Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only have a cliffhanger if you know the show is getting renewed for the next season. Otherwise, it seems like a desperate ploy to force the networks to renew (and doesn't always work) and it's freaking frustrating for me as a viewer to not see the ending to the cliffhanger. I was all set to see what would happen on Joan of Arcadia, and boom. Show gets cancelled. I wanted to see if Michael Wiseman and his family escaped on Now and Again, but I never will.

I think it should end in a way that isn't a cliffhanger but that gives the impression that things are still going on. Which is how I think the show should end. I'd like to imagine that people are still going through the gate, even if we don't see it.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
      Only have a cliffhanger if you know the show is getting renewed for the next season. Otherwise, it seems like a desperate ploy to force the networks to renew (and doesn't always work) and it's freaking frustrating for me as a viewer to not see the ending to the cliffhanger. I was all set to see what would happen on Joan of Arcadia, and boom. Show gets cancelled. I wanted to see if Michael Wiseman and his family escaped on Now and Again, but I never will.

I think it should end in a way that isn't a cliffhanger but that gives the impression that things are still going on. Which is how I think the show should end. I'd like to imagine that people are still going through the gate, even if we don't see it.
      OK, I agree with Dani. I know I'm showing my age but IMO the 2 worst endings of shows ever were Quantam Leap (I would have preferred they killed Sam over leaving him in diner limbo...hey, that sounds familiar now that I think of it..) and Soap (half of the characters were about to be killed by the other half of the characters [if you guys don't know this show let me just say that Billy Crystal was the LEAST funny person on it, that's how funny it was]). So, no, if they don't absolutely know there will be an 11th season, PLEASE don't end it with a cliffhanger!!
      Last edited by Callista; 07 January 2006, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Aren't we al getting a little ahead of ourselves? I mean season 9 isn't even over yet.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
        Spoiler:

Comment

I agree with GtW. I mean, its too soon to say whether they will want a season 11. And I really dont think they should use a cliffhanger anyway...
          ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

IMO Season ten should end without a cliff hanger. So that season 11 can start with another big bad. I dont think TPTB would want to stop writing soon. Theres so much more to see. Their probably as anctious to see the next seasons as we are if not more.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
              i would want a season 10 cliffhanger, if the show is to have a new enemy then i really hope the show will go on and it not having a weak assed enemy we see defeated in the space of 20 episodes, if they want a new enemy to come into the mix then it would be a safe way to go to re-introduce a familiar enemy we know about so there isnt 5 or 6 episodes just to get to know em maybe the Aschen who we all know but don't know too much about, these guys could be re-invented and a major threat instead of a new enemy becoming too far fetched and just some crazy super powerful alien force that kills all in their way, we want mystery and cloak and dager when it comes to the storylines because it keeps the fans guessing and also gives up some big secrets and adds suspense to the show instead of "oh look a big alien force is building ships to destroy the galaxy and oh dear we seem to be caught in the middle of it all but hey! we will save the day and the galaxy will go about its days not giving a crap that we saved em all!!!", or something like that which means for the example if the Aschen would return they would be out for earth and humanity and goes about it secretly and dastardly.

but im sure whatever TPTB pulls out of their heads will fuel the show to either go on in leaps and bounds or simply hit the ground and smash to peices.
              i agree. and theres alot of races they could do it with. the race from foothold, the race that created urgo, the invisible people (forgot there names), even the furlings could be used as the next big bad.

Comment

I think season 10 should definitely end in a cliffhanger. That way something leads us into season 11.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think a cool ending cliffhanger would be that they release the Avenger virus on the stargate network, to stop the Ori. Thay would be a good ending scene for season 10. And for season 11 the gates aren't working anymore, at least for a while, maybe till the end of the year or the midseason 2-parter

Comment

Shouldn't every season end in a cliff hanger of sorts? That's why everyone highly anticipates the new season, is it not?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                      Shouldn't every season end in a cliff hanger of sorts? That's why everyone highly anticipates the new season, is it not?
                      True

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                        It could be worse. When the makers of Dark Skies (another Eric Close series) found out it had been cancelled, the cliffhanger ending was changed with a voiceover saying that the badguys were eventually defeated and everyone lived happily ever after. Some resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                          That's true. It's strange that season 9 will be the first time since season 4 that SG1 will end on a cliffhanger. It's like they have had a new lease of life as of late.

Comment

If season 10 ends in a cliffhanger that means there is a season 11!!

Comment

I'd love to see a season 11, but I really hate cliffhangers. I don't like waiting as I am very impatient. But I live in Germany, so I have the advantage, that I can ask someone of the USA how the show continues. Or something like that.
                              Why be difficult?
                              Put some effort in and be impossible!

Comment

Originally posted by plaw15
                                If season 10 ends in a cliffhanger that means there is a season 11!!
                                No, it doesn't. It could end on a cliffhanger and then stay that way for eternity.
                                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Working...
                                X