X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiret
    They could give the halls a makeover! Lol

(Actually I like having the same old hallways. I instantly know which show I'm watching.)
    Lol. We had a thread on Gateroom Refurb. It involved potted plants, and a patio with a bar that served drinks with little umbrellas.....and a trap-door ramp that could press a button and any enemy who got through would fall in to a snake pit.....

I love the SGC. The hallways, the labs, it's all so familiar, feels like home for our characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
      I didn't make this thread because I thought the Cheyenne mountain complex is boring or anything. Nor because I actually think they'll ever do something like this. I posted it because of the possibilty that it may be safer for their Earth.
      I never said you did. I was making a general comment on the apparent state of fandom, wherein the newer and shinier something is, the more fans seem to like it. Anything more than a couple of seasons old is considered "outdated" and in need of replacement, the Goa'uld being the top victims. I figure it's only a matter of time before EVERYTHING gets replaced- the theme song, the mountain, the remaining original characters... Out with the old, in with the new. *shrug*

I hope it doesn't happen, but I won't be surprised if it does.

Comment

I was thinking more about this idea, and it's not as bad as I thought. I would still have the SGC in Cheyenne Mountain but maybe have a few SG teams based on a ship with somewhat of a mini SGC aboard. Sounds like that might make some interesting stories.

Comment

They spend too much time on ships for my taste as it is.

Comment

Stargate is supposed to be about going through the bir round spinny thing, not riding to the rescue on a big honkin' ship. That's why it's called STARGATE and not, I dunno, Going to Other Planets.

Comment

How about as opposed to a ship, more a satellite, as suggested in stargate: horizon?

Could be internationally controlled then resolving other countries issues with the USA controlling everything gate related, still be in vicinity of earth to make it "personal".

Also as its not a ship it doesnt run the risk of being too much like trek or farscape...
              Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

Originally posted by KRiZ
                Also as its not a ship it doesnt run the risk of being too much like trek or farscape...
                Then it'll be B5 or Deep Space Nine.

Comment

Techincally speaking, Season 9 has being more loyal to the original premise than the past 8 seasons.

Simply because the main theme is not battling the Goa'Uld, it's using the Stargate, and now they are battling agains those who created the stargates, and will use them in every original and disturbing way they can to take over this galaxy.

So in that sense, it's the most loyal season, finally exploring in more detail everything of the Stargates, and how they were meant to be used.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                    Techincally speaking, Season 9 has being more loyal to the original premise than the past 8 seasons.

Simply because the main theme is not battling the Goa'Uld, it's using the Stargate, and now they are battling agains those who created the stargates, and will use them in every original and disturbing way they can to take over this galaxy.

So in that sense, it's the most loyal season, finally exploring in more detail everything of the Stargates, and how they were meant to be used.
                    Good point, I like seeing the Supergates- creation of a sheild, etc. Shows that a Stargate is for more then just waltzing through to another planet.

Comment

IMO, it's way too cold in Antarctica, unless we're looking to freeze all of our enemies to death.

Cheyenne Mountain is still the best place to be, I think. I can't picture SG1 having all of their operations based from a ship, not even an Asgard one.

And didn't they manage to take that time machine ship from "Moebius" through the 'Gate?
                      "With all due respect, sir"......we're all due some respect.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        True enough. I suppose now fans will start talking about how "boring" Stargate Command is and it's just "the same lame hallways, all the time" and they want something "new and different" to look at to keep up their interest.
                        New and different---they already have Mitchell and Vala and Lam and Landry--that's all the new and different I need, and way more than I want.
                        "With all due respect, sir"......we're all due some respect.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipShape
                          IMO, it's way too cold in Antarctica, unless we're looking to freeze all of our enemies to death.
                          Not to mention the US do not have ANY territory on Antartica

Keep it in a mountain but refresh it a bit. take over the entire complex or something.
                          My favs:

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            Then it'll be B5 or Deep Space Nine.
                            i applaud your sarcasm, however one difference, neither of those space stations orbited earth...

Also B5 and DS9 wouldnt be bad things to be like, altho Stargate has its own premise and shouldnt be "like" anything else
                            Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

Originally posted by KRiZ
                              i applaud your sarcasm, however one difference, neither of those space stations orbited earth...
                              And that's supposed to make it "completely different"? Sorry, but I don't see it that way. And while, yes, my comment was sarcastic, I also think there's a note of truth in it. Especially since, as I said somewhere, Stargate's producers don't have what it takes (IMO, anyway) to make something of that nature unique and different. They'd just copy off their betters and rest on their laurels, knowing the fans will accept it no matter what because hey, it's Stargate.

But is it REALLY Stargate if you start to remove everything about the show that makes it Stargate? Personally, I think Cheyenne Mountain plays a large part in making the show what it is. Sure, they could have a mobile command on a ship or a station or even another planet, but I think it would take a lot away from the show.

Atlantis can "get away" with it because it's supposed to be a remote base, but SG-1 is supposed to be about protecting Earth and if the command center isn't even on Earth, well... what's the point?

This is all my opinion, of course. I'm sure there are many who'll disagree or who can tout evidence to "prove" how SG-1 could move the SGC and still be Stargate, but for me, personally, it just wouldn't be Stargate without that base.

...Now, if Cheyenne got destroyed in some kind of attack and that forced everyone to scramble and set up elsewhre, that could be a potentially brialliant arc, but the story would have to be good enough to support it and there'd have to be solid reasoning behind it. And sensationalism isn't a good enough reason.

Besides, the point of a story like that would still be- IMO- to get back to Earth or retake the mountain or something along those lines, and not that they'd continue to be set up wherever instead. It'd be temporary.

Comment

they already have the Alpha site and properly a Beta site, a ship would be pointless especially seeing as we know the outcome when an Ori ship fires on our Ships lol
                                Those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X