This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harlen
    Yes I've watched all the episodes from season one to season eight, including the ones with the tok'ra storylines.

I just always thought it sucked. The show introduces the goaúld as evil, beings who rule by force and control hundreds of worlds. Then in season 2, the tok'ra are introduced as good goaúlds or something like that.
    You obviously haven't watched the show enough. It was established that the Sarcophagus warps minds and makes people evil. Which is why the Tok'ra refuse to use it.

Egeria, the original Tok'ra prevented her children from gaining the evil genetic memory of the Goa'uld and formed the Tok'ra.

Sentinent beings are not evil or good from birth. They become good or evil. Granted, someone with superevil genetic memories might be much easier to turn evil, but the children of Egeria do not possess this knowledge.

The show even made a point of showing that some Goa'uld can be good, like the Goa'uld in "Fallout".

Originally posted by knowles2
    We are not talking about cloning a species for thousand of years and that where the probablems begin to rise. Now the tokra would not need to clone each individuall they just need to clone their queen and then she will be able to produce new off spring which will not be the same they will be individualls.
    IIRC, the Tok'ra place their dead in front of a Stargate and let the Kawoosh disintegrate them. This is to prevent the Goa'uld from resurrecting them with the Sarcophagus. So Egeria is long gone.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
      Since when do the Jaffa hate the Tok'ra?

Gerark did.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid
        Gerark did.
        And obviously because the Japanese and Chinese hate each other, the whole world hate them both.

Comment

Regardless, the relations between the Jaffa and Tok'ra is less then cordial. The Tok'ra arnt fond of them because the Jaffa were always the ones who would hunt them down and kill them. While the Jaffa are still wounded by the fact that they were serving a snake like symbiote creature for hundreds of years as slaves and dying pointlessly. On the minimum its tension between the two and at worse its hate.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

You obviously haven't watched the show enough. It was established that the Sarcophagus warps minds and makes people evil. Which is why the Tok'ra refuse to use it.

Hey Im a die hard stargate sg1 fan, and you're telling me that I havent watched the show even. I was well aware of the sarcophagus fact and the tok'ra refusal to use it because its effects. But anyways no reason to get touchy here, its just a show and I thought I would mention the tok'ra idea to all of you but no one likes the idea of the tok'ra gunning for control of the galaxy. So i'll leave it there.

Comment

Well for one I like the idea, I just be incredible hard to pull it of with our current knowlege about the tok'ra

Comment

Originally posted by harlen
                I dont think any of you are getting the point Im trying to point out. The tok'ra are goa'uld, we all know that part. But what Im trying to say here is, goa'uld is a goa'uld. Maybe the tok'ra were a bunch underlords who were sick of serving Ra, and wanted change in the galaxy at the time. Since most of the system lords served under Ra. They apposed this group of underlords who wanted change. Since this bunch of underlords didnt have a huge army. They had no choice but to go into hiding.

Now that Ra and the system lords are no longer in power and control of the galaxy. The tok'ra are free to take the galaxy, 2000 years of preparing to overthrow the system lords. They must at least have a plan of some sort.

Yes I came up with this myself, it didnt come from the writers.

They don't like to be called "GOA'ULD" remember so they are not i have never viewed the tokra as goaulds i have always viewed them as a entirely different race eg there are several different types of Snakes and we don't call them all
                "python" same as the symbiote species are not the same kind of Symbiotes

Ones called Tok'ra (which means against ra remember that RA is a Goauld)
                and the Goa'uld are a parasitic race that enslaves people.

THATS JUST MY VIEW
                Scifi Channel President Should Jump off a cliff

Comment

I can't see the tok'ra turning evil. True they are very similiar to the goauld, but completely different in mindset to the goauld. Season 10 will probably see them helping the tau'ri upgrade their ships. Why should they be isolated against a threat like the ori, it isn't good strategy. I really do think they will be destroyed if they dont come into the anti-ori alliance. The tau'ri seem to be the only race capable of defeating the ori. Since the Jaffa are building themselves up, the asgard are rebuilding themselves from the replicators, the tollan are gone, the Nox are pacifists, the ancients won't help out and that means that will leave the furlings. Now if we see the furlings help the tau'ri with tech like the asgard, then I cannot see how the 3rd race (the Nox) will standby and not help and from the skaara/kloel triad ep, we see lyre especially trending a thin line when she says "I only hid the weapon, not fire it" this tells me they are willing to help with tech but not in the fighting.
                  If these 3 races load us with tech, then I cannot see the other advanced races left not to help. But back on the Tok'ra taking power: As I said I don't think they will. We all have a common enemy in this.

Comment

Personally, I don't think the Tok'ra are in any shape as a species to try and take power. If anything, they probably need all the help they can get. Without a queen, they may soon be no more.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

IIRC, the Tok'ra place their dead in front of a Stargate and let the Kawoosh disintegrate them. This is to prevent the Goa'uld from resurrecting them with the Sarcophagus. So Egeria is long gone.

Well yeah it was probably ceremony that the tok ra' carry out to stop any gould protentially bring them back to life. But this does not mean they did not take a sample of her DNA before doing it.
                      Last edited by knowles2; 27 February 2006, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Perhaps, but what will they do with it? Ask the Asgard to help clone her?

Comment

Well Ba'al appears to have tech capable of cloning goa'uld so that could be used if they had a good sample.

Comment

'If' being the key word here. =0) Where would they get it?

Comment

I think they could probably manage to get their hands on some of it. For example I find it hard to believe he managed to take every bit of information with him when he fled his compound and the offices. Not to mention them working one or more spies into their network.

Comment

i really thought they would make a play for power but they have seemingly disapppeared. I guess the death of jacob was supposed to symbolize thier lack of importance in the following seasons.

id think they would be a damn big help with the ori.
                                jake o'niel ".......bite me"

Mythbusters....."I reject your reality and arbitrarily substitute it with my own"

Comment

Working...
                                X