No announcement yet.

Jonas Quinn ... gone for good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm afraid to ask this, just in case the results aren't what I want them to be, but oh well. Doesn't hurt to try! Could we do a poll in the discussions section/ or the home page asking everyone if they think Jonas Quinn should come back or not. Then if a lot of people do want him back send the results to tptb? Maybe they'll do a double take or something. Or we could go over their heads and send the results to Scifi and MGM?

Comment

You're welcome to try, but the producers obviously don't give a good golly damn what the fans think or what anyone- other than themselves- want and I think that probably goes double where Corin/Jonas is concerned.

Just keep in mind that you'll be opening a can of worms that every Jonas-hating, Corin-bashing fan in Gateworld will feed upon.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        You're welcome to try, but the producers obviously don't give a good golly damn what the fans think or what anyone- other than themselves- want and I think that probably goes double where Corin/Jonas is concerned.

Just keep in mind that you'll be opening a can of worms that every Jonas-hating, Corin-bashing fan in Gateworld will feed upon.

::sigh:: That's true. Cooper even said it himself that he doesn't care what the fans want.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
          Please tell me that at least one person booed when he said that. Because if I was there I sure would have.
          well, only one person seemed to mention it and it was mentioned in the martin gero talk. otherwise, for what was a three day con, right? very little has come out, making me wonder just what questions fans asked as nobody is really reporting back much in the way of interesting information ....

i wasn't at the con, so can't say, and haven't seen anything else anywhere else on the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            I kinda thought this was old news, but yeah, we're never going to see Jonas again. EVER. And we're never going to hear him mentioned in ANY context again, either. Janna's right- it seems like they're doing their best to forget the character ever existed. There's a time when I would have been shocked by such an attitude, but these days it seems more like par for the course where TPTB are concerned.
            yes, poor jonas is the b****** red headed stepchild of the stargate universe
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              yes, poor jonas is the b****** red headed stepchild of the stargate universe
              hey, be careful - ginger here! (before anyone comes back with snark ... i'm not a b****** stepchild!)

Anyway, on-topic ... it's a pity - nothing wrong with the character, but that's the way the cookie crumbles - the shows moved on (not necessarily for better), and he's been left behind / had the iris closed on him ...

I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                It would make no sense for Jonas to be on Atlantis. I fear that if they ever did that, SGA will become nothing more than a dumping ground for SG1 characters they don't know what to do with on SG1....
                But originally, Jonas was *supposed* to be spun off into Atlantis! So why wouldn't he fit in there? (Rhetorical question.) I think, at this point, Jonas being on Atlantis would be the only thing that could get me to watch it.
                - Mary
                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Yeah, I've pretty much prepared myself for never seeing Jonas again. I liked his character, don't give me wrong, but I'm sure we'll have enough to preoccupy ourselves with this coming season.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I really liked Jonas but wouldnt want him brought back for silly role that didnt make sense. The way it was ended allowed for SG1 to have one more episode with him and that was it. I dont like the way he is forgot about, or the fact i forget about him most of the time. But thats just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by lissafoss
                      I really liked Jonas but wouldnt want him brought back for silly role that didnt make sense. The way it was ended allowed for SG1 to have one more episode with him and that was it. I dont like the way he is forgot about, or the fact i forget about him most of the time. But thats just the way it is.
                      I agree, it's the way that he's forgot about that boils my blood.
                      Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                      The Strongest Will Survive!
                      I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Lets just remember that stranger things have happened on Stargate and they may be bluffing......which is unlikely unfortuantly

Comment

Man theres alot of fan-wank in here... a big *rolls eyes* to some of you, nothing is ever set in stone for sci fi and you should all know by now not to take what tptb say at face value as often they word it in a certain way as to not give away the story.

AFIAK Gero is primarily an Atlantis writer, so saying anything that could be that permanent for a show he hardly even works on is either carelessness or a hint for the show that he does work on.

As for Jonas, how many of you crushed by the disapearance of him or even Ford for that matter are the very same people who whinged that they were poor characters in the first place? (I hate the F.O.R.D for this very reason).

Why would Jonas go to Atlantis? The potential knowledge that could provide a stable means of Naquadria power generation that the ancient database might contain would be too tempting for him. Or perhaps he escapes from his homeworld which is now under Ori control, and joins the atlantis expedition list... fast study, knows Daniel Jacksons ancient research back to front so he would be an invalueable consult considering that Daniel is preoccupied with the Ori.

Just remember to watch the road tptb are taking before criticising thier driving.

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords

Just remember to watch the road tptb are taking before criticising thier driving.
                            They always pull it around, i have faith in them. So many people didnt think they would get Mitchell to work but they did. Or at least i think they did.

My point is, if they find a way or if a story provides the oppotunity to bring him back, they will, but only if its right.
                            Last edited by lissafoss; 30 March 2006, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jannagalaxy
                              I agree, it's the way that he's forgot about that boils my blood.
                              can someone please explain this? I keep hearing that Jonas has been forgotten, that he was treated badly on the way out.

He's no more forgotten than Jack, than Selmac, than any other CHARACTER who is gone. You don't keep mentioning them. If a coworker leaves the place you work, you don't keep talking about him year after year, do you?? (Unless of course he screwed things up<G>).

And his character left on good terms, so, I don't see how his character was treated badly.

Comment

There are few things more tiring than fans who feel compelled to bash other fans rather than sticking to the actual subject of a conversation.

Who cares if some of the folks who "complained" about Jonas now want to see him back? Do complaints void a person's right to an opinion? If someone said, "I wish this character had been better developed," does that mean that they were complaining? Does it mean that they aren't allowed to want the character back anyway? Puh-lease.

Absence, as they say, makes the heart grow fonder. Maybe the "failings" of the character pale in comparison to other, bigger failings on the show now. Maybe it's "understood" that having him return would equal getting more development. Maybe the fans who want him back aren't the same as the ones who thought he was "weak." Maybe none of it matters. I've checked through GW's rules very carefully and nowhere does it say, "You must be consistent in your opinion." It doesn't say, "You aren't allowed to complain." And there's definitely no prohibition against "fanwanking." If there were, I think the shippers would be the first ones who'd get banned.

Not everyone is going to agree about everything. That much should be kinda obvious. Heck, some people don't even agree with themselves. Thanks to the open-ness of Gateworld, fans are allowed to disagree with each other (and themselves), but that doesn't mean that you (generally speaking) are free to ridicule others when you disagree with what they say or how they say it. Let fans express their opinions about the show and save the pissing for a toilet.

Comment

Working...
                                X