Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

think we will have a battle like when anubis invaded?..... if they go that rout i hope it goes a little further than a battle over a patch of ice or water.
    SAVE SG-1
    www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
    Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

No, I don't. The Ori wouldn't stay in orbit for too long, and their weapons are far too powerful not to be noticed. If they get to Earth, it will be a massacre.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
        No, I don't. The Ori wouldn't stay in orbit for too long, and their weapons are far too powerful not to be noticed. If they get to Earth, it will be a massacre.
        agreed. the only chance earth would have is if all the ships land.
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

the jaffa is the biggest army in the galaxy. not the most advanced but the biggest. since the ori need more worshippers as a consequence they try to convert the largest population. maybe that will allow them to step into our galaxy directly.

Comment

if did attack earth wouldnt there be ancient drones to help destroy the ori ships

or

Somehow cloak the earth unser the power of the suns energy like atlantis or better yet hide it in another dimension....

BY THE WAY I WAS BEING SARCASTIC!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one
              Somehow cloak the earth unser the power of the suns energy like atlantis or better yet hide it in another dimension....
              It might actually be possible if we used...
              Spoiler:
              Arthur's Mantle.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Of course, one possibility that hasn't seemed to have gained much support is the idea that drones might be effective against Orii shields.

So far, we haven't seen any protection that is actually effective against drones when the drones have the numbers. It could be that the Orii are hesitant to launch against Earth whilst they have so few big ships in the MW.

As for the ship numbers...

Spoiler:
                i suspect that something else is going on in another part of the universe, that is sidetracking both the Orii fleet and the Asgard. Spoilers for Morpheus indicate that several galaxies are under attack. Given the absolutely pithy contribution the Asgard made, in the next episode SG-1 might have some hard questions for the Asgard and get some info on what else is happening out there.

This could also explain why the Supergate shut down ; the Orii might only be using one Supergate on their end and they are dialling different galaxies at a time with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                  It might actually be possible if we used...
                  Spoiler:
                  Arthur's Mantle.
                  Isn't that out of power, thereby rendering it impossible for us to do so?
                  Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                  Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                  -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity
                    Isn't that out of power, thereby rendering it impossible for us to do so?
                    They might be able to charge it with a ZPM...who knows?
                    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

maybe the asgard are busy fighting the ori in other galaxyies???
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                        The bigger question isn't "Why doesn't the Ori attack Earth" it's "Why didn't the Ori attack Dakara?" If they consider the Jaffa their primary target, then going after Chulak seems an almost symbolic act, but of no real strategic value. Going after Dakara would essentially cripple the Jaffa nation. They would either fall into dissaray, or surrender to Origin. So, why did they not go for a decisive victory right off?

My thought is that they didn't attack Dakara for the same reason they didn't attack Earth: they weren't sure they could win. Earth and Dakara both have something in common. They both have Ancient devices with stunning levels of power. Earth has the Antarctic outpost. Dakara has the device they used to destroy the Replicators. The Ori might know they are there, but be unaware of their status (ie, barely functional, and destroyed by the Jaffa respectively)... and it's possible both planets have other Ancient devices. Both were outposts of the Ancients. Chulak has no such advantage. So, the Ori went for the easy win.

I've no doubt they will attack Earth and Dakara, but only in force. They just weren't confident that 4 ships would do the trick.

-IMF
                        And now Quoth Teal'c in tonight's eppy: "Most likely the Ancient weapon in Antarctica has given them pause."

"There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X