Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah the milky way galaxy needs help quick. even if the asguard bring all of their ships to kill the ori they still can send more through the supergate anyway and as you can tell in season 9 episode 19 their was more than 4 ships we could see so the new girl adrail can call for more ships anyway

Comment

Originally posted by bentley2003
      We are royally screwed if we can't find Merlin's Ascended being Killer...
      technically, its cancelling out, not killing

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1
        They have got the best hyperdrives we've seen on the show, they should have seen what happened at the supergate and sent an armada of their own at top speed to deal with those ori ships???
        Thats just it. They have the hyperrives on the show...... and they boned the 'F' out. They never even said what happend to the Asgard ship. My guess is he used those hyperdrives and got the hell out of there. Fire fifty shots and nothing, I would be gone to.

Live to Fight Another Day. Bra'Tac...
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
          Thats just it. They have the hyperrives on the show...... and they boned the 'F' out. They never even said what happend to the Asgard ship. My guess is he used those hyperdrives and got the hell out of there. Fire fifty shots and nothing, I would be gone to.

Live to Fight Another Day. Bra'Tac...
          indeed
          SAVE SG-1
          www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
          Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Here's the thing...

The Asgard have information on the Ori either due to the four great races alliance or because of Earth (latter seems more accurate). They know that the Ori Priors are dangerous. Now that a supergate is up, I doubt the Asgard would underestimate the Ori by sending in a science vessel.

The Asgard "Daniel Jackson"-class Science vessel is either unarmed or has very scaled back weapons; it wasn't meant to do battle. It's scientific gear is top notch, which means it can probably fabricate stuff faster than an O'Neill-class battleship. Hence why Thor had one to build the anti-replicator generator.

In any case, you don't send a science vessel into the heat of battle (replicators are a special case..). If it's an all-out invasion, you send your best ships at the beachhead.

Comment

Though to be fair, when I rewatched it, the ship is smaller. It's not a perspective thing.. the way everything shifted when the camera shifted shows it. I'm willing to bet it's an fx issue.

Here's screenshots:

The screenshots show that it's clearly a O'Neill-design warship...

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                Here's the thing...

The Asgard have information on the Ori either due to the four great races alliance or because of Earth (latter seems more accurate). They know that the Ori Priors are dangerous. Now that a supergate is up, I doubt the Asgard would underestimate the Ori by sending in a science vessel.

The Asgard "Daniel Jackson"-class Science vessel is either unarmed or has very scaled back weapons; it wasn't meant to do battle. It's scientific gear is top notch, which means it can probably fabricate stuff faster than an O'Neill-class battleship. Hence why Thor had one to build the anti-replicator generator.

In any case, you don't send a science vessel into the heat of battle (replicators are a special case..). If it's an all-out invasion, you send your best ships at the beachhead.
                agree completly
                SAVE SG-1
                www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                  I'd like to point out that in the last episode of Season 9 they said an Asgard Science Ship was there incase they found the Sangraal. Now why would this science ship flee and a warship be brought in seconds after the gate was open?
                  Ok, I'm going to add my two cents to the situation here, I believe if you look at a season 7 episode, called Fragile Balance, the Asgard Science Ship used in Camalot looks awfully like the one Loki was using in the former named episode. I haven't had the opportunity to look back so, I could be wrong.

Originally posted by Metonic
                  It doesnt matter what Class of ship it is BECAUSE WE DONT KNOW THE SHIP CLASSES OF THE ASGARD! Their war ships could look like science Vessels and their science vessels like Warships. does it matter that it looked like a warship?
                  To our limited knowledge there are only 4 classes; the 4 we have seen on the show. Other than that, we don't know jack. Helpful? Yes? No? Like I said, two cents.
                  Aadizookaan

Comment

i thought i saw the ship bug out before the korelev got it good. and it might not have been a oneill class, could have been a smaller "frigate" variant

Comment

There are at least 3 ships that we know of.
                      The beliskner
                      The Daniel Jackson
                      The oniel

The beliskner was decommsioned after small victories.
                      The daniel jackson was introduced for S8 and may be seen again.
                      The oniel wasa prototype asgard warship to fight the replicators, it was then moved to MP as evidenced by redemption adn freya turning up in three of them.
                      The oniel in small victories, which i watched 3 days ago, and own! is identical, in every single way to the ship in camolot except in redeption the oneil is about 10x bigger than the promethius, In fact in unnatural selection the promethius is dwarfed.....compared to the oniel everything in that battle, including the supergate, BC's, hataks and oir vessels should be tiny in comparison.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                        Have you been watching StarGate? That was an O'Neill Class ship, the science vessels, the "Daniel Jacksons", are very different looking and is much smaller.

Landry stated in "Flesh and Blood" that despite 2 Earth ships, 1 Asgard ship (O'Neill class), and a fleet of Ha'Taks we.... still got our arses kicked. I wouldn't doubt the possibility that it was destroyed.

We're talking evil and very aggressive versions of the Ancients here people. Come on... work it out!

YOU are incorrect.... read the bio for season 9 final episode... they said it was a sience vessel... doesnt matter if it looked like a oniel .... could have been a oniel design but it was a sience vessel.. the oniel warship is 10x bigger than a hatak... and that vessel wasnt.

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Oh and just to show u all that are saying its a oniel warship your wrong again.. this was taken from the episode bio.

"Odyssey fires as the Ori ships power up their weapons. A full, pitched battle ensues. The Odyssey loses sub-light engines while the Korolev loses its hyperdrive. The massive Milky Way fleet -- comprised of Earth's two battlecruisers, Goa'uld Ha'tak vessels, Al'kesh bombers, and an Asgard science vessel -- fire volley after volley at the invading ships, but cannot penetrate their mighty shields. The Ori followers return fire with powerful beam weapons, cutting the ships to shreds."

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

maybe the size suggested that it was a science vessel but it all might of been some editing problems to fit the ship into the scene
                            sigpic

Comment

I think the asgard need to help us recreate more drones.

Comment

Why would the Asgard send a science vessel in a warzone? On the front lines?

Thor... pal... BUDDY.... where's the logic?

Comment

Working...
                                X