This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gal-in-Black
    If it was real (And Im not confirming or denying that) I would be out there beating the crap outta the ori and stealing stuff right beside Vala...
    just be careful not to get pregnant!

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
      Aren't they virtually the same thing?
      A myth is something that has basis in the mystical and supernatural. Or it's a myth in the sense that it doesn't exist and only exists in stories.

A legend can be anything. I can become legendary for eating a pound of chocolate in 5 seconds.

Comment

A myth is a story that has some religious significance. It tends to be told outside of chronology. The story often explains the beginnings of traditions and customs in a timeless way. It's very symbolic in nature.

A legend is a story that is told within a historical context, as if it was a historical event, rather then the symbolic nature of myth, and thus often can be an exageration of actual historical events.
        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by wowtokra
          This is something that has always made the show better than any other out there, its SciFi but at the same time it could be true and it still fits with Religion.

From a religious point of view one would think yeah its not true cause its not in the bible. Truth is many things that happened arent in the bible or there are many gaps. Now if SG universe was real, God creating the universe still applies.

We are the Viewers of "Wormhole Extreme" and maybe thats why they stress on making the 200th episode about it so that one day when they go public about the Stargate, we wont be in total shock

Earth mythologies go so well with Stargate that it almost seems possible, like Atlantis

Not saying its real, just saying what if.
          Washington wasn't in the bible.. therefor he wasnt real.. I'm actually offended that someone would actually say "If its not in the bible is not true" thats just making an ass of yourself. No offense, But, the Bible didn't mention how Hot dogs were made but we know they were made. The Bible didn't mention the United States,(directly lol.. some say theresa line claiming that when the Eagle falls it marks the begining of the apacolysp) Hell, The bible may be considered a history book, but it doesn't have everything that happened. Its like saying your Algebra book didn't say anything about Trigonometry so therefore it doesnt exist... Personally I believe most the things in the bible, but you must understand its a TRANSLATION ON A TRANSLATION ON A TRANSLATION and so on. For all we know, when God said "Let there be light, and there was light" it could say "pour me some milk dear, and the milk was poured."
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

i woudl be straight out there fighting some Goauld butt!!
            Those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust.

sigpic

Comment

There could be a program similar to the Stargate one. As for the some of the tech however, we already have some of it in developement or hasn't been released yet. I have alot more links like this, but I'm lazy and most of it is more related to Star Trek and the new Battlestar Galactica. There are a few things being developed that at least remind me of the Kull warrior's suit. One is Hal(Japanese exo-skeletion), another is the type 1 Future Force Warrior(http://www.defenselink.mil/search/), and another is the Ursus Mark VII by Troy Hurtubise.

http://www.proxygen.com/36/Editorial...list_type=name classic stargate UAV

http://ccsl.mae.cornell.edu/research/selfrep/ replicators
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzfP0Ig7eVQ replicator likeness..kewl

http://www.darpa.mil/ucar/programs/hellads.htm energy weapon
              http://www.missilethreat.com/systems/thel.html energy weapon

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/001133.html space fighter training

http://www.darpa.mil/DARPAtech2004/p...MainScript.pdf DARPA's unobtainium-the reason why we don't detect Asgard ships..

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                Riot outside cheyenne mountian!
                A M E N, we'll force them to tell!
                In Memory of Stalingrad

May She Never Be Forgotten.

Comment

they are closing it down
                  ------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Spudster
                    they are closing it down
                    Well, that just proves it is real--they got wind of the riot.

For a long time, off and on, I have wondered if "God", as we perceive Him, was actually an alien, part of an advanced alien race, who either "made" this world, or came here and started humankind on a different track than what we were on (apes, chimpanzees, whatever). They could be like the Asgard, and still be protecting us; heaven could be Asgard beaming technology that takes us to a bucolic, peaceful planet light-years away. So, I don't find it impossible to believe that the stargate could be real.
                    "With all due respect, sir"......we're all due some respect.

Comment

if Stargate was real i think i would faint lol, woudl be great fun,

and at the end of the day its not impossible.....plus would like ot meet thor!
                      Those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust.

sigpic

Comment

there is 48,000 threads on god the ancient.....

if stargate was real then my sister wud, for 3 years, bug my parents to buy her an BC-304, until i think they would finally shoot her in the head.... well theres always an up side in life!!!

Comment

*sigh* I want Stargate to be real.....I want to meet Thor to.

Comment

Yeah would be great if the stargate were real. Then we could all get off this god forsaken planet and go pollute a new one

If the gate did really exist and that the military IS in control of it, the entire galaxy is doomed, doomed I tells ya!!!!

Save us all mighty Thor!!!

Especially with the governments we currently have. But if a stargate programme did actually exist and was revealed to the public, I'd join the programme in a heart beat.
                            Evolution has no limits!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Wanderer
                              Yeah would be great if the stargate were real. Then we could all get off this god forsaken planet and go pollute a new one

If the gate did really exist and that the military IS in control of it, the entire galaxy is doomed, doomed I tells ya!!!!

Save us all mighty Thor!!!

Especially with the governments we currently have. But if a stargate programme did actually exist and was revealed to the public, I'd join the programme in a heart beat.
                              Absolutly.....the Stargate under the control of President Bush *shudders*

Comment

if the stargate was in control of president crap talk bush then there would be no alien races on other planets, he would have nuked them all to get their fossil fuels.

Comment

Working...
                                X