Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know about the Tok'ra 'taking power' but I can definitely seeing them raising their civilization to a more open above-ground setting being a huge developement plot-wise. They have been hiding and striking at the Gua'uld for so long I would love to see the day when they are finally free to set up a civilization however they see fit.

Comment

Originally posted by harlen
      I dont think any of you are getting the point Im trying to point out. The tok'ra are goa'uld, we all know that part. But what Im trying to say here is, goa'uld is a goa'uld. Maybe the tok'ra were a bunch underlords who were sick of serving Ra, and wanted change in the galaxy at the time. Since most of the system lords served under Ra. They apposed this group of underlords who wanted change. Since this bunch of underlords didnt have a huge army. They had no choice but to go into hiding.

Now that Ra and the system lords are no longer in power and control of the galaxy. The tok'ra are free to take the galaxy, 2000 years of preparing to overthrow the system lords. They must at least have a plan of some sort.

Yes I came up with this myself, it didnt come from the writers.
      Did you actually watch the show?
      The Tok'ra are not like the goa'uld at all. Your saying it yourself 'maybe' they were underlords, i doubt it.
      The Queen didn't agree with the goa'uld methods and she created an alliance and all her offspring are the tok'ra, they all oppose the goa'uld.

You should try watching every episode (with tok'ra in it) again (i doubt you've watch them all in the first place though) and then rethink what you've been contemplating.
      You will see that your idea is very wrong
      error: signature not found

Comment

The Tok'ra are a dying race. If they had any interest in cloning tech, why didn't they ask Earth for it before they alliance became strained? They have limited life spans, no longer have a central goal (overthrowing the Goa'uld), and they have alot of adjusting to do. It would be irrational to have them rise as an enemy, especially and enemy that operates like the very thing were trying to overthrow, the Goa'uld System Lords.

Comment

They could of been play acting for the last 2000 years, pretending that they wanted to free humans and did not want to take host by force, the reason they did not destroy the planet which held their queen prisoner is because they needed us to help them and resupply them and we have planets which we could protect them on like earth which was protected by the ever reliable asguard. It would be a good plot twist, and no one would be exspecting it. Plus the tokra have not always been completly trusting of us they force us to go on missions with out telling us all the answers first, and they also seem to put them self above the tauri like when they tested themdevices on us which out telling us the effect they could have. So yeah if done in the right way, with good storyline and great scripting it would make for a good story arc and they gave conficing answers to why certain elements in the tokra like jacob and martouf did not know of their plans. Also I been especting them for sometime of perhaps of having mother ship, or may be they have been secretly constructing a city on planet rebuilding their civilisation. Also I suspect we probably did give them the cloning technology, which by the way Baal did not invent, it was infact develop by human scientist working for the trust and the NID which Baal took over.
          But we are exspecting a new enemy in season 10 so maybe they are the tokra who have been preparing a master plan for the past 2000 years to conquer the galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
            They could of been play acting for the last 2000 years, pretending that they wanted to free humans and did not want to take host by force, the reason they did not destroy the planet which held their queen prisoner is because they needed us to help them and resupply them and we have planets which we could protect them on like earth which was protected by the ever reliable asguard. It would be a good plot twist, and no one would be exspecting it. Plus the tokra have not always been completly trusting of us they force us to go on missions with out telling us all the answers first, and they also seem to put them self above the tauri like when they tested themdevices on us which out telling us the effect they could have. So yeah if done in the right way, with good storyline and great scripting it would make for a good story arc and they gave conficing answers to why certain elements in the tokra like jacob and martouf did not know of their plans. Also I been especting them for sometime of perhaps of having mother ship, or may be they have been secretly constructing a city on planet rebuilding their civilisation. Also I suspect we probably did give them the cloning technology, which by the way Baal did not invent, it was infact develop by human scientist working for the trust and the NID which Baal took over.
            But we are exspecting a new enemy in season 10 so maybe they are the tokra who have been preparing a master plan for the past 2000 years to conquer the galaxy.
            That is the biggest stretch in plot history next to Ra's resurrection.

Comment

Sorry but don't think its likely. Its like making the Asgard evil as well because they had some insidious plot to use all humans for genetic experiments once the Goa'uld were dealt with. Not going to happen.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Yes I've watched all the episodes from season one to season eight, including the ones with the tok'ra storylines.

I just always thought it sucked. The show introduces the goaúld as evil, beings who rule by force and control hundreds of worlds. Then in season 2, the tok'ra are introduced as good goaúlds or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by harlen
                  Yes I've watched all the episodes from season one to season eight, including the ones with the tok'ra storylines.

I just always thought it sucked. The show introduces the goaúld as evil, beings who rule by force and control hundreds of worlds. Then in season 2, the tok'ra are introduced as good goaúlds or something like that.
                  Why is so hard to believe that an intelligent species can contain both Good and Evil? Isn't that true about humans?

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
                    Also I suspect we probably did give them the cloning technology, which by the way Baal did not invent, it was infact develop by human scientist working for the trust and the NID which Baal took over.
                    If we've got cloning technology that good, then we should probably contact the Asgard, it seemed to work pretty well. Of course, we don't know the long term effects of making copies of the copies. See, that's where the Asgard went wrong. DNA becomes damaged over time and can't always entirely repair itself perfectly. In most cases it's not an issue (except when it becomes cancerous or something), but by making copies of the copies, the errors increase. What the Asgard SHOULD have done is when they started cloning is to keep a repository of all their genetic information so that they're always making clones from the original instead of clones of the clones.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                      If we've got cloning technology that good, then we should probably contact the Asgard, it seemed to work pretty well. Of course, we don't know the long term effects of making copies of the copies. See, that's where the Asgard went wrong. DNA becomes damaged over time and can't always entirely repair itself perfectly. In most cases it's not an issue (except when it becomes cancerous or something), but by making copies of the copies, the errors increase. What the Asgard SHOULD have done is when they started cloning is to keep a repository of all their genetic information so that they're always making clones from the original instead of clones of the clones.
                      Big difference though between an Asgard and a Goa'uld. Goa'uld would possibly be simpler to grow then something as complex as a humanoid being. Also in a way, all Goa'uld are clones of the Queen who herself contains the genetic material of all her predecessors.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                        Big difference though between an Asgard and a Goa'uld. Goa'uld would possibly be simpler to grow then something as complex as a humanoid being. Also in a way, all Goa'uld are clones of the Queen who herself contains the genetic material of all her predecessors.
                        Also consider that the Tokra might'nt want to clone themselves

Cloning a Goa'uld doesn't just produce a genetic copy but copies the memories/personality of the symbiote too

How would you feel if there were multiple copies of you running around, to me atleast I couldn't stand it, these people trying to be me (then look at it from the clones perspective - knowing your not really "real")

Only someone as amoral as Ba'al would copy himself so readily (and so much)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                          How would you feel if there were multiple copies of you running around...
                          I would love it, get loads of work done just joking. Yeah I agree with you the Tok'ra do seem to have morals enough not to use such a technology considering they don't use a sarcophagus as it 'dilutes the soul' or something to that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                            If anything I'd think the goa'uld would be MORE complex considering how specialized it must be to have the restorative and control powers that it does, not to mention all the genetic memories and such that they pass down.

Comment

We are not talking about cloning a species for thousand of years and that where the probablems begin to rise. Now the tokra would not need to clone each individuall they just need to clone their queen and then she will be able to produce new off spring which will not be the same they will be individualls.

Comment

Originally posted by da_hippie
                                The Tok'Ra are a dying race, they wouldn't manage it, even if they did want to. Besides, the Jaffa now hate both the Tok'Ra and the Goa'uld.
                                Since when do the Jaffa hate the Tok'ra?

Comment

Working...
                                X