Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Controversial Daniel Arc For Season Ten." Any Ideas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man
    Same here. When Season 10 concludes, I want our team intact.
    Me too but I'd be fine if Daniel went to Atlantis.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
      Same here. When Season 10 concludes, I want our team intact.
      Yes, most definitely. I want to have the team whole at the end of Season Ten. Even if Daniel has to do things in a more *drastic* manner than he otherwise would have, I at least want him to be around! The whold ascension/descension thing isn't something I want to do again; MS hinted at something like that during the pre-show for "200," but I *really* hope that it's not to be. More drastic principals are o.k. - major character deaths aren't!

I agree, too, that any info Daniel knows would be available to the Ori if he were to be turned; hopefully, the whole idea of him somehow resisting the transformation becuase he was an ascended being before might work in this instance, too. If he can fight the transformation, maybe he can fight the amount of info the Ori receive? Dunno. Grief - 6 months is soo looong. I bet it will be more than worth the wait, though!

Comment

Originally posted by JackandDanielGenFan
        Yes, most definitely. I want to have the team whole at the end of Season Ten. Even if Daniel has to do things in a more *drastic* manner than he otherwise would have, I at least want him to be around! The whold ascension/descension thing isn't something I want to do again; MS hinted at something like that during the pre-show for "200," but I *really* hope that it's not to be. More drastic principals are o.k. - major character deaths aren't!

I agree, too, that any info Daniel knows would be available to the Ori if he were to be turned; hopefully, the whole idea of him somehow resisting the transformation becuase he was an ascended being before might work in this instance, too. If he can fight the transformation, maybe he can fight the amount of info the Ori receive? Dunno. Grief - 6 months is soo looong. I bet it will be more than worth the wait, though!
        Agree compleatly but out of curiosity how would you feel if Daniel went to Atlantis permenetly. Personally I think of all the SG-1 characters he would be the best choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
          Agree compleatly but out of curiosity how would you feel if Daniel went to Atlantis permenetly. Personally I think of all the SG-1 characters he would be the best choice.
          Hi, yes. I would like to see Daniel go to Atlantis; it seems like it's been something he's wanted to do for quite some time now, and it would be neat to see that dream fulfilled for his character. The only bummer about that would be that he would most likely be split from the rest of the team; it's a catch-22 for me, as I really would like to see Daniel's character in Atlantis, but would like to keep the team intact. So, there ya go.

Comment

Hi, yes. I would like to see Daniel go to Atlantis; it seems like it's been something he's wanted to do for quite some time now, and it would be neat to see that dream fulfilled for his character. The only bummer about that would be that he would most likely be split from the rest of the team; it's a catch-22 for me, as I really would like to see Daniel's character in Atlantis, but would like to keep the team intact. So, there ya go.
            I feel the same way. I think it would be good for hsi character but I don't want him out of whaterver MGM has planned for SG-1.

Comment

I'd like to see Daniel in Atlantis too, but not if it means getting rid of other characters so that he would have a place. It wouldn't be a good idea to completely change another show just to remind viewers that the members of SG-1 still exist. Guest starring would be good, though.
              What if the hokey-pokey really is what it's all about?

Spoiler:
              I made a big decision a little while ago.
              I don't remember what it was, which prob'ly goes to show
              That many times a simple choice can prove to be essential
              Even though it often might appear inconsequential.

I must have been distracted when I left my home because
              Left or right I'm sure I went. (I wonder which it was!)
              Anyway, I never veered: I walked in that direction
              Utterly absorbed, it seems, in quiet introspection.

For no reason I can think of, I've wandered far astray.
              And that is how I got to where I find myself today.

Bill Waterson, "The indispensable Calvin and Hobbes"

Comment

Originally posted by wanderingbynight
                I'd like to see Daniel in Atlantis too, but not if it means getting rid of other characters so that he would have a place. It wouldn't be a good idea to completely change another show just to remind viewers that the members of SG-1 still exist. Guest starring would be good, though.
                Yes, me too. If it's a question of not having SG1 or having them guest star on Atlantis - I'm all for the guest star thing. It can be fun, too; it freshens up things that might be getting a bit old, and I would enjoy seeing "old friends."

Comment

If you ask me they can easily get Daniel to Atlantis & not take away from the other characters. All Daniel would do in Atlantis is be given free roam & explore the rest of the city our team hasnt. He does not have to even be in episodes but we would know Daniel is there exploring the city & maybe have the occasional episode where Daniel finds something interesting to do etc & tie it in to a current mission Sheppard & co is on. I think if they do it right Daniel can easily be a part of the Atlantis team without taking much away. Just knowing hes there exploring the city with maybe Weir checking up on him every now & then is good enough for me. Just give Daniel 100 % free roam of the city & thats enough to keep him busy

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate
                    If you ask me they can easily get Daniel to Atlantis & not take away from the other characters. All Daniel would do in Atlantis is be given free roam & explore the rest of the city our team hasnt. He does not have to even be in episodes but we would know Daniel is there exploring the city & maybe have the occasional episode where Daniel finds something interesting to do etc & tie it in to a current mission Sheppard & co is on. I think if they do it right Daniel can easily be a part of the Atlantis team without taking much away. Just knowing hes there exploring the city with maybe Weir checking up on him every now & then is good enough for me. Just give Daniel 100 % free roam of the city & thats enough to keep him busy
                    I agree. Daniel could be on Atlantis and discover something earth shattering, Rodeney fumbles it up Daniel tries to fix it and then they realize they need Carter. I'd love some other members of SG-1 to guest star from time to time.

Comment

The impression I got when he mentioned that was that he was talking about Daniel becoming a Prior. (Certainly sounds like something between death and ascension to me.) I don't have much fear about them killing Daniel because, if they did, the vast majority of fans would reply with a collective "What, again?"

Personally, I really hope that Daniel's transformation into a Prior is complete, is real, and is Daniel actually going to the dark side (which is the impression I've gotten based on info from MS and JM in recent months). Besides, maybe it's just the fangirl in me hoping for it, but based on the reaction I've seen from fans who've found out this particular spoiler, I'd say that alone would definitely define it as the "controversial arc."
                      Metroids are not pets
                      Metroids are not for target practice
                      Any unauthorized feeding of metroids is prohibited

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiGeek View Post
                        The impression I got when he mentioned that was that he was talking about Daniel becoming a Prior. (Certainly sounds like something between death and ascension to me.) I don't have much fear about them killing Daniel because, if they did, the vast majority of fans would reply with a collective "What, again?"

Personally, I really hope that Daniel's transformation into a Prior is complete, is real, and is Daniel actually going to the dark side (which is the impression I've gotten based on info from MS and JM in recent months). Besides, maybe it's just the fangirl in me hoping for it, but based on the reaction I've seen from fans who've found out this particular spoiler, I'd say that alone would definitely define it as the "controversial arc."
                        Oh defianatly and IMO will be a great arc for Daniel. I knoe he probably won't fully convert but it will be cool to see him go all dark side on us.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          I wouldn't be sure about having Daniel on SGA full-time. While I love his character and always will, I want that show to stand on it's own two feet for the most part. Tough decision for me.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            I wouldn't be sure about having Daniel on SGA full-time. While I love his character and always will, I want that show to stand on it's own two feet for the most part. Tough decision for me.
                            For me too but if anyone comes over to SGA my choice would be Daniel as he would fit it perfextly but like you I would like the show to stand on it's own two feet.

Comment

I guess we all just have to enjoy the rest of this season, and the two SG-1 movies, and see what happens. I know I'll certainly be savoring ever single moment of what is left. "The Shroud" will be no exception.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It would be rather lame if he "left" the series being a bad guy. Comon, Daniel's character doesnt deserve that!

Comment

Working...
                                X