This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spudster
    if the stargate was in control of president crap talk bush then there would be no alien races on other planets, he would have nuked them all to get their fossil fuels.
    He would have taken all their naquada/naquadria, and he would probably be xenophobic. We'd never get the chance to meet Thor.

Comment

If the stargate was real, I would join the military just so I can travel threw the stargate and explore other worlds.But if it was real do you think the rest of the world would know about?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
        He would have taken all their naquada/naquadria, and he would probably be xenophobic. We'd never get the chance to meet Thor.
        yeh because bush will have bombed thor.
        ------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Spudster
          yeh because bush will have bombed thor.
          Maybe Thor could beam Bush up to his ship where the airlock will malfunction.

Comment

hoora!!! the asgard save earth from nuclear destruction once again!!!
            ------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by ShipShape
              Well, that just proves it is real--they got wind of the riot.

For a long time, off and on, I have wondered if "God", as we perceive Him, was actually an alien, part of an advanced alien race, who either "made" this world, or came here and started humankind on a different track than what we were on (apes, chimpanzees, whatever). They could be like the Asgard, and still be protecting us; heaven could be Asgard beaming technology that takes us to a bucolic, peaceful planet light-years away. So, I don't find it impossible to believe that the stargate could be real.
              I think it was Arthur C. Clarke that said "Any sufficently advanced technology is indistinguishible from magic." He probably spelled it better, but that's what he said.

However it would hardly have been "God", but rather one of his 'ancestors', one of the early gods of humankind who could be credited. I mean it is possible for an advanced race to swoop in, alter a monkeys DNA slightly and leave without leaving any traces. They could visit again, set fire to talking scrubbery, cut their brothers to pieces and have their wifes reassemble them or founding any other myth that you can think of.

That's kind of the point of sci-fi, the "it could happen" factor, which distinguish it from fantasy.

Oh, and if stargate were real I would stand in line to get a snake implanted in my head. Yeah sure, I wouldn't be in control, but I'd live forever inside this really cool guy. Assuming I get to partake in his pleasures, taste what he tastes etc. I can't think of anything greater. Long live the systemlords. I mean, literary.
              "You have been impregnated, without copulation?"
              "Yes! And I am absolutly terrified! Have any of you ever heard of anything like it?"
              "Well, there's one..."
              "Darth Vader!"
              "Really!? How did that turn out?"

Comment

the stargate isnt real? noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol

Comment

*psst!* I can see Alien people....
                  Spoiler:
                  Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                  I caught frogs and called them prince
                  And made myself a queen
                  Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                  I slept in castles and fell in love
                  Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                  To capture tinkerbell
                  They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                  But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                  And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                  And anything I can to get by
                  And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

I wish stargate was real... cause then my ideal major, aerospace engineering would become more popular then it alrdy is...

hmmmm my uncle is a high ranking General in the USAF, maybe I can talk to him about the stargate, but I dought he wuld tell me anything. If I did find anything out, and came to post it here back to you guys, you know the secret gov't moderators wuld pull down my post, and send some1 to kill me...

Comment

There is/was a Star Gate Project (no, my spacing is perfect)... they SAY it had to do with "remote viewing" but... (right, I'm sure...)
                      Spoiler:
                      And made myself a queen

To capture tinkerbell
                      But I could always tell

And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Originally posted by Setesh
                        I think it was Arthur C. Clarke that said "Any sufficently advanced technology is indistinguishible from magic." He probably spelled it better, but that's what he said.

However it would hardly have been "God", but rather one of his 'ancestors', one of the early gods of humankind who could be credited. I mean it is possible for an advanced race to swoop in, alter a monkeys DNA slightly and leave without leaving any traces. They could visit again, set fire to talking scrubbery, cut their brothers to pieces and have their wifes reassemble them or founding any other myth that you can think of.

That's kind of the point of sci-fi, the "it could happen" factor, which distinguish it from fantasy.

Oh, and if stargate were real I would stand in line to get a snake implanted in my head. Yeah sure, I wouldn't be in control, but I'd live forever inside this really cool guy. Assuming I get to partake in his pleasures, taste what he tastes etc. I can't think of anything greater. Long live the systemlords. I mean, literary.

Genesis was never really my strong point, aliens, gods, who knows but to arrive on another planet than your own to help create a new speices would be the ultimate god like power, to create a new race in whatever style you want is why genetics and so fourth is so contraversial in the real world, absolute power corrupts absolute they say, but to do that at free will is the ultimate god like powers that one could hold, technology progesses as far as the imagination allows, maybe one day we could ignite a solar system into action and spread new life, maybe thats are purpose, but species that don't evolve or change die off, but the human race may well do that to itself....anyway im rambling on
                        For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

If the stargate was real i would fly halfway around the world become an american citizen and join the air force then i probly wouldnt even be put in the stargate program as every other gatehead would beat me to it

maybe there is blue jelly cubes in the caffetirier

hmm wish full thinking
                          War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Comment

Well, if it was, my spanish Teacher would be in grave danger this Momorial day, as she is off to Colorado Springs to visit a friend who is in the Military
                            Spoiler:
                            And made myself a queen

To capture tinkerbell
                            But I could always tell

And fireflies...

Comment

"Wednesday, April 26, 2006, at 6PM

Naked Science
                              Killer Asteroid [TV-G]
                              We are just as likely to die from an asteroid impact as we are in a plane crash. Naked Science meets the scientists whose aim is to land a spacecraft on a near-Earth asteroid and gently nudge it along, changing the asteroids orbit. Will it work?"

hmmm sounds fimilar huh? lol expect in "Fail Safe" they rode an asteroid through Earth

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                                if it were real we'd never know it. maybe bird flu is an ori plague?
                                and sars that broke out in china

Originally posted by Stuey1221
                                Dont forget, SG-1 is the only TV series ever to be fully backed by the USAF!?
                                good point and it makes you wonder if it is real when did there open the gate and where are there in real life compared to the tv show

Originally posted by Primus Commander Woden
                                i woudl be straight out there fighting some Goauld butt!!
                                i would try to help with the ori

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                                Riot outside cheyenne mountian!
                                i'll join in there can't arrest us all ....but there could beam all of us to deddy

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                                Absolutly.....the Stargate under the control of President Bush *shudders*
                                (happy place Happy place) if he had comtrol of the gate why don't he start a war on another planet instead of ours

if the stargate program was real IMO it would be cool i mean honestly could you imagine the ori and goa'uld being real and us having deddy class ships and some where out there someone who is probabaly similar to the charcters we watch every week
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X