Jonas Quinn ... gone for good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kymeric
    Does anyone else thing people are over reacting?
    What makes you think that?

Comment

While I do miss the character...I don't think he really would fit very well with the current stories going on in SG-1. He WOULD fit pretty well with Atlantis though.

At least SG-1 is getting Vala *excited!!*
      It feels good to be alive.
      Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Through all of this, I have not been able to find one response that explains why Corin Nemic is not returning. Does any one know this answer? I am just curious if it is the writers, producers, cast, or if it is Corin himself who does not want to return (maybe because he didn't like his charactor or something)

Comment

Corin has been quoted many times as saying he would love to return to Stargate. TPTB, however, keep evading. There are tons of rumors, but they're all equally unfounded. I highly doubt we'll ever know the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            Corin has been quoted many times as saying he would love to return to Stargate. TPTB, however, keep evading. There are tons of rumors, but they're all equally unfounded. I highly doubt we'll ever know the truth.
            Nope, as fans we're not privy to why he's not returning. Probably never will be unless someone writes that tell-all book. of course, unless someone signed a non-disclosure type agreement....

As for rumors, I've heard maybe two, but certainly not 'tons'....

Comment

Originally posted by carcatcher
              Through all of this, I have not been able to find one response that explains why Corin Nemic is not returning. Does any one know this answer? I am just curious if it is the writers, producers, cast, or if it is Corin himself who does not want to return (maybe because he didn't like his charactor or something)

I submited the question as to why they don't want him back and if there is a good reason to the Ask Matt page on the TV Guild.com website. He didn't answer it for monday, but perhaps if enough people ask him then maybe we might be able to find out???

Comment

Well, a "ton" may be overstating things a bit () but I've heard at least four or five different stories.

Comment

Well, no matter what happens, at least his spirit will live on in some of us. And one could always watch season 6 over, and over,.....etc.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Sorry, but I heard recently that Jonas would not be retunning, either to SG1 or Atlantis. Hope I heard wrong.
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                      Sorry, but I heard recently that Jonas would not be retunning, either to SG1 or Atlantis. Hope I heard wrong.
                      Well, if you go to the beginning of this thread, yes, that's where the news is posted.

Comment

As much as I love what TPTB has given us over this past decade, I still can't help but feel disgusted with the way they've treated the Jonas Quinn character, and Corin Nemec himself. They may just think of him as "the Daniel replacement" but whether they like it or not, he IS a part of the show's history, and was given significant development for the viewers before they booted Corin off the cast.

If they were pulling this type of thing for Hammond or Jack, people would all but revolt at the attitude they were taking. I just see letting someone go apparently because "the other guy came back" as rather disrespectful to an actor.

Comment

I think there was a lot of commotion, revolt, whatever you want to call it at the time. About on level with the commotion over what happened to Janet. And I suspect it possibly went part way to my not really watching season 7 and 8, despite the return of my abosolute favourite character. So I daresay they did lose some viewership over it.

But then they did also gain a lot of viewers because of the switch at the same time to the Sci Fi channel, which is in a lot more homes than Showtime. So any show of protest to the PTB would have been lost.

And that may have been also balanced out by the viewers that left the show because Daniel had gone. I know that usually in any other show I've ever watched, as soon as one of the main characters has left, I've also stopped watching. It happened in Highlander and Sliders. Somehow the show is never quite the same for me afterwards - and I imagine that there's probably quite a lot of people who feel the same way.

Things were different for Stargate though, partly because I'd been a member of the fandom. That sort of emotional investment though made me keep watching. But also because I really liked what we saw of Jonas in Meridian, and thought that storyline and character had a lot of potential. For me, introducing the new character early on helped a lot.

Anyway I'm meandering...I do feel guilty that I didn't put in the same time and energy to supporting Jonas as I did Daniel. I only wrote a few letters, not the letter a week for Daniel. It wasn't that I was any less dedicated it was just that after the huge emotional upheaval that went on when they got rid of Daniel, I just didn't have the emotioanl energy left when they axed Jonas. I wonder how many other people were in the same boat? Perhaps that gave the PTB the idea that he wasn't as important to us?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten
                            As much as I love what TPTB has given us over this past decade, I still can't help but feel disgusted with the way they've treated the Jonas Quinn character, and Corin Nemec himself. They may just think of him as "the Daniel replacement" but whether they like it or not, he IS a part of the show's history, and was given significant development for the viewers before they booted Corin off the cast.

If they were pulling this type of thing for Hammond or Jack, people would all but revolt at the attitude they were taking. I just see letting someone go apparently because "the other guy came back" as rather disrespectful to an actor.
                            As I've said before, as fans, we do NOT know what went on behind the scenes. We probably never will. There's a lot of speculation and none of it is backed up with fact. Corin had a two-year contract. The studio was behold to either buy out that last year or give him development deals. If MS worked better for them and the studio asked him back, that's what happens in that business. In fact, that happens in any business. Actors actually have better protection than us poor schmucks with "at will" employment agreements.

Comment

I don't know how much of a campaign there was to "save" Jonas. Most of us were so horrified and repelled by what certain Daniel supporters did to get their precious character back AT ANY COST that I think most of us (or I and some of my closer Jonas supporters, anyway) didn't dare to do much for fear of winding up (or just giving the appearance of being) like them. *shudders*

It was a truly appalling time in fandom and frankly I've never been more sickened and disgusted by being a fan than I was at that time. The depths that some people sank to are just staggering. I have never and WILL never support another "save our character" campaign, EVER, because of the Daniel Wars and every time I see a new one crop up it makes my skin crawl.

Granted, it wasn't ALL of the Daniel supporters, and I'm sorry for implying that it was, but there was a particularly rabid clique who used to dog me and any other Jonas fans all over the SCIFI boards and flame us en masse every time we talked about Jonas or dared to suggest that Daniel was anything less than perfect. That certainly made it SEEM like a majority at the time because it was just about the only exposure I had to that faction of fandom.

I'll also admit that back then I was still stupid enough to still have SOME faith in TPTB and to "trust" them to do right by Jonas and Corin. I learned my lesson the hard way and if you're wondering how I became such a bitter, cynical b****, that's pretty much why, right there. Between SDJ and TPTB, they profaned my love of Stargate.

I've gone back and seen posts I've made on other forums back during season six and before and it's scary how happy and positive I was. I well and truly loved the show back then, I believed the producers could do no wrong and I thought SG fandom was an awesome and welcoming place to be. Poor, silly fool that I was...
                              Last edited by ShadowMaat; 05 April 2006, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                I don't know how much of a campaign there was to "save" Jonas. Most of us were so horrified and repelled by what the Daniel supporters did to get their precious character back AT ANY COST that I think most of us (or I and some of my closer Jonas supporters, anyway) didn't dare to do much for fear of winding up (or just giving the appearance of being) like them. *shudders*

It was a truly appalling time in fandom and frankly I've never been more sickened and disgusted by being a fan than I was at that time. The depths that some people sank to are just staggering. I have never and WILL never support another "save our character" campaign, EVER, because of the Save Daniel Jackson fiasco and every time I see a new one crop up it makes my skin crawl.

I'll also admit that back then I was still stupid enough to still have SOME faith in TPTB and to "trust" them to do right by Jonas and Corin. I learned my lesson the hard way and if you're wondering how I became such a bitter, cynical b****, that's pretty much why, right there. Between SDJ and TPTB, they profaned my love of Stargate.

I've gone back and seen posts I've made on other forums back during season six and before and it's scary how happy and positive I was. I well and truly loved the show back then, I believed the producers could do no wrong and I thought SG fandom was an awesome and welcoming place to be. Poor, silly fool that I was...
                                Please note that it was SOME Daniel fans who may have appalled you. One thing about thsi fandom that is very annoying is how all fans get lumped into one batch, for better or worse. Daniel fans may have written in more than Jonas fans as Jonas had one year, Daniel had five. I know lots of people who wrote level-headed letters. I also know people who didn't. Ditto for ship fans too. I've seen stuff from ALL quarters that would make your head spin, so let's not have the pot calling the kettle black.

Comment

Working...
                                X