it when poeple say TPTB didnt make a mistake when they clearly did.
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

I'd like to point out that in the last episode of Season 9 they said an Asgard Science Ship was there incase they found the Sangraal. Now why would this science ship flee and a warship be brought in seconds after the gate was open?

It doesnt matter what Class of ship it is BECAUSE WE DONT KNOW THE SHIP CLASSES OF THE ASGARD! Their war ships could look like science Vessels and their science vessels like Warships. does it matter that it looked like a warship?

Arent they still fighting replicaters in their own galaxy? This could explain why they arent full force helping, and perhaps they dont have time to build diffrent designs and are just shoving up ships that look like Warships, but are only as powerful as science vessles.

It really doenst matter.

If you're wondering how he eats and breathes
                              And other science facts,
                              Just repeat to yourself "It's just a show,
                              I should really just relax......
                              For Mystery Science Theater 3000.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

The Replicators are gone. The one is th asgard Galaxy are disorganized if they are even still there. Repli Carter took command of the Replicators and brought them to our Galaxy and th got destroyed I'm not sure what the hell the Asgard are doing but the Milky Way needs some serious hel and quick. Or they will lose everything in matter of weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X