Season 10 - Promotional Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by esoap524
    Or, because Cam is in the picture with Landry...no, I can't say it.
    "How *you* doin' General?"

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      "How *you* doin' General?"
      And he's not a bad looking man...

(okay, maybe I've just veered into PG-13/R land. Apologies)

Comment

Overall, I really liked the photos. We've been waiting so long for anything, and, at least we finally got something.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
          I just don't think it's negative wanting to see the actor and not the shell. Sometimes I think people see negativity where there is only difference of opinion.
          Tell me about it. No one should be required do a happy dance for SG-1 Plastique just to pre-appease the Negativity Police. Ugh. Frankly, those pictures freaked me *** out. That's life.

Originally posted by ping-pong
          I bet if they were shown au natural with eye bags, pimples, 5 o'clock shadows, greying hair and facial lines
          Ah, Straw Man has arrived with old friend False Dichotomy!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            By the way if you want to see some more bad photoshop manipulations... here are some I did last night. Maybe I should apply at Sci-Fi for next year's photo shoot. Obviously skill or experience isn't a pre-reg.
            Heh. I like your compositions better, ForeverSg1. Tried to green you earlier today but no luck. Have you given a go at de-airbrushing them?

Comment

She's also in a pic paired with Sam. Does that mean Sam/Vala ship?
              lol! Maybe, maybe not!

Seriously, as it is a pet peeve of mine I guess I was overly sensitive to the pic. I guess what got me is not only was she not in a pic with Daniel by himself, the one with Cam seemed almost romantic whereas none of the others do.

Regardless, they are beautiful pictures despite the airbrushing. I feel that they are very artistic. In fact not only do I love Claudia's clothes, I love her hair as I often wear my much shorter hair like that.

Hopefully you'll ignore me as I seemed to be in a critical mood today.

Comment

Also, what's with the 'they don't look normal or real' mess? I bet if they were shown au natural with eye bags, pimples, 5 o'clock shadows, greying hair and facial lines, people on here would be like "Ewww, he or she could've looked better than that". "Why didn't she use concealor on those eyes."

That's people for you. Can't ever see the positive in ANYTHING. Always leaning towards the negative----everytime. Sigh.
                I think it's not that the people on the photos were photoshopped, but that the photoshopping was way overdone for most (including me). I am not against removing a minor birthmark or a wrinkle. But to airbrush off EVERYTHING that makes these people look human? Meh.
                No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I like this years photos. I like the relaxed look, its good to see. There are hundreds of photos out there in thier BDUs etc, its nice to see them in "normal" clothes.

I wasn't keen on last years pics as they were wearing black on a dark background. Didn't work so well! But these new ones are great! I love the one of Sam and Vala! Its great! True a little airbrushed, but they always are, so that's not a problem!

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by GeniiPrior111
                    season 10 promotional photography.
                    http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s10/photos.shtml
                    God, these are terrible! They suck big-time. All of them are airbrushed beyond recognition, especially Claudia. She's a striking woman but in these she looks completely washed out. And that green top is horrible. As are the rest of the clothes, nasty colours, naff and completely style-free, even the lame attempt to sex things up with a couple of leather jackets falls flat. The overall look is too dark, not atmospheric in the least, just dark and dull.

The only one I like even a smidgeon is the one of Ben and Amanda.

The Atlantis pics are slightly better but I think heads need to roll in the promos dept!

Did I mention I think these photos suck?!
                    sigpic
                    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

God, these are terrible! They suck big-time. All of them are airbrushed beyond recognition, especially Claudia. She's a striking woman but in these she looks completely washed out. And that green top is horrible. As are the rest of the clothes, nasty colours, naff and completely style-free, even the lame attempt to sex things up with a couple of leather jackets falls flat. The overall look is too dark, not atmospheric in the least, just dark and dull.

The only one I like even a smidgeon is the one of Ben and Amanda.

The Atlantis pics are slightly better but I think heads need to roll in the promos dept!

Did I mention I think these photos suck?!

(Reposted here from another thread)

EDIT: SORRY ABOUT THE DOUBLE POST FOLKS, THINK THE MODS COMBINED TWO THREADS (EITHER THAT OR I'M LOSING MY MARBLES. YEAH, PROBABLY THE LATTER)
                      Last edited by Commander Ivanova; 14 June 2006, 05:44 AM.
                      sigpic
                      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by tamrinm
                        lol! Maybe, maybe not!

Seriously, as it is a pet peeve of mine I guess I was overly sensitive to the pic. I guess what got me is not only was she not in a pic with Daniel by himself, the one with Cam seemed almost romantic whereas none of the others do.

Regardless, they are beautiful pictures despite the airbrushing. I feel that they are very artistic. In fact not only do I love Claudia's clothes, I love her hair as I often wear my much shorter hair like that.

If it helps any, I think the picture with Ben and Claudia looks more "relaxed" rather than romantic, although I can see where either definition would work. I chalk it up to Ben and Claudia working together for so long and being really comfortable with each other. I think that Ben [and Claudia] probably feel really comfortable with all the cast, but they do have that "history" that they are now just building with the Stargate cast.

BTW, I love the background of these pictures.

Comment

Of course Chris Judge has no facial expression he's in 'Teal'c mode'. Has Teal'c ever been known to constantly smile from ear to ear? Also, has it ever occurred that these are the characters and not the actors that are in these pictures--characters that are not in their uniforms; but instead in regular clothes?

Also, what's with the 'they don't look normal or real' mess? I bet if they were shown au natural with eye bags, pimples, 5 o'clock shadows, greying hair and facial lines, people on here would be like "Ewww, he or she could've looked better than that". "Why didn't she use concealor on those eyes."

That's people for you. Can't ever see the positive in ANYTHING. Always leaning towards the negative----everytime. Sigh.
                          No one's complained about the actors, just the overdose of photoshopping. Yes, we'd rather they look real. We all realize that actors wear makeup, heck, most real people do too <G> but we WOULD like to see them as we see them on the screen, not as plasticized figures.

And quite honestly, in all the years I've watched Stargate, I've never seen Teal'c look quite like THAT

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                            Exactly- I thought Torri Higgensen especially was way overdone last year, but this year she looks great. I really like the Atlantis photo (but still, they should let Rachel wear something a little more natural). They look like people! Unlike the SG-1 photo which made me think of a wax museum.....

Oh well, as long as these photos don't reflect the quality of the show I'm all game for season ten!
                            LOL... it's the Stargate SG-1 exhibit at Madame Tussaud's!

I agree with you there. Hopefully it won't reflect the quality of the show. The nicer way the Atlantis ones were done compared to this makes me wonder if they're really concentrating more on that show and almost "phoning it in" for SG-1. Though I'm probably too cynical.

Hopefully better photos will be on the way - I remember that they came out with more last season after the first batch. And as long as they don't look this bad in season 10, I'm okay with it! The pic in your sig seems to better reveal what we can expect in that department.
                            Last edited by JessM; 14 June 2006, 04:24 AM.

Comment

She's also in a pic paired with Sam. Does that mean Sam/Vala ship?
                              LOL... I don't think the pairing in photos has anything to do with the show. Heck, last year there was a pic of Daniel and Sam together, but they weren't paired in the show. As to what the previous poster said (who was quoted by Agent_Dark...sorry, I'm too lazy to go back in the posts...lol), I don't see how Vala is "paired" with Daniel, at least according to the episode spoilers. I believe tptb said they weren't pairing anyone this season. They might be involved in some eps together, but that doesn't automatically equate to a romantic pairing, or anything... at least IMHO.

Spoiler:
                              Spoilers for Morpheus tell us there will be an "angsty" Sam/Daniel scene. Does that mean that Sam and Daniel are paired this season? Nope.

Straying off topic here... sorry... but, at any rate, I don't think who they are paired with in the photos translates to how they are paired in the show. They're just pairing up different people to get different shots.

And quite honestly, I rather like the Mitchell and Vala photo (aside from all the photoshopping).

Comment

Originally posted by tamrinm
                                lol! Maybe, maybe not!

I can understand, as I was overly sensitive about Daniel's new glasses... right away I was almost repulsed by them...and thought his hair was too short (which I still do). I suppose in time I could get used to it, and maybe he won't look as bad in the actual episodes.

I wouldn't worry about the fact that he isn't paired with Vala. There could be more pics on the way (though I personally don't really believe that who a person is paired with in a photo much reflects who they are paired with on the show...unless they're in an embrace or kissing, or gazing into each other's eyes). I think, to be fair, that there should be pairings for everyone in the photos. Not just Cam and Sam and Cam and Vala, but also Sam and Teal'c, Sam and Daniel, Teal'c and Vala, etc.... you get the idea. They basically did that last year, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X